My hair looks bad no matter what I do

my face is too ugly and no kind of hairstyle works on it , when I shower its puffy and I can't even do a thing with it . when I don't shower more than a day , it becomes oily and smells bad , what do I do ?

Most Helpful Girl

• well you're supposed to shower everyday, but for hair you shouldn't shampoo everyday or it will strip your scalp and hair will fall out. if you have an odor there, I don't think that's normal, because yea when you don't shampoo more than 2 days hair gets oily but it shouldn't stink. I think you should see a dermatologist it could be bacteria or may be you have an infection, or it could be internal. does your body smell too? are you eating proper foods and drink enough water?

make an appointment with the derm, but for now, you can use tea tree oil shampoo to cleanse your scalp and tea tree oil is anti bacterial naturally. go to sephora too and try the professional shampoos there, living proof is a good brand.

another thing you can do is get a haircut go to salon not just a cheap barber shop, look up reviews on yelp see which places are good, and talk to the hairstylist what's best for you, and what looks good with your face. look at magazines too see which style you prefer bring it to the salon show them that's how you prefer to look.

also watch YouTube videos, lots of men show how they style their hair and what products to use. link

link

• its been like this since I was a kid . I eat good . I don't go to a cheap barber . I do tell them sometimes do whatever they think is good , it turns out ugly on me . I've tried everything (well maybe not those hard to maintain ones ) , I don't think anything works on me .

• show me a picture and may be I can give you advice.

• im kinda ashamed by my face , I can send it in private so I need to add u

What Girls Said 8

• Try making homemade/natural hair products! It's easy & they work better... Normally because they're made of things like coconut oil or you can use coconut milk sometimes... lemon juice.. avocados... egg yolks... honey.. etc.. they make your hair smell great for a long long time! There are other things you can use like "Witch Hazel"... I've read that you can even rinse your hair in beer after shampooing & then rinse it off. It cleans the scalp & gets rid of all of the excess oil. Most all of this sounds very girlie to do, but you can try it & see if it makes a difference. I suggest that you get a Pinterest account & search for homemade hair remedies on there! There are so so many & they get updated everyday! Or you can just google recipes! :)

Here are some I've found off of Pinterest:

link

You said your hair is oily & smells bad.. Do you have problems with dandruff or any other scalp issue? (Eczema?)... I find that those remedies work perfectly to treat that too.

Those homemade treatments you do might also help with the puffiness! Other then that, I suggest you invest in a good flat iron or straightener.. I have no idea what your hair looks like or if you'd even go for a straightener, but yea!

You should update your question with your face shape & what not.. To give us an idea of hairstyles we could advise you on!

• my face shape , big and ugly

• you have to get that "ugly" idea out of your head. when you start loving yourself, everything else will follow.

• no hairstyle works at all , I can add you and show you how no hair works on me , I'm ashamed to show my face in a public forum , but I can send it privately if ud like

• Try a new shampoo and/or a new conditoner/a different conditioner for your hair type. (thick hair, curly hair or frizzy hair,etc., I know girls' shampoos are varied like that. I think guys' shampoos would be too). Or try a new shampoo or conditioner with a different scent.

You could try hair gel, maybe? Or you could spray some cologne?

• what does colognehave to do with hairstyle ? I used to put gel

• here's a trick

You need eggs

Olive oil

a steaming cap

deep conditioner

wash your hair

apply raw eggs to your hair better if you mix it with mayonaise

cover your hair with a steam cap for half hour or longer preferbly under a dryer but if you don't have a dryer that's cool

rinse with deep conditioner

then add leave in condition and let your hair air dry

that should fix you right up

• what does that have to do with hairstyle

• so comments show a personality ?

• do you use conditioner? you could try putting olive or cocunut oil for half an hour to everything but the roots to moisturize you hair, make sure you rinse it well

• I think you should see a dermatologist or change your shampoo. mouse will help it not get puffy.

• its not the shampoo , its same result with about 5 brands . its just my face is too ugly , not even a hairstyle can make it less ugly

• the offend thing was for the previous comment. the facials aren't just for bad things it could moisturize or things like that

• well it could help but my problem is a big nose ,big lips , big ears and ugly facial structure ( unfixable things)

• use olive oil it will give your hair body.

• Hair gel?

• i put gel sometimes , but I stopped after I found out it was very bad and it still didn't make me less ugly

• use conditioner

What Guys Said 5

• Cut it really short, then, and look tough. The only problemis other tough guys will want to pick fights with you.

• Ask a hair stylist for his/her opinion.

• i do every time , then when they do it , it looks bad

• u mean bald ?

• I wouldn't say bald, although you can if you want. I'm more referring to a "buzzcut" type. Like this: link

• If it's too bad, why not get a salon's help?

• Good attitude to have, man.

• what does that have to do with hair ?

• Shave your head.