My girlfriend likes another guy!

so lately my girlfriend has been hanging around and talking with this other guy. It seemed weird the entire time for me and I suspected she liked him and he liked her for a while. On friday my friend came up to me and told me that my girlfriