Are backless dresses slutty?

So...i got into an argument with a friend about backless dresses..she kept saying it makes girls look cheap are whorish. I think they look cool link

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like that particular backless dress but no it is definitely not cheap looking or whorish. The right dress with the perfect amount of back showing can be very classy

I love this dress

link

What Guys Said 15

• Some backless dresses are very elegant and look classy. Others leave a girl with plummer crack. =P So no backless dresses don't make girls look slutty... Slutty is a way of life, not what you wear.

• First of, they look pretty gorgeous to me. Second, your friend needs to chill out. No man has ever gotten aroused by a back. There is nothing whorish or slutty about showing your back. Just because it is skin showing does not make it sexual. And even if it did, there's nothing wrong with sex or sexuality that should be condemned as "whorish."

• Some of those dresses are very both elegant and classy. I have seen them at company functions and sometimes they look great and other times, it's like what was she thinking?

• If backless dresses were slutty, then I would say sluts are gorgeous. Backless dresses are sexy and elegant. Modest but revealing at the same time.

• Yep, except at formal occasions, they make girls look cheap. Not much doubt about it, I'm afraid. They scream CFM nless you're going to the Academy Awards or something.

• It's hard to beat cheap and whorish.

• Very chic for going out

• Like always.. It depends..

• There's nothing wrong with that dress imo, as long as the setting is NOT a professional setting. :)

• no that's fine. go for it!

• I think there cool.

• No, they are not.

• Some are nice, others show a little too much. If your ass is hanging out then it's hoish, but midway down your back is fine.

• not at all

It's only thrash-y when its so backless that you can see her crack or something

• yea, it is slutty. but this is gag. we only tell people what they want to hear

What Girls Said 12

• Your friend is slut shaming.

• I've never understood why it's so shameful to show your skin. We all have bodies, we all know what they look like, so it puzzles me why we can't all act mature about revealing clothing. There are parts of the world where women can't show anything but their eyes. That sounds ridiculous to us of course. But there are people that think not being able to show your breasts, your back, or a lot of leg sounds ridiculous. So lets just all wear what we want and not worry about other people.

• Usually girls who do that have serious insecurities of their own.

• Depends on how you wear it, but I think they look amazing when put together well.

Love these: link link link link

Alas, I can't wear them :/

• Not at all: they're sexy! That's not the same as slutty.

• No.

Maybe she's just bitter because she has backne or back rolls or lack of confidence to pull it off?

Some backless dresses are so sexy. Dresses tend to showcase the breasts or butt as being sexy, but the beauty of a woman's back is hardly ever showcased as sexy.

• It depends on how much the dress is showing in the front. If there's too much skin being revealed, it can come across as slutty but usually those dresses have full coverage in the front and just some skin revealing in the back, so it can be very sexy and classy.

• I can see why she might think that because it looks like you are wearing no bra and also exposes a lot of skin. I think those type of dresses are cute as long as you don't have extreme back acne and the back plunge doesn't go near your butt crack.

• If it's not backless as well as frontless, it's fine.

• No. At least that one isn't. But who cares? Wear what you want.

• no, depending of the fabric, color ,and style of the dress, I think backless dresses can look quite classy.

• i'm a fan of backless dresses. I guess it depends on how it's down.

• like any other kind of clothing, it can be slutty or really classy. but in general I think they are quite classy

• Depends on how the front is. A plunging neckline or cutouts + backless wouldn't look very classy.