Do guys notice how bad girls are at walking in heels? *Tips for girls walking in heels is included*

Okay, I think that this is a huge issue going on since forever and it really makes me want to shout out to all the girls on here who wear heels without knowing how to walk in them. Yes, I know that heels make your legs and frame look amazing but I think that that image literally poofs away for guys and girls when you start to try to maneuver your way across a room. It looks devastating seeing girls walking like penguins because they simply don't know how to walk in heels. This is why I am going to give some pointers on how to walk in heels:

1. When you buy heels make sure that they actually fit you. When you walk, you shouldn't have to scrunch up your toes to keep the shoe on. Don't buy a shoe just because its beautiful, you have to make sure that it works for you and that it FITS YOU so don't buy them without walking in them. (I have seen so many girls wearing pumps that are too big or shoes where their foot slides out of them)

2. Girls are supposed to walk with their legs as close as possible and pointing towards the front. (I have seen girls whose feet tend to point outwards while walking and girls that walk with a huge space between their legs like men)

3.Walk in a straight line where your leg goes OVER not AROUND your other leg (I see girls popping their hips out left and right which is what happens when you move your legs around instead of over each other). Your heel should fall directly in front of the tip of your shoe. This is how you end up walking in a straight line.

4. Keep your legs as extended as possible. When wearing heels, your legs should be as extended and straight as possible (I have seen a lot of girls walking in heels and bending their knees, it looks like your shoes are killing you and that something is dragging you down).

5. Remember that your heel hits the ground first and then the rest of your foot meets. Some girls look like they are bouncing because they do this the opposite way and end up making a lot of noise when walking

6. Walking in heels properly takes energy and will leave your legs burning like you just came out of the gym. Start small and then work your way up with taller heels. Don't think that just because you wear wedges that these rules don't apply (THEY DO)

7. Keep your shoulders back and tummy tucked in (clenching your abs leads to a flat tummy and the same applies when sitting down). I notice that some girls swing their arms out too far while wearing heels to balance themselves. Your arms should only go up to where your leg would be if it were extended.

8. Practice walking in your heels, keep these tips in mind and take care of your heels (I recommend keeping them in the shoe box)

I hope these tips are helpful and trust me all of this makes a HUGE difference and I'm sure guys will be turning their heads when they see a woman walking confidently and expertly in her beautiful high heels :) Girls, let me know if you would really try to improve your walking skills in heels

Sorry that this is so long but I really, really want to help girls out. To some girls like me, wearing heels makes me feel like superwoman :P and is an immediate confidence booster so I feel like it is super important to throw this out there :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I notice.

If they are young and hot, its endearing, and if they're not hot, its a turn off.

Life's unfair.

What Guys Said 5

• I totally notice!! I notice a great deal at graduations -- girls/women who seemingly have NEVER worn heels a day in their life, seem to go buy the highest pair they can find and try to look smooth walking across a floor, up a stage, across a stage, and back across the floor. I affectionately refer to this as the "drunk, baby giraffe" walk :))

• I don't usually notice unless they are struggling to walk or look unaccustomed to having heels and have that "bat up their ass" strut...

• yeah I've been starting to notice it lately. some girls just can't walk properly in heels. they look like they're gonna fall over and it looks stupid.

• Maybe not if they are bad in heels but personally if a girl is stumbling around, whether it be heels or drunk, its usually a turn off and I would not waste the time to talk to her unless I knew her or had talked to her earlier in the night

• Love it!

But I think this would be more appropriate as an article not a question :P

What Girls Said 4

• I actually needed this, haha. I can't walk in heels to save my life and it sucks. I think it's because the shoes are too big though :(

• You're welcome. I couldn't believe how weird I walked before :S Now I feel so much better and I totally understand. High heels didn't come with a manual on how to be awesome in them ;P

• guys are lucky they don't have to wear heels to look hot

• My mom wouldn't allow my sisters and I to wear heels until we learned how to walk properly in them. She was afraid that we would break our ankles if she let us just go ahead and do whatever we wanted.

• I HATE when I see a girl wearing a cute pair of stilettos or pumps and they bend their damn knees and are arching their backs.

SERIOUSLY

ohmygoodness

It's become a pet peeve of mine in the last couple of months

Heels can make a girl look sexier but it defeats the purpose if you can't walk in them grrr

• I know :) which is why I let the dam burst when I posted this question lol I want girls to look their best in their shoes!

• I'll walk how I please thank you. Either way I'm still fly and still turn heads.

That's right, I see you girls looking salty because I look 10x better teetering on my heels than you do catwalking in yours. Don't be hatin' on my awkwardswag.

• This was only for people who needed help. If you think that you know how and you're an expert then by all means, walk in heels however you want. However, you don't have to be all stuck up about it.

• People here have no sense of humor whatsoever. I would have thought the last sentence would have given away the fact that I was only kidding :\

My point being is that its no big deal really and that guys don't nitpick the way we girls do. If a girl is attractive she's attractive. Besides, everyone has their own way of walking. There doesn't need to be a system or rules.

• I'm sorry but that second and third sentence threw me off which was why I said that. I post this because I hate for girls to spend so much money on their heels and then they don't know how to use them which ends up being a waste. Even more of a waste if guys seem to be turned off by this. I find that there is one perfect way to walk amazingly in your heels.