Guys: What do you find more attractive? Blonde or Brunette?

Wondering is guys like girls with blonde hair or brunette hair. Mine is in between and I kinda want to dye my hair. Wondering if I should or should not.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 45

• Hehe, I love this question, because I'm SO strongly opinionated on it.

Personally I like everything *except* blondes. There have been exceptions, but extremely rare.

Basically, what turns me on about a woman's hair is how much it shows her independence and not caring about looks... Like, how do I explain it? If a girl looks hot, but at the same time looks like she doesn't care about being hot? WOW, then she's a mega turn-on :) Its a tricky effect.

Blonde usually associates me with her trying to look hot, so that's an instant turn off to me. As is straightened/ironed hair. The more individual/wacky a girl's hairstyle, the hotter she is to me. I have met blondes that have been attracted to, but usually were amazing in all other areas, so the hair was an add-on.

If its her natural hair color + wacky hair === Turn on

Redhair = turn on (coz no one really has that kind of super-red-hair like the dye)

I've never met a girl that dyes her hair red that wasn't super fun or individualistic/nonconformist. Redheads are hot! So are (natural) brunettes with a cool hairstyle that DOES NOT look like the hairstyles in cosmo. If you can't find the hairstyle in cosmo, it turns me on.

• lol tsk tsk tsk

The right answer should be what do YOU want it to be. Be you. I don't care what your hair color is. You want a guy to look into your eyes; not your hair. I know, I know, girls think a lot about what other people think of them, it's female human nature. What makes you happy? Go for that.

"There's no point in judging a girl on the outside, she will slip through my fingers."

-MaxPrime

• I prefer women with black hair, brown skin, and brown eyes. However, if I were to date a light-skinned woman, I would still prefer black hair. Not a fan of either blonde or brunette hair.

• brunette .

i don't like blondes at all

• Dont die it. I mean the short answer to your question is Brunettes. Blondes tease brunettes please. Blondes tend to have a chip on their shoulders It helps that Brunettes are like 92% of all women in the world. Team brunettes got a huge pool of sexiness. It also helps that I am brunette. Don't die it though. I really like in between blonde and light brown. Its very common in Russian woman. In fact I think very few blondes don't have a little brown. Even though my hair is very dark I have always had some red in there. I wouldn't dye my hair though it would look wierd

• Dont die it. I mean the short answer to your question id Brunettes. Blondes tease brunettes tease. It helps that Brunettes are like 90% of all women in the world. Team brunettes got a huge pool of sexiness. It also helps that I am brunette. Don't die it though. I really like in between blonde and light brown. Its very common in Russian woman. In fact I think very few blondes don't have a little brown. Even though my hair is very dark I have always had some red in there. I wouldn't dye my hair though it would look wierd

• Heh, oh boy. I guess nobody has ever met anyone like me before... but I'm not particularly fond of blond hair. Any girl I see with blond hair I count it as a physical turn off on my mental checklist. I'm not hating, its just not my thing. I prefer natural red first and foremost then black then weird colors.

• No most of us think blondes really are dumb, or at least they act that way so much of the time because they think guys will think they're sexy.

If you want to be treated like you're dumb, then dye your hair.

Unless they're French, or Norwegian.then we think they're smart AND sexy.

• Okay, just because you are blonde doesn't mean you make an assumption that she is stupid. What??!?! That sure makes me feel good.

• Well, I hate to say it but a lot of blondes..of course probably most of them are NOT natural blondes at all...ACT pretty dumb.

I think as I said it's because theythink guys will find that sexy..they're probably not really that dumb.

But that's guys' general feeling about them. Ask any guy...of course some will know it's not politically correct to say...but most will still tell you this

• I prefer straight hair and have been very attracted straight hair blonds. However, I've always somehow known that who ever I was going to find to love forever was going to be a brunette. She is and does have straight hair. I couldn't be happier. My answer is brunette.

• You're trying to conceive yourself. Blonde is my least favorite.

• No, I'm just saying you see in movies; popular girls in school, or whatever

there usually blonde, so chill. and great good for u!! first guy I know

• I think you must mean "deceive". ;)

• Tcheyenne53195 - I'm not the only guy you know who feels the same. To say every guy loves a blonde is by far a large stretch.

