Why did my girlfriend buy me underwear?

I have been living with my girlfriend for about a month now. The other day, she came home from Target and bought me two packs of Hanes boxers. But, I have always worn briefs and she trashed them all. She says she likes the boxers better on me and I should try them out. But, I was a little offended. Is she turned off by my body or something? She also got me new jeans that are looser. I usually wear skinny jeans. What is she trying to say? I am a little mad that she would do this.

I mean, I pick out stuff for her all the time. But it is always stuff that makes her look and feel sexy. Stuff that I think flatters her. But, I don't through out any of her old stuff. So, why would she get boxers for me that she says is "sexy" but covers me up behind more loose fabric. I don't get the logic.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh dude... I think you should stop trying to change each other altogether, I think she's doing it because your buying stuff for her that YOU think flatters her so she is doing the same thing back to you because she thinks she can because you do it, of course throwing away your underwear was a bit mean, she obviously wants it to stick but if someone tried to do that to me id question our relationship altogether because if they try to change me then id feel like they are not accepting me for who I am and only trying to change me into some imaginary person in their head. I think you should talk to you and ask if it's because you buy her stuff, just maybe I think it's time to stop and just accept each other for who you both are entirely instead of trying to say you both should wear this and that, it's not a good thing believe me on that one as it always ends up bad, we all want someone who can accept us entirely for who we are and can understand us completely just I feel like doing that isn't really accepting each other.

What Girls Said 4

• lol! Maybe she thought those would like better on you and thought it was okay since you know you chosen some items for her and thought it was okay. Maybe she wants to start having kids? Or maybe she thought those are best fitted for you or thought a different style would compliment you better. It was all out of love I'm sure. If you really have a problem with it then tell her.

• You're her bitch now.

• I've heard that briefs and skinny jeans restrict the blood circulation of your manhood, so maybe she is trying to avoid complications in the future. You should talk to her about that.

• She shouldn't have known them away. Tell her how you feel.

What Guys Said 7

• Women are controlling. They do things like this all the time. I dated this one girl who once tossed out all my white undershirts because she didn't like the way I layered my clothing. Another girl I dated tossed away all my socks and made sure I only have white ankle socks to choose from each morning.

• She will keep changing you. And one day she'll say "you are not the person I fell in love with anymore"

• If you let her get to the point where she threw out your stuff without your permission, things are bad.

You need to man up and tell her that kind of stupid behavior is not on.

• You'll survive. My wife did the same thing a few years ago--I've been a briefs guy all my life--but now I love boxers. Wouldn't dream of wearing anything else.

• !wst of all briefs usually look bad on guys or not as good os boxers. Secondly boxers does not constrict the testes which is bad for them.

• She wants to see how much she can get away with before you blow up at her..seems like it's working

• It's actually a good sign. She has decided to make you her project. This will involve lots of minor corrections, and no real hassle to your life.

It'll keep her happy, and it's a sign that she's getting somewhat serious about you.

A word of advise - resist *some* of her suggestions, not all. Keep her guessing. But let the first two or three go by without resistance.