• Ask
  • myTake

Girlfriend doesn't show her feelings or doesn't care at all?

Me and my girlfriend are best friends. We spend all our time together. We have been together four years, and she means the world to me. But sometimes I feel like she doesn't care about me. She is really... Bland when it comes to showing me how she feels. She trys to avoid it all together. I feel like I'm not one of her top priorities. Like I don't matter at all. I've tried talking to her about this and all she ever has to say is "She cares about me and feels like she is giving me all her attention," or that "Shes sorry and she doesn't know what I'm talking about." When I bring anything important to me up she wants nothing to do with it. I have sat and told her how I feel for hours at some points and all she's responded is "Are you breaking up with me?" She doesn't participate at all. Am I being unreasonable with my expectations? I just want her to at least pretend she cares about me. Maybe even tell me how she feels. Do you think it's possible she does not have the ability?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• It can be that she isn't a very affectionate girl... I have some gfriends that really don't like being affectionate or even talking about their feelings, because they feel that if they start talking about it they may become vulnerable and people could hurt them deeply. Don't worry.. If she didn't care for you she would have dumped you long time ago.. A girl doesn't stay with a guy if she doesn't have feelings for him. Give her some time... Then probably she will feel more comfortable talking about her feelings.. Really..DON'T WORRYThere's many girls out there that seem to have a stone cold hard when really they have deep feelings, the problem is they don't know how to show them.GOOD LUCK.

What Girls Said 2

• She probably isn't very good at showing her affection or she just doesn't know how to. It sounds like you're making your feelings pretty apparent so maybe she's just lacking the skills necessary to express her feelings.

What Guys Said 1

• I was once in a similar relationship a few years ago, she was one those "hard" girls who don't show emotions. I was finding myself being too needy that I would be too appreciative of ANY little gesture she may do. I really loved her but I new I can't settle for this, and I had to dump her. One of the hardest decisions I ever made, but regardless the right one.I know this may sound harsh but you've got some serious thinking to do.Because it is only gonna make you more needy or actually lose love for her...Ultimately what you want from a relationship isn't coming from her, one day or another, you'll get it from someone else..Dont even try to change her, because it ent gonna happen any time soon.. She can only change..She probably has daddy issues, etc.. and damn sure ent your place to change her.