How long do guys wait to text a girl?

Long story short, after talking for a long time I made out with a guy I met recently while at a party at his friend's house. Beforehand when we were... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I always text within minutes... with something like "You made my night! Ha! Thx ~ Robby"

That way she's not going to forget who I am, cause by the next day I might be a foggy memory.

I think most guys will text within 2 days.

Any guy that purposely waits 3 days is a lost cause. He's either playing games, or he's got better things to do. I'd suggest moving on, asap. I tell my guy friends this exact same thing.

Not every guy is going to be "the one" so why waist time on a guy who's not that into you?

Best of luck!

~ Robby

• but if he texts you within the hour, how many days would have to go by before he texts you AGAIN? This is my problem, we talked that same night and it's been 48 hours since. Does the fact that we made out have anything to do with his loss of interest? Or is 2 days normal?

• When you're first starting to get to know someone it's hard to know what they're regular texting patterns are. 2 days between text's is pretty normal. I don't hear from best friends for a week at a time sometimes. It all depends on the person. When in doubt, text him something cute on day three... something that reminds him that you're fun, and tells him that you haven't forgotten he exists.

Even if it's just a photo from the mall, like a creepy mannequin... something that might make him laugh. Keep your text short and random, I think that's key. This way if he doesn't respond, that's your answer... he's moved on.

And that's okay!

:D