Ladies, when a guy says he likes your shoes?

whats the first thing that comes to your mind? do you think he was flirting or what?

Whats the difference between that and saying I like your earrings?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wonder what shoes I'm actually wearing, probably look down to find out. Then I'd say thanks and wonder why he noticed since guys don't usually pay attention to shoes. Depending on a lot of other stuff, I might think he was flirting or I might just think he actually liked my shoes...If he compliments me on my earrings, same kind of deal...If you're actively trying to flirt- it's just best to say "you look nice/pretty today"- that one is pretty clear and I'm flattered even if you're not flirting.

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Girls Said 12

• I always wear cool shoes with designs and stuff like that. So it's not weird for guys to say something.

• I'd wonder how he noticed them because guys are oblivious to most details. And it would also depend on what tone he said it in to me. But I would either think he is gay, or is really trying hard to get my attention without sounding too obvious. That's my take on it!

• Why did he start at the bottom is the rest relly bad and he had nothing else nice to say?

• ''Is he gay?'' - should be the first thing...

• to be honest it would just sound gay to me.

More from Girls
7

What Guys Said 7

• Foot fetish hands down

• Girls are hard to grasp sometimes. We can't say nice boobs or nice face. Picking apart analytically the facial features and body shapes even for a compliment's sake is freaky. Eyes - cliche.

I think it depends on the situation. I don't think we can trust the girls' specific responses here because absent of context, they jump to conclusions.

If the shoes are nice and so are the feet in them (no cankles or toes visibly tortured/deformed from too-small footwear, or bad pedicure), I think most girls don't mind one bit of they receive some recognition. Many girls are mad crazy about their shoes and spend way too much money on them and are very proud of them.

• Word I'd like to know too. I don't just say that just to say it, I say it once in a while if I think they have nice footwear on.

• i would probably think if I was a girl that he has some weird foot fetish.

• Women think that he might not be gay but his boyfriend probably is. link

More from Guys
2