Rainbows - I'm embarrassed I let that one slip. Thanks for pointing it out :)

• I myself prefer a brunette I think there is just somthing about them that is way hotter than blondes just me though

• Personally I would like to give a blonde a go but probably because my wife is brunette and men always want what they can't have...like my sister in law is blonde but I wants never gets.

In your case you want advice what colour to change to but without seeing you how can we say, blonde or brunette either way may or may not suit you, it varies from person to person.

3 months ago, I will assume you chose but next time try using one wash dyes and you can give them a day each and see what people think suits you more.

• I prefer brunettes more than blond. That doesn't mean that women don't look attractive as a blond because there's some very beautiful blonds out there. Granted many guys will go for the blond, but brunettes have always been what appeals to me most.

• Do you want to know what I really find attractive? Confidence.

Don't listen to the media, looks can spart initial attraction but a great outlook will KEEP a guy interested. If you're looking for a couple minutes of attention I'd say refer to google for surveys but otherwise, the most attractive thing in a woman to most men is how sure of herself she is.

Confidence is contangeous and so is not having confidence.

• I'm gonna be the minority here and say black hair is the best. I don't like goth or emo girls, but I do find black hair to be VERY attractive.

• dark brunette

• I think it's a matter of blondes standing out in a crowd.

I grew up in Holland, where well over 60% of the population is blond. The most popular girls in school and college were always the ones with raven-black hair, to the extent that I knew many blondes who dyed their hair black!

Now I live in a country where there are almost no natural blondes and I see all the blondes getting the attention. Heck, I've found myself more interested in blondes than I was before when I was surrounded by them!

Hope this helps!

• well hair color hardly has anything to do with it, IMO, but in my mind, I picture brunettes as more attractive.

i find that blondes all look pretty similar, seeing as they're usually from the same part of the world, and that fake blondes never look as good. =\

• Black hair is my favorite.

• brunettes are always sexier...b/c pop culture has conditioned girls to think blonde is better and many girls dye their hair blonde.

Be unique and just be yourself...with so many fish in the sea, you need to set yourself apart in someway.

Keep your natural hair color...natural is better.

• Exactly.

That's also the reason why I like natural-haired girls... Because it shows they're not affected by the media. And a girl not being a drone is SO sexy.

• I don't have a favorite. I'm blond so I like my hair but I can't base my likelyhood on hair color. It doesn't mean that much to me.

• I don't know what the statistics are.. But it really depends on a person's background, and who is around with..

Me personally I favor brown hair colored women more than blondes.. But that's just me.

• You changed your hair because of a slogan? Anyways I like black hair the best.

• lol No, I changed my hair simply because its different fo are me; I was born blond and my hair naturally got darker over the years so I decided to switch things up a bit again. I'm not one to follow fads, I do what I feel would be fun or different :P

• Natalie Portman, Eva Longoria Parker, Megan Fox...

Are you sure guys prefer blondes?

• I really don't prefer one over the other. My last crush was a blond, my current one is a brunette.

• I really like the sandy natural look. The in between salt and pepper hair is probally the best in my mind but I don't know I just like it natural

• Blonde

• It depends, like the girl in the picture is cute and blonde, but really most any hair colors attractive to me except black, and platinum unnatural blonde which makes girls look like skanks. I really like kind of the auburn or strawberry blonde color, but I'll take anything except black, or platinum blonde, and only die your hair if you really want to, don't just do it to attract guys because more than likely your pretty the way you are.

• dark brunette!

• I have a thing for brunettes.

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 18

• Everyone has different likes and dislikes. Every guy I've dated has loved the brunette thing, and I have guy friends that will only date redheads. To be honest, none of my guy friends are dating or married to blondes.

Of course, that could just reinforce what you said too. I've noticed that most of my blonde friends are a little crazier and a little more into the nightlife, but I've also noticed that they go through men like underwear, or really, men go through them like underwear. Men like a girl that will play, but most of the time won't marry one.

• I don't think hair colour (blonde) says that you are going to be crazy.

• I don't hair color says you are going to be crazy. I just noted that out of my friends, the blondes are the crazy ones. That is a select group of people. I know blondes (two in my family) that aren't crazy.

