What to say when a guy asks, "What do you want from me?" HELP!

So I have this guy friend who I like and its obvious he likes me but we never hang out, he's invited me over to "have a beer with the guys" a few times but I haven't been able to..and would feel kinda weird just showing up like HEY! even though I know the guys too. He's said relationships aren't for him right now, that its too much trouble which is okay with me I'm fine with being friends and if something happens it happens! Lately when we talk we've gotten to where we know A LOT about each other, more than before...we were talking about something and he said that things wouldn't happen between us because we never see each other. I said true but its not my fault and he agreed with me. He then went to say that he doesn't like to work for things...kinda confuses me but whatever. I told him that he kills me! He replied back with a text asking WHY and then said, "What do you want from me?"

What am I supposed to say to him so he won't think I wanna marry him and scare him or make him think I'm in love with him? I'm fine with being friends but if he likes me why doesn't he ask me out on a date...unless he's scared because of the FRIEND ZONE? I'll be friends with him no matter what happens...I like to be an honest person but I don't know how to answer him without scaring him or just making him think I want him soooo bad!

Most Helpful Girl

• Did you stop to think about how confused he must be? "You kill me!"

What does that mean?

This conversation sounds like either a phone call or texting means (also by the fact that you never see each other), which probably means he doesn't know your tone and you don't know his. CONFUSING!

If you're close enough to him he should probably understand if you started out answering the question with what you just said:" I don't want to scare you or make you think I'm obsessed, I'd be your friend either way, but if you like me, why don't you ask me out on a date, a REAL date, not to your house to drink beers?"

Be honest and make it clear what it actually is that you want!

• Lol I said you kill me because of the way he looks at things and feels about things and then sometimes contradicts them, I think understanding what each other wants wise...he's more confusing than I am because he knows that I'm open to things and that I like going with the flow of whatever happens. He knows I'm not looking for a relationship but if one comes up I'm open to it...he on the other hand says no no no and yet in so many ways it seems like we are in one lol without the actual hanging out UGH!