Non verbal signals of attraction???

What are a few non verbal signals and sign that shows a guy is into you aside from saying it.

Most Helpful Guy

• For most guys, it's that they're paying lots of extra attention to you in some way.

- He smiles at you.

- He stares at you all the time, even if he turns away when you look so he doesn't get "caught."

- He goes out of his way to talk to you, even crossing the room to do so.

- He tries to stay physically close to you; sitting next to you, standing beside you, etc.

- He touches you (hand/arm/shoulder/small-of-back, etc.) when he usually doesn't with people.

- He does things for you: gets you coffee, carries in your groceries, buys or makes you things, etc.

Some guys are too shy to do much more than stare, but it shouldn't be too hard to tell that they're paying you noticeably more attention than they pay to other people, especially other girls.

Now, what's even more important for you to know is that they are doing all of this so that you'll notice that he's interested in you, and what HE is looking for is some indications from YOU that YOU are interested in HIM.

- Do you smile back?

- Do you go out of your way to talk to him or include him in conversations?

- Do you get physically close to him, or touch him?

- Etc.

Guys who are giving you "non-verbal signs of attraction" are guys who aren't bold enough just to come right out and ask you out, or to verbalize their attraction for you, so they are trying to tell you, non-verbally, that "hey, I like you." If you don't give them a positive response, either verbally or through your own actions and body language, then the guy will assume that you aren't interested, and he'll never make a move and will probably just fade away before too long.

From the guy's point of view, he doesn't want to risk outright rejection, so he's "testing the waters" to see if you have some interest in him before he asks you. If he doesn't see any, and if it isn't CLEAR to him that it IS interest, then he'll assume there isn't any, and will move on to another girl so he doesn't have to hear an ego-crushing "no" from you. That's why, if you like a guy, and he's showing interest in you, it's SO important that you show it back. Remember, too, that he's already afraid you don't like him, and is likely to need some solid proof that you do. If he's unsure about your body language, then he'll default back to his position of "she could never like someone like me." So you need to make your responses crystal clear and obvious, so that he can have no doubt.

What Guys Said 17

• I usually drool and fart.

• If we can't take our eyes off of you, that's a good sign. Also, if you catch us defending you in conversation, or saying things about you that you didn't think we'd noticed.

Despite the negativity of some a**holes who end up being stalkers, there is a valid hunter's instinct in most men. So we will do some lighthearted stalking of the girls we like. Accidentally end up parking near you at school and walking you to class. Time it so we just finally get that last book in the backpack around the time you stand up and are walking out.

If you drop your pencil and that one guy is always there to pick it up for you, he's probably into you.

More subtle things are: he'll cross his legs with the foot pointing towards you. Turn his body to face your direction most of the time. Get quiet when you're around, or suddenly talkative. Look for changes in attitude or mood when you're around.

• The way he is sitting down, if his torso is facing you, then it is a sign, but this one is hard to read.

Another sign is if you are sitting across the table, if he is relaxed and has his legs spread wide open, then it is a strong sign that he finds you safe to talk to.

• What if he's always sat next to me? He's always got his legs spread out, but I can't think of a single time where I have sat opposit him lol

• If he is sitting to your right, he would tilt his body left then. Or he will cross his right leg over his left leg, sign that he is open. If he sits to your right and crosses his left leg over his right, then this is a bad sign, it means his on the defensive.

• he could offers you or do things he knows you like.

Amongs many non verbal signals...

• None of the ones mentioned, the most clear signs are along the lines of him not acting confident around you, getting stuck in finding things to say, fidgeting, nervouseness, his voice has low volume, or maybe gets high in pitch, he says a lot of dumb things, he tries to impress you in lame ways.

Even if he is a master player and a boss with most girls, if he really likes you, he will have these signs or some, if these signs are not present then he doesn't like you for anything else other than sex or just friends.

More from Guys
12

What Girls Said 1

• Well, basic signs are just body language. Like leaning in whenever you're speaking to show that he's interested in what you're saying, breaking the touch barrier by touching your arm/hand or by hugging you, initiating contact by calling or texting just to see what's up, making plans with you on a regular basis (if you already know each other well), smiling a lot, teasing you playfully, paying attention to you even though there are other things going on etc. Simple things like that can all indicate that he's attracted and interested in you. Some people also say that dilated pupils show that someone is attracted to you, but that's a lot tougher to notice. Unless you're prepared to stare into his eyes, I wouldn't suggest looking for that. :P

• Lol I heard about the eye thing. my cars is at the garage and his brother had his car so one of our mates dropped us home, we was sat at the back and he takes up so much room he kept moving his legs wider and wider so I squashed his legs closed and said your taking up all the room,and he laffed, I tried to look if his eyes where dialated and but he's got dark eyes and I couldn't see lol. But when we talk he looks away when I look at him, he does call me almost everynight/ very early morning

• Aww, he's probably just shy if he looks away when you're talking to him. Otherwise it sounds like he's interested, since he seems to call you so often (and at such "special" times too, most people would just call during the day).