What's the difference when a girl says a guy is cute versus hot.

To me when I hear cute I think oh she's probably just being nice. Do they have a different meaning cute versus hot?

Most Helpful Girl

• The only time I hear girls using 'hot' is when they're talking about a guy that's basically eye candy that they don't really know. I rarely ever use it.

I think 'cute' is a lot more meaningful, at least the way I use it. I guess I use 'cute' for a guy the same way that a guy uses 'hot' for a girl.

It just feels weird saying hot or sexy (I honestly have never called anyone that). Cute is just what pops into my head when someone's attractive, or 'gorgeous' if the guy is really mind-blowingly attractive lol :]

What Girls Said 12

• Cute can mean good-looking, good personality, smart, funny, and quirky. Its a combination of some of these things and what the combination is varies depending on the guy. We will sometimes call hot guys cute because we don't want them to get all cocky and make them think they are gods gift to women. Some girls will think a guy is cute and then another girl will think the same guy is hot. The line between cute and hot is extremely thin. When we like a guy who we think is cute, he becomes the hottest thing around in our eyes. Generally when we call a guy hot, its when we first see him beause his looks are so amazing that all we think about at first is doing physical things with him.

• cute is someone I can see as a potential boyfriend or he seems really huggable lol

hot is someone who's sexy. and that's about it.

• Personally, when I say a guy is cute it means a hell of a lot more than when I say he is hot. When I say a guy is hot, it is a knee jerk reaction and I am just physically attracted to him without really having any interest in getting to know him on any other level than physical.

When I say a guy is cute, I am looking with more than my eyes. I am not only physically attracted to him, but I believe there may be more between us. Guys who are hot tend to be generic looking to me. Cute guys have little unique things to admire.

• I totally agree! Cute means I'm attracted to him for more than just his appearance.

• Well, I rarely ever say guys are hot. I just find it weird for some reason. If I like a guy and think he's cute. . .then he's obviously cute. If I see a physically fit guy walking around with no shirt on, I'll either say he's "visually appealing" or hot. But in that case, it's pretty much just physical.

• hot is more sexual and very appealing muscularity, more like a sexual partner

if she says cute is she would giggle whenever she thinks about you, you make her feel good. then she is most likely like you, like you as who you are, not because you are hot.

• Well maybe we say cute, because sometimes saying "you're hot", may come across the wrong way, maybe the guy will think you want to sleep with him (trust me I know it) I mean it just sound slutt-y sometimes, most of the times, so that's why most of girl use the word CUTE, it's less harmful for everybody

• Cute for me implies I like his looks and personality. I rarely use the word hot, if I did use it, it would mean I thought he was really physically attractive. This goes for most of my friends as well, they will call their boyfriends cute and guys on the street who are attractive hot. Cute in my opinion is the better compliment.

• I never used the word hot to describe a guy, or anything for that matter, unless I'm talking about temperature. Something about saying it makes me feel awkward, and I just don't like using it. When I say a guy is cute, it means I find him to be attractive both physically and personality wise. I think the word cute is a much better compliment than hot. I love being called cute by other guys, but I don't like it when they call me hot so much. Something about the word hot just seems so... shallow.

• Haha, well acttually, for me, cute and hot can mean the same thing... it's depends on how I say it lol. =}

• Why do you guys think that when we say cute it means nothing? It mean something, we think your cute, hot, sexy. We just use cute instead of all those other words. It's a compliment

• hot is sexual, cute is potential boyfriend.

• I don't like "hot" guys. They tend to be egotistical assholes. It is much better to be cute in my book.

What Guys Said 0