Girls, do you like if a guy compliments your toenails?

I met a really hot girl in the elevator on my way to my apartment today. I think she just moved in. Anyway... I saw her and froze up. I tried to stay cool and calm, but all that came out of my mouth was "I like your toe nails." I really did like them... but, I was wondering if it came off creepy or weird. She just said "oh, thank you! I worked hard on them."

So, girls, what do you think? Is it cool when a guy compliments your toe nails, or creepy?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its original I'll give you that much. It wouldn't creep me out but probably actually make me smile a little because its not the same generic line every woman hears. If I worked hard on them and made an effort then I'd want them to be noticed, otherwise what's the point, its like women getting their hair done and then giving out if their s.o doesn't notice. To me it shows you pay attention to the little details

What Girls Said 11

• You came off creepy

• Apply the theory of relativity...

Your compliment is good/bad, cute/confusing, etc. only based on the context of when, where, and how you said it, the sort of girl she is and the sort of guy you are.

Guys tend to freeze and say the funniest little things. Girls either stand there and wonder, think your creepy, or are aware that guys tend to experience brain freeze when in contact with slushies and hot girls. Which one is she. Only one way to find out, and that's to chat her up a little more. After all, it IS the neighborly thing to do. ;)

Complimenting her toe nails can tell her a few things. You're a foot fetishist (with a "note to self" to carry pepper spray), you're shy and had to look down at her feet (thereby noticing the toesies), you're smart enough not to fumble and say, "Nice boobs -- I mean shirt!" If you have the whole shy guy look going for you, you're pretty much safe. If you seem more like the confident guy who suddenly got brain freeze... Well, just try not to compliment her toes/shoes next time. ;)

You did fine. It's not you, it's the species. Besides, maybe she HAS adorable toes and works hard to keep them that way! Just remember to breathe evenly when she's around.

• Totally creepy. I prob would have busted out laughing. That was your 1st interaction w her? Yikes. I would have just smiled introduced myself and asked her name, etc. Compliments are nice but complimenting her toenails was a little random.

• Not creepy, just a little bit strange.

• I would probably find it a little strange if a random guy started complimenting my toe nails or feet. I mean sure it's nice to be complimented but I would try complimenting her hair or her perfume (if you notice she's wearing perfume that is) and eye contact is key.

Hope this helps :)

• Okay. Maybe next time I see her I will try again. Just wanted to know if I ruined any chance I had. lol.

• I think you still have a chance. If she had completely ignored you then I would say forget it but she didn't so next time try to be a bit more confident and if you like her ask her out :)

More from Girls
6

What Guys Said 0