My boyfriend is always so damn grumpy...

We've been together for over a year now. A good 70% of the time I talk to him, he's upset about something or something hurts or just something... Show More

Honestly I am an upbeat gal moreso than not. I bring a lot of positive energy to our relationship. He has some solid character traits, ones of a great partner that I have not had in other boyfriends. He makes me want to be a better person. And he is still young enough (27) and has a drive that I believe that he knows the difference between a dream and a goal. When I say negative, he focuses more on the negative aspects of his day vs not. But when we talk he does eventually come out of it.
Reading you guys responses is making me think...would I prefer the flip side of he not talking about the negative at all and feeling like he has to bottle it up?

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone who is always grumpy is unhappy in his life...

Now if it bothers you that he is always grumpy, tell him how bad he makes you feel in these cases and tell him how much you love when he's just normal: remind him the few times it happened. And explain to him how it will make everything easier for you if he could durn down being so grumpy.

He should understand.

Asker upvoted
    • angel you make a great point, he is aware that he is unhappy and what he is unhappy about. and he wants to do better at addressing those things...we just both realize that its not going to happen overnight. I really like the idea of sharing how much better I feel when he is 'normal' ; it would be so much easier.