How do you eat rice and what country are you from?

i eat it with ma hand

• with handsHow do you eat rice and what country are you from?
  • with spoon/silverwareHow do you eat rice and what country are you from?
  • with chopsticksHow do you eat rice and what country are you from?
  • don't eat rice /otherHow do you eat rice and what country are you from?
where r my south Asians & Africans @? i can't be the only one who eats with my fingers lmao :D

Most Helpful Guy

• right here. Born in Southern China haha. I eat it with chopsticks and spoon, But If I make sushi or some African style rice, its all hands

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 38

• i always used a fork until i lived in thailand and realized they used spoons. it made so much sense and now i almost always use spoons

• Spoon AND chopsticks, Ha! I win.

It's more to do with the dish it's in though, if it's on a plate you kinda have to use a spoon, if it's in a bowl you use can the chopstick to shovel it in while holding the bowl to your mouth.

• so u shovel it? i need to get a chopsticks lesson asap, i thought u are supposed to hold them together but a little bit separate so the clump of rice stays on like the guy in the pic

• Yeah like this lol
      image.shutterstock.com/.../...psticks-55936348.jpg

It's more polite to eat one clump at a time like you describe so you do that when eating out, at home everyone just shovels that shit in ASAP. Also you cook the rice in a specific way (slightly sticky) to make it clump like that - the way Western, African and Middle Eastern cook it you'll just be picking one grain at a time so a spoon is better.

• ohh i see, that makes a lot more sense. i imagined the rice pieces falling between the chopsticks then u'd never eat lmao

• I eat rice with a fork. I am from New Zealand. 😀

• 1|0
  • -Boiled with sauce: tomato, bechamel, or curry, gravy
    -Boiled with creamy milk and vanilla , sweet

From Belgium

• Fork or spoon, England, I don't do hands to eat and those chop sticks just tease, as I can never get a mouthful to stay on it and end up eating a grain at a time.

• I had to vote D... for me it's knife and fork!
    A spoon would work but sticks would lead to very funny situations like rice launched out of the window hahaha :o

• Sometimes I eat with hands sometime with spoon.. Sometimes with fork.. Sometimes like a dog from the bowl..
    Mostly it's spoon and fork

• I eat it with a spoon and I'm from Latvia.

• I'm from Europe and I eat my rice with a fork xD

• from the USA , use a fork to eat it because with the sauces i put with it, it would make your hands very dirty.

• With a fork in US :)
    I can eat with chop sticks and usually do at Asian restaurants however.

• I choose nothing... because sometimes I eat with my hands (when I am too lazy to get up and get a spoon) if I have a spoon with me and my hands are clean I'll use both... otherwise only spoon

• I have excellent chipsticks skills, but I mainly use a fork unless I'm at home. :-P

• Lol with a spoon, I quite love rice, also I am from America.

• Uh... Fork and knife.

• Silverware or chopsticks. Canada. I prefer sticky short grain rice.

• cool i like basmati, everything else is just difficult to eat now that im used to it :P

• Bastmati has a distinctive fragrance and flavour that only works with certain food, IMHO.

• with a fork or spoon

murica

• i like to eat rice with the tool the respective culture of the dish would eat the rice.

• I don't eat a lot of rice but I always use a spoon or fork

• Fork,
    I like Latin American and Cajun food so

• in a tortilla

• rice with a fork or chopsticks (US with background from India but Im always eating sushi)

• With chopsticks even though its not very practical

• I usually like hot food so i use spoon
    South east asia

• Never really could get used to chop sticks

• Fingers and with tortillas cuz I eat like a beaner, lol.

• I'm from the USA

• i can eat rice with chopsticks or fork and or spoon and I am from scotland.

• love rise , with spoon

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 21

• WTF! haha I never heard of someone eating rice with their hands... damnn... Maybe only the Indians who always eat food with their hands... Hmmm.. Interesting. Nice to know in Angola, they also eat it with their hand.. haha.

I eat rice with a fork or spoon (silverware)... I've eaten it with chop sticks when in South east Asia and I have eaten it with my hand (maybe once or twice) when i'm stealing some from the pot and was too lazy to pick a fork/spoon and just wanted to take a little piece - but that was more of stealing and not something I do or would ever do in public lol.

So utensils for me and I'm from South America.

• I think africa generally eats with fingers like the south Asians except if theyre trying to be fancy with utensils 😂 same with the middle east i think

• haha yeahh you're right. but in the middle east they dont usually eat with their hands, correct> maybe a dish or two... but not generally?
      Same in SA, some dishes you can eat with the hand but majority are with utensils. (well if it goes on plate, you eat it with utensils)

• Depends on what dish I'm eating. Generally I eat it with spoon. I've never eaten rice with hands though. And fork is the most inefficient way of eating rice ever so not that one either. Anyway, I prefer porcelain spoon than silverware, especially when I eat East Asian dishes, dunno why.

From Sweden, lived in China ✌🏽️

• a spoon, but i barely eat rice anymore.

• I use a fork or spoon most of the time, and occasionally use chopsticks, especially if I'm eating at an Asian restaurant. I live in Canada.

• a fork? how do u stab a rice with a fork

• @redeyemindtricks i let it cool down a bit, eating with a utensil feels disconnected from the eating experience

• You don't stab it, you just scoop it up like you would with a spoon. Or use a knife to help you push the last bit of rice onto the fork. I've always eaten rice this way.

@redeyemindtricks Long grain white or brown rice (whatever is on sale when I need rice) and yeah if course I eat it when it's hot! I have a rice cooker/steamer thing.

• CHOOOOPSTICKS. Born in the US lol

• I'm from the UK and I eat rice with a fork. I have fried rice with curry or gravy and boiled rice with chillies con carne. Risotto is another rice dish I like.

• i eat it with a spoon

• I eat with a fork/spoon

• It's usually with a fork. But I already ate it with a spoon.

• Silverware. I don't know how to use chop sticks haha

• Eat it with salty meat and veg and sometimes eat it with soup

• I am more likely to do spoon &&&& chopstick~ 😁👍

• I hate rice.

• With a spoon but if I'm really diggin it HANDS

• I've eaten rice with my hands, chopsticks... whatever I have near.

• I use utensils

• With a spoon and mixed with beans :)

• I use a fork.

• I usually use a fork or spoon. I like to eat it with chopsticks too.

• I eat rice with my right hand, from Turkey : ))

• With a fork or with chopsticks. I'm from the US.