The Most Difficult Foods To Eat, And How To Eat Them

Whole Crab, Crab Legs, Lobster

I'll tell you right now, I have suffered many a bloody finger at the hands of crab who I swear are still fighting for life postmortem. You have to respect something like that. There is absolutely no way to be dainty, clean, or proper when eating these items either. Add to that, for all the work you have to do to get at the meat, in relation to shell volume, there isn't actually that much especially when it comes to crab legs, save for Alaskan King Crabs. In order to master this beast you will need crab crackers, crab forks, and crab mallets. If you are new to the crab game, take your time because the struggle is real, but you'll eventually get the hang of it.

Oysters

I'm not really a fan of the raw oyster, though I like a fried oyster, but there is an art form to eating one properly and getting the best bang for your buck.

Sushi

There are so many crimes committed against sushi, beginning with the phrase: "supermarket sushi." If you're getting the stuff from there, and believing it to be and telling friends and family that you eat "real sushi," there may be no help for you, but if you are the type that goes to a proper sushi restaurant or goes to someone making a fresh batch for you at home, there are some ways for you to get the most flavor and enjoyment from the sushi and some proper etiquette and techniques to employ to eat it correctly.

*Bonus: how to use chopsticks

Chicken Wings

You have been absolutely wasting the majority of your chicken wings by trying to nibble furiously to get the meat off. There is a way to get 99% of the meat off the bones which means more food for you, less wasted food.

Artichokes

Don't just quietly suffer by only ever eating the from can artichoke hearts. Enjoy a nicely cooked artichoke in your favorite sauce.

Watermelon and Mangoes

Figuring out how to eat a watermelon or mangoes isn't actually hard at all. Lots of napkins, a big plate, chomp, chomp, but cutting it and getting nice slices that don't waste the flesh can be.

BeeNee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• these aren't difficult foods to eat and also a few of them aren't even how to eat them 1 watermelon doesn't need to be cut like that 2 this makes no since at all

• Eww seafood, this take made me lose my appetite

• Your mytake make me feel so hungry right now. It's been a long time since I've had sushi, crabs, lobster and oyster.

• Well, as a vegetarian, I love Artichokes, Watermelon and Mangoes, but I also like vegetarian version of Sushi... great Take :)

• Thank you. Though obviously not a vegetarian, my brother became one and took me to some interesting vegetarian places. Some were terrible and re-affirmed my love of meat, and others really made me think, I could do this, I could be a vegetarian for a while at least, lol. I have cut back quite a bit on my meat consumption though, and I hate to admit it, and I'd never tell him b/c I'd never hear the end of it, but I do feel healthier.

• Do you eat this kind? Some vegetarians opt out of eating eggs.

ikura.es/.../...nte-sushi-japones-madrid-ikura.jpg

• @mutedaisy I've never tried that, but I usually eat eggs.

What Girls Said 4

• For eat this things I go to a restaurant in general it's easier

• I find funny how some people tell me the "correct" way to eat sushi, when they're doing it wrong. Great MyTake, now gimme food!

• I never had tried crabs, oysters or lobsters before but I dont tend to try it eitehr, it is not appealing for me to eat those things.

• I think a lot of people, including myself have felt that way before. First time I tried crab was in a very public place with about 50 professional crab lovers at a school in Maryland (aka home of the crab). I was clueless, I felt like an idiot trying to crack my first crabs, but thanks to a very nice teacher at the school, who gently... and very violently.. explained the process, I now love the stuff and probably eat it once a once, Lobsters on occasion, and oysters on less occasions, but I still try it. I know some people don't care about "food experiences," but just like with any other experience, trying and learning new things about food, can be quite amazing and can lead to a life long love of something you never thought you would.

• *once a month

• interesting