Is damaged hair a turnoff or are you OK with it?

For instance, blond hair is typically considered more attractive so a lot of chicks bleach their hair blond. It might be severely damaged and breaking off, but most guys don't notice right?(girls do of course)

Or curly hair is generally considered unattractive. I know guys stress "being natural" but being naturally typically translates into "straighten your hair so it looks naturally straight" it's not bothersome if it's dry, damaged and breaking off right?

Or a lot of AA women relax their hair and it continuously breaks off to the point of just having short hair...that's not a problem right?

'

Mind you, not all girls who fit these examples have damaged hair, so don't take it personally. But a majority do

Most Helpful Guy

• cant say I have ever really noticed damaged hair so idk

What Guys Said 8

• I don't usually notice bad air, but I'm not one to speak considering my hair has the strength of a thousand herbal essences.

/ruffles hair

• Plenty of us like curly hair, and we DO notice if the blond hair is damaged by bleaching..!

• Not according to the ones who answered lol...which I'm not surprised about. Girls notice, but it's not shocking if a guy doesn't

• I don't even know what damaged hair looks like. So I don't think I would have a problem with it. Do you happen to have a link of damaged hair that you were referring to?

• By damaged I meant hair that's breaking off, rough, dry and frizzy. I guess examples would be: link

link

link

• Well the first link is pretty bad. There's some other ones that are also a bit bad but there definitely never a deal breaker.

• damaged hair = bad brush it with horse brush, don't know exactly what their called but its a brsuh for humans made from horse tail hair

• I don't even know what damaged hair looks like

I googled it and it's not a big deal to me

• LOL...damaged hair is OK with me...

• No, it's not a turn off

• other guy expressed my thought already... I really don't think id even notice if she had damaged hair lol

What Girls Said 1

• well guys do notice,at least the immature teenage guys that I know. they do comment on it and they do mind,but it's not a BIG deal. I love dyed hair,curled hair,straightened hair,and I prefer the look of damaged hair to healthy hair-but probably because I don't look at it attraction-reproduction wise. I've recently dyed my hair blond (after begging my mom for years,she damaged her hair so she doesn't want me to damage mine) and I had to dye it 3 times in 3 days just to look even remotely blond (and I STILL look mostly ginger) and my hair doesn't look damaged,it doesn't have to get damaged if you take care of it-hair masks are gifts of gods. but I wouldn't straighten my hair if I were you-your hair is awesome.

• ha, I only straighten for special occasions because then it's healthier and longer

• yes it is a BIG deal, its ugly and disgusting and easy to fix, its kinda like not brushing your teeth or rather... to use very ugly cloths, its just not ok