• That's not even remotely true. Most guys prefer brunettes. There are a zillion questions here with answers that will support this.

Guys preferring blondes is just a retarded stereotype that started decades ago.

• brunettes is actually the most common favorite. it's a hollywood stereotype that "gentlemen prefer blondes". it's each to their own. but I can almost guarantee that for every guy you see who favors blondes, you'll find 2 who prefer redheads and 4 or 5 who prefer dark hair.

• I've never heard of someone assuming all blondes have great personalities and girls with any other hair colour don't.

If anything, dark hair makes your features stand out more so if you're reaaaally good looking you'll look superfine with dark or red hair and just attractive with blonde hair because it all blends more.

Most guys I know prefer dark hair or don't care and like dark, blonde and redheads. I definitely don't think blondes look more crazy or outgoing. Dark hair stands out more if you have relatively light skin so those people stand out more than blondes - sorry to burst your bubble.

The majority of female celebrities who rank highly on those 'sexiest women' lists have dark hair - Alessandra Ambrosio, Adriana Lima, Megan Fox, Natalie Portman, Angelina Jolie, etc.

You cite 'popular girls' in teen movies as an example of how hot girls are always blonde, but have you ever noticed how those girls are almost always portrayed negatively and are stupid, superficial, bitchy and think they're a lot hotter than they are? Or did that one pass right over your head?

• That's like asking do girls prefer brunettes. It just depends on the guy. Some guys love dark hair but some are into light hair. There are more than looks so once a guy gets to know you then it's all pretty fair.

• what about red heads or dark haired girls?

• BLONDES ARE WAY MORE ATTRACTIVE THAN ANY OTHER HAIR COLOR. blondes look more femine. and the answers I saw on brunettes, is really surprising, I can't imagine what the guys luk like sayin dat. brunettes are blah. and black hair is too dark for girls and black hair in my opinion looks so damn sexy on men of courz I'm only around black hair men because I live in mexico. blondes have always been #1 and will always be #1. I know a lot of gringos are going to deny diz, but they are wrong, blondes hav more fun and da majority of men love blondes.

• i'm a natural blonde, but my hair kinda went a strange colour, like dishwater blonde, and I decided to dye it. I went blonder, and it looked fine, but having to maintain dyed blonde hair is a pain in the ass. I made the radical decision to go brown, and I'm loving it, it looks shinier, healthier and so much more natural. but it's all down to you and what you're comfortable with. good luck with your decision! :)

• REDHEADS! WERE UNIQUE!

• It's down to the individual, some things just won't suit certain people. I think you look better as a brunette,the mid tone brown suits your complexion and makes your eyes stand out.

• im a blonde and damn proud of it! Brunettes are really pretty, and I know the answers weren't meant to be offensive(hopefully), but the one from 1FastFC kind of hurt my feelings!

• Lol, seriously? Why would it hurt your feelings that not every single person on the planet is attracted to your exact type?

He didn't say something like "all blondes are stupid". Just said that he *personally* is not attracted to blondes. Seriously, if that offends you, then you need to look into that issue. If you are you REAL you, then it wouldn't make an impact on you.

Do YOU like yourself as a blonde or are you just being who think people want you to be?

• I don't have to be liked by everyone I just prefer to, and he said it in a way where it could be offensive.

• I agree, he could have said it nicer. [im a blonde, btw :P]

but I hate nothing more than people saying blondes are stupid and zombies of the media. not like we can actually control our hair color.

• Ya I don't know what is up with that either. Beats me.

• I don't see how a guy would like a girl like you, blond or not. your personality sucks...

• Woahhhhh ok, uhh you obviously don't know me? I didn't say that spacificly and I didn't say I agreee I was jw! why do all you girls have to be b****s about everything you need to back off.

• Well when you say blonds are always more attractive you would be wrong.

• I've noticed guys are more attracted to brunettes but that's just how I've seen it

• What the hell makes you think that? Whatever.

• I agree I don't think blondes are necesarily more attractive. ultimatly its about the person as a whole.

• haha I loved reading this becuase I just bleached my hair from black to blonde :P

• Honestly I think people shouldn't go for how a girl\guy looks like u should go for what makes u happy so don't try so hard u will find the one soon enough

• They like both.