• Ask
  • myTake

Ladies, when a guy says he likes your shoes?

whats the first thing that comes to your mind? do you think he was flirting or what?

Whats the difference between that and saying I like your earrings?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I wonder what shoes I'm actually wearing, probably look down to find out. Then I'd say thanks and wonder why he noticed since guys don't usually pay attention to shoes. Depending on a lot of other stuff, I might think he was flirting or I might just think he actually liked my shoes...If he compliments me on my earrings, same kind of deal...If you're actively trying to flirt- it's just best to say "you look nice/pretty today"- that one is pretty clear and I'm flattered even if you're not flirting.

What Girls Said 12

• I always wear cool shoes with designs and stuff like that. So it's not weird for guys to say something.

• ''Is he gay?'' - should be the first thing...

• To be honest I would think he's gay.

• I'd wonder how he noticed them because guys are oblivious to most details. And it would also depend on what tone he said it in to me. But I would either think he is gay, or is really trying hard to get my attention without sounding too obvious. That's my take on it!

• to be honest it would just sound gay to me.

• Why did he start at the bottom is the rest relly bad and he had nothing else nice to say?

• It's a bit weird...I'd understand if he complimented my dress if it was skimpy or looked good on me, but stuff like earrings, shoes, bracelets, bags, basically accessories is kind of weird.

• Dame he's gay

• I don't like when a guy compliments my clothing.

• well I'd probably say thanks or something, but to me guys or my past boyfriends have only said things like "that shirt looks nice on you""those shoes look good on you""you look really nice" etc, etc rather than saying "I like your (item of clothing)"if he says he personally likes them then it might be kind of weird, but flattering at the same time?

• When you say you like her earrings your just complimenting her taste in jewelery - not really flirting

What Guys Said 7

• Word I'd like to know too. I don't just say that just to say it, I say it once in a while if I think they have nice footwear on.

• i would probably think if I was a girl that he has some weird foot fetish.

• Girls are hard to grasp sometimes. We can't say nice boobs or nice face. Picking apart analytically the facial features and body shapes even for a compliment's sake is freaky. Eyes - cliche.I think it depends on the situation. I don't think we can trust the girls' specific responses here because absent of context, they jump to conclusions.If the shoes are nice and so are the feet in them (no cankles or toes visibly tortured/deformed from too-small footwear, or bad pedicure), I think most girls don't mind one bit of they receive some recognition. Many girls are mad crazy about their shoes and spend way too much money on them and are very proud of them.

• Foot fetish hands down

• Women think that he might not be gay but his boyfriend probably is. link

• It means he probably wants to wear them, along with most of the other stuff in your closet

• I've had that once, didn't think much of itMaybe a girl could enlighten us