How long do guys wait to text a girl?

Long story short, after talking for a long time I made out with a guy I met recently while at a party at his friend's house. Beforehand when we were talking he was asking me a lot of questions about myself and sounded interested and he came onto me. When we departed, he asked for my number. About how long would a guy wait to text or call a girl, if at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• I always text within minutes... with something like "You made my night! Ha! Thx ~ Robby"

That way she's not going to forget who I am, cause by the next day I might be a foggy memory.

I think most guys will text within 2 days.

Any guy that purposely waits 3 days is a lost cause. He's either playing games, or he's got better things to do. I'd suggest moving on, asap. I tell my guy friends this exact same thing.

Not every guy is going to be "the one" so why waist time on a guy who's not that into you?

Best of luck!

~ Robby

• but if he texts you within the hour, how many days would have to go by before he texts you AGAIN? This is my problem, we talked that same night and it's been 48 hours since. Does the fact that we made out have anything to do with his loss of interest? Or is 2 days normal?

• When you're first starting to get to know someone it's hard to know what they're regular texting patterns are. 2 days between text's is pretty normal. I don't hear from best friends for a week at a time sometimes. It all depends on the person. When in doubt, text him something cute on day three... something that reminds him that you're fun, and tells him that you haven't forgotten he exists.

Even if it's just a photo from the mall, like a creepy mannequin... something that might make him laugh. Keep your text short and random, I think that's key. This way if he doesn't respond, that's your answer... he's moved on.

And that's okay!

:D

What Guys Said 29

• The next time he is bored, and horny, it will quite possibly occur too him to give you a call. That could be minutes from now or a month from now, assuming he did not lose your number.

• Everyone is different I txt that night while I'm still fresh in her memory. Just something casual like had a fun time or your friends are great it was nice meeting you. Then I would call in a day or two to set up a date or invite her to another get together.

• If I got a girls number, I would probably Text her the very next day in the morning and "Morning Beautiful"

But that's just me. I assume if a guy is into you a lot, he'll text you the next day.

However for calling, maybe not until he's free so he can ask if you want to go out/hang out.

And that could vary to how long he has till he's free.

• Well you see there is a window that is correct to send it during. If you send it too soon that would make him some desperate or that he will just cling to you. He would not want you to get that idea. If he takes to long though then he is not interested. If you are that worried you can always text him.

• Always remember this (guys & girls): If the person wants something to happen, they'll make it happen. Having said that, everything dealing with the opposite sex is a give and take...if he doesn't text you, say for 2-3 days in a row, text him first (I personally hate it when girls play mind games and make you wait). It's all about compromise (unless he's just being an asshole and trying to boost his ego by leading you on---in this case ignore his worthless ass).

• i dont.

if i want to text her then I will.

• If he is not a complete fucktard he is going to text or call as soon as possible. All this shit I see posted from young people about waiting XX time to reply? WTF?
    why do people play games.

• I don't know, it depends, a few hours may be.

• If he is a mature adult, he should call you within two days. If he is playing games, longer. If he is playing games, protect your heart.

Good Luck,

James

• umm, sounds like he asked for it as his booty call girl...you made out with him right as you met him, that means every time he calls/texts you he's gonna be looking for action

for me, when I like a girl ask the number and get it, I like what's called the "2 day rule" meaning I get the number, wait a day (24 hours) plus another 12 up till the time that she originally gave it to me, that way, weve both had time to think about if we're actually gonna make the call/text, and or in your case pick up or reply...if you do it too soon, it comes off as being too needy, and you don't even know what his real intentions are, or yours for that matter... but if he does it couple weeks after, you're gonna start to think, well was it just a fluke, is he ever gonna call?

you get what I'm saying, so yeah, I dk if he's thinking the same way as me, but I know that's what id do, if I were him.

• three days is the standard or straightaway with stupid jokes if you got enough rapport to handle it. if you got his number give him a prod - hey I met a really nice guy the other day and he never even called me. wimp! x - and leave it forever. if he don't like you nothings lost and if he's shy hell appologise - game you. if he gets funny tell him - woh I dodged a bullet there! and drop contact.

• There is no particular duration in which guy give you a call its all depends upon how much he interested in you and how good your chemistery with him till now...

• If they are interested they will make time to text you.. some guys just want to be players and think they are smooth by doing so when it just confuses girls smh

• if something happened or we talked a lot and decided to go somewhere probably next day , if i dont really know her or she's just some girl i know... maybe months

• Depends on the guy, some text instantly
    Some are just busy
    Some are just lazy

• Sometimes I wait a few days to see if she's interested and wait on her to text back! I mean I know she is, lol but I want to see if she really is! Hope that helps

• There is no rule about it. We can text in some minutes, three days later, a week later, a month later or never again.

• I have decided to never text a response other than to say 'call me if you want to communicate'

• it all depends on how your chat went , if a girl likes a guy the girl should ask for his number instead of beating around the bush.

• next day if she has nice curves.

• Depends how busy he is with his girlfriend.

• When I feel like it

• i will text them if i know them and am exptecting them to text

• until i feel like it?

• with in two days...100%

• till she text me.

• I'd call the next day.

• They'll be nervous cos of societal pressures. Best thing is to TEXT HIM. That is so much better and refreshing. And guys love girls who actually initiate and make it a two way thing.

• next few days to a week is usually the norm, 2 weeks is stretching it. Do not call him. He will call if he is interested.

on another note I got a number the other day after dancing with a girl in a club hardly even said a word to her so I don't really have much to go on other than if I decode to go our dancing again and see if she is keen on meeting up...

What Girls Said 10

• It All Depends on the Guy and Some who may Really want to Try... Either that night or even the next Day to say "Hey," or Some may even Wait, Late, when wanting A... Date.
    However, You have more to fear, dear, if you don't Hear Back... That would be whack.
    Good luck. xx

• one guy asked for my number before and he texted me as soon at h left he party,

another guy asked for it and texted over a week later,

it really just depends.

• Eh just text and if he doesn't than move on!

• Agree to met a guy for the first time. We agree on a date he compliments me listen when I'm talking agree on certain things. He reschedule date and share that he wants to meet on another date and please ask to see him coz he likes me. Was this. A test...

• it really depends on the guy, the last guy that asked for my number called about 2wks later...he turned out to be pretty immature.

• Half the time my boyfriend don't respond to my text, he prefers facebook messaging. XD And sometimes he ignores those.

• i dunno but he probably forgot

• ages

• Well it depends on who they are. If he was really interested in you he would text almost immediately, or he could forget and maybe only remember later on. There are a lot of things that could play a part in when he'll text. He may even not like texting at all and don't know what exactly to say to if he calls, or he might not like being on his phone and would rather wait till a later stage, when he sees you again, to talk and then only he might text. Or he just is not interested and was only looking for a hook-up or something.

• I've had text/call right after getting it, later on that night, or the next morning/day...never later than that