Do guys really like girls without makeup?

how do guys really feel about girls that aren't wearing any makeup?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Guys *think* they like girls without make-up. However, if they saw a woman with legitimately no make-up on, they would more than likely not be into her. Many women are good at applying make-up to cover flaws yet make it look like they aren't wearing any. However, if they took that make-up off, you would be able to see how they really look.

What guys think is no make-up: link link link

What no make-up actually looks like: link link link link

I think the true statement would be, men prefer women with natural make-up. But they do, in fact, like make-up. Just not when it's caked on the girls face.

• Celebrities really do look like the rest of us without their makeup huh? haha

• great answer

• Thanks Janson! :)

What Guys Said 31

• I LOVE to see women without their make-up... I mean, be washed and clean, but yes, I do actually like this, and here's why:

1. You are "disarmed"; many women "fear" being seen without their makeup

2. Many women believe in the myth that make-up makes them look "sexier", which is not necessarily true.

3. You are MUCH more approachable in your spandex and polo, loafing around than you are in a killer Princess Line dress, all done-up to the nines.

4. You can see HOW much make-up a woman has used in her life - when she isn't wearing it. Does she have pitted (or discolored) cheeks?

5. I prefer to kiss a woman Au Natural - all that caked-on stuff tastes AWFUL. Especially on older woman. Every had to kiss your grandma with 1" of crap on her cheek?

6. And here's another thing: Rouge does look great on your lips - but I prefer pink, if you know what I mean. LOL

• While it looks nice, the girl without make up will be more attractive to a guy because we see her for who she is. In the end, we're gonna see her without make up eventually anyway if we date. So hiding behind insecurities only lasts for so long. You'd be amazed at how many guys are attracted to a simple jeans and T shirt girl.

A lot of girls also overdo makeup and look like clowns. I'm also not a fan over super red lipstick. It's a turn off to me because if I'm gonna make out with her, I'm not gonna want that on my face.

• In my opinion. Only old women should use make up. Make up was invented so older women could look younger again, hence, "make up". So if you are young, you don't need it. That all young girls are beautiful naturally. I will not date a girl again that wears it. You go for a kiss, you get a mouthful of chalky chemicals, you taste it for the rest of the night. Make up on a young girl looks slutish. And blush looks dumb, like Grandma came by and squeezed your cheeks. I am not into fake anything.

And I know I am going to get down votes based on my opinion. To the idiot that does, I give no f***s if you down vote me. You will not change who I am if you do. I have no problem getting laid with my choices, and your down vote is not going to change that or make me cry.

• make up is gross, superficial, toxic, and fake

• So are fake boobs, buttocks, botox (lips), nails, hair (extensions) hair dye, heels, corsettes I could go on.

• and all of that is kind of sh*tty too

• No, I still think a little concealer and smoky eye is perfectly fine.

All guys who say girls shouldn't wear make up haven't seen a girl without any.

They look like zombies.

• Interesting how nearly all guys say "no make up", and most girls say the guys are lying. :oP

The truth is, we don't care that much about make up. I've seen lots of girls in both states--make up or not--and though there is definitely a difference in appearance, make up usually isn't the better of the two.

On the other hand, girls are much more fussy about it themselves, and much more aware of how it influences other girls: from a girl's mind, make up is very important (and so is dressing stylishly). But guys really genuinely don't care (only a tiny bit) about these things, and often don't even notice!

It may be hard to believe, but believe us guys when we say it is so! :o)

• I love my lady exactly the way she is and, in fact, find I'm more attracted to her when she isn't wearing any makeup most times. A little goes a long way and while I personally think a little blush or mascara is pretty, too much makeup can actually make a girl unattractive in my opinion. It's OK to compliment yourself, but don't try to over-embellish or cover up who you are. It's still there and the man you get close to is going to see it eventually.

• Less is more.

A little bit is OK. But when they lay on the foundation, mascara, eye shadow, blush, powder, lip liner...WTF?!

I don't want to be with Dee Snyder or Bozo.

• I always like a little bit of basic makeup. Whether you're already a natural beauty or could use some improvement, I like a little bit of makeup.

• No, they like make up a lot.

They just say they because they feel profound and less shallow.

Look at Tracy Spiridakos (I chose her because she plays her character without make up)

With make up: link

Without make up: link

No trying to be mean, but she looks like an old, anorexic horse without make up and she's only 20 years old.

• If a chick looks hot w/o make-up its because by any definition she was born with the God given gift of being a Natural Beauty...

• i want a girl to wear makeup appropriate to the situation.

very very very few girls look good without any at all. a little foundation & concealer is fine for just normal everyday times. a touch of eye liner/shadow is great for trying to look a little bit nicer. if you're going out at night to a club/bar or want to be noticed do even more.

guys that say no to makeup are kidding themselves. I want a girl to enhance what is there and look even better.

wearing no makeup at all around a guy is only OK if you are long term friends (you have seen each other sick looking awful) or have been in a relationship for a few months and spend the night.

also if you don't want him to think much of your looks (or you) at all, feel free to wear no makeup. it gives us a sense of who you really are on a deeper level and it isn't just about your looks. it shows that you don't care...not in a good way...

• shocked that its only 5 lames here in fantasy land

• Definitely without... for one reason, it keeps my pillows clean ;)

• Depends 100% on the girl. Frankly, some girls need it, but some don't. I've even seen girls who are stunning without makeup, and makeup makes them actually look worse.

• I like girls wearing some makeup. Not a lot but definitely not none at all. But before I get serious with a chick, I toss her in the swimming pool just to see how bad she looks without any makeup on.

• Maybe just a teensy tiny bit of mascara and bamo! Some women have naturally thick and dark eyelashes and don't need it.

• Well, if she's got a pretty face and the choice is between no makeup and too much makeup, no makeup is preferable.

• Some girls don't need make up some do. Some know how to wear it and some don't.

• I hate make up.. I love only natural... all natural..

• Makeup. Most girls don't look good without it honestly. It's a sad fact.

• No we dont. women do it for themselves and insecurites about their appearance. The whole "we have to do it because it is our best way to attract males that pressure us to do it" is a lie.

• Make up should be used for special occasions and never an extreme amount.

• Yes!

• I like a girl to look her best make or no make up. I don't mind make up and I have seen the kind of self esteem changes that the make up can have on a girl. If she can attract more guys then good for her too

As long as she knows that without all that caked up make up she still a 5 then we are all good. Make up is temporary and wearing it every day is not practical. Too many girls think that once they have put on the make up to look like an 8 that their standards can go up with it. Nothing more disappointing to see a naturally 4 who dates 4's who has a make up transformation to an 8 and now has the arrogance to say those 4's are no longer welcome

• Some girls are good with out make-up but some don't honesty it depends.

• couldn't care less to be honest. Last girl I was with actually looked like a completely different person with full makeup. With out it, I was still attracted to her. Some girls I don't even notice if they're wearing it. Just show me your true self, why do you want to look like someone else? Waste of time, money and it usually makes you look worse. I always thought women put on makeup for other women.

• No make up is almost always better. I'm actually usually attracted to girls who don't wear it. They usually say its mostly because they don't feel like it or have time for it, and I personally hope they never do.

Aside from my personal preference, makeup is also bad for the skin.

A lot of guys probably do like it, but it's probably mostly due to it having become the norm. Besides, a guy's opinion on something like that shouldn't really matter. I personally think girls should be liked for who they are, nothing more--no need to put on a mask of make up.

• Well, obviously natural beauties look best without make up on. On other girls. natural looking, complimentary makeup is best, natural colors that enhance your natural look. I just don't like too much makeup on a girl, far too many girls wear far too much, especially around the eyes.

• There is nothing sexier than a woman without makeup. I strongly prefer the natural look.

• i have no idea. I never see women with and without makeup so I have nothing to compare it to

• You never see women at all :-O Where do you live? :-)

• I meant I never see the same woman with make up on and then see her without make up on to see the difference

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 9

• Do guys really like girls without makeup?

I find they like pretty gals without makeup so if you're not naturally pretty without makeup then likely they do not really like gals without makeup as when they are thinking 'without makeup' it tends to mean no really obvious caked on makeup.

I find guys generally don't know when a gal isn't wearing any makeup as a lot of times what they consider natural is actually a gal wearing makeup that is nude or light.

• I constantly hear from my boyfriend that I look so much better without makeup on. I mostly wear makeup for work or special occasions but when I send him a picture of my face all done up or just ask him in person he says it looks okay but you don't need it. He doesn't think I should waste my money on it and that I never need any kind of makeup. I don't even wear that much makeup.

Most girls I know wear a lot of makeup, but I usually hear comments about it. I think a guy that truly admires the beauty of a woman doesn't think she needs makeup to look beautiful. There is no problem with makeup but the less the better sometimes.

• If she's pretty, yes

At face value, they claim to dislike it and hate it. In reality, the attractive girl who's wearing makeup is the girl they're interested in moreso than the "natural" girl who is average or below average.

• Wrong.

• Retarded example, of course a guy will choose an attractive girl with make up over an average girl, but the make up is NOT the important difference. If they are equally attractive then the importance of the make up is dependent on whether it suits the occasion (club vs workplace).

• Most girls aren't attractive without makeup :)

• Guys confuse "no makeup" with "natural looking makeup" the former is what they think they like, the latter is what they like.

Basically, just don't go crazy with colored eyeshadows or bright lipsticks. Use nice earthy tones and even out your complexion. Honestly, it is the most attractive way to look.

• link

Some women really need it. I've also noticed that the more makeup a girl uses the more odd she looks without it. But I know a few girls that don't wear makeup and are beautiful.

• lol those are more like "photos of women before and after p*rnstar-esque makeup".

I believe the first onces are actually p*rnstars, I saw them in this photo collection where they show p*rn stars without makeup, to show that beneath all that slutty makeup, they're just ordinary people you see everyday at the grocery shop.

• Porn p*rn p*rn p*rn p*rn p*rn p*rn

• Guys want a girl to look amazing without makeup which isn't usually possible. Lots of guys think some girls don't wear makeup when really they're just wearing matching sheer foundation and soft eyeliner and mascara.

• I find it hard to believe too if a guy say he prefer no make up. Most girls need bit to look better. If the girl have heavy eye bag and dark circles ...too light eyebrows etc I doubt the guys would be attracted to her. We know the first attraction is based on physical look.

• They say they don't but I find it hard it to believe lol.

• I don't wear it , I don't like it

I only wear it for formal events like I did for prom or when I was a bridesmaid at my aunts wedding