What do you think about bikini bridges?

I learned a new term today. This is a picture of a bikini bridge, where the girl's hip bones protrude farther than her stomach does.

link

I have mixed feelings about it. I love the way a fit healthy girl looks, but there's a point where she starts looking too thin.

• God that's the sexiest thing!
  • WTF? How can people be so flippin shallow?
I guess I have to say they're kind of sexy after further thought. Not because she's Uber skinny, but because you can almost sort of see her naughty bits even though she's clothed (not much, but it counts). Sort of like a down the blouse glimpse of tatas. The little boy in me votes yes for unintentional naughty bit observatories. The man in me says she's so skinny I'd be afraid of breaking her. :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• I googled it and I am only pulling up photos of very thin/slender women.

Apparently if someone is overweight there is no way you can see anything protruding.

It is only visible in women that are underweight.

It's a feature that doesn't really bother me and yes in some cases it can

cause the person to look too thin.

What Girls Said 11

• I just heard about this today too. I think it's better than the thigh gap. Loads of girls have a bikini bridge when they lie down. Some even standing. It's far more attainable than the thigh gap where it pretty much depends on your build rather than fat levels. On the flip side fat is more likely to be displaced when lying down than muscle so it's a bit misleading. Either way I don't like these measures that teenage girls follow for "perfection", at least this one gives them better odds even if they are carrying a little weight.

For me I don't like my bikini bridge. I always put my ipod on my bridge so nobody can see down my pants.

• I'm pretty much the same as you on this 1

• I have them and I have tried getting rid of them but I cant. Just because you have them does not mean you are unhealthy or too thin.

• Same thing with thigh gaps. I don't care for them really, I just feel neutral about it. If you happen to have either I don't think it makes you even more or less attractive. You can't really help if you have it to begin with and I don't think there's much you can do other than gain weight to try to conceal it, but that's besides the fact.

• am not underweight have a BMI of 19 :) and I got that it just depends were your body stores your fat. Ofcourse you have degrees some girls are anorectic others are just slim :)

• I don't think it's disgusting, but it's certainly not sexy. It shows that you're underweight and not in a very aesthetically pleasing way.

• I voted B but I don't think it's disgusting or anything. I would rather look the way I look now than to look skinny enough to have a "bikini bridge" though.

• some do look slightly disturbing link link anyway who am I to judge anyway? I'm sure a lot of people don't like my body type and would prefer that. We all have different tastes.

• when you're lying on your back, gravity makes your tummy sink in. it looks like that on most.

• Yuck

• She is wearing her bikini wrong LOL...this is so ridiculous. Why do people obsess about non-sense.

• From the answers here, I'm guessing the GAG folks aren't exactly obsessing. :D

• I'm neither here nor there with it

• I have that. It helps to get bikini bottoms that sit higher one the hips.

I don't think its sexy or ugly. Its a very small detail that goes unnoticed for a reason.

What Guys Said 3

• I seen a story elsewhere about this calling it the "thigh gap" of 2014. I didn't read much of it as like with the thigh gap, I thought "Really?!" Makes me wonder who starts turning this stuff into a trend or fashion statement.

I have a variation of what I find attractive in a lady. I think a girl who fits into a hug nice, but I also find the idea of a fit woman nice. I'd think that neither woman would have a bridge (sounds weird saying that). So I'm going with the notion that girls who have these probably are going to be too thin.

On a related note I've rarely seen girls in bikini's so I doubt I'd be like "Hey, lay down and lemme see your bridge clearance!" :P

• I just learned about this the other day too.

I think it's really sexy to have a little gap either side, but not to be so thin that the bikini doesn't even touch your stomach - although I'm sure it's possible for some women to have bikini bridges without being underweight at all, depending on their bone structure.

• not very attractive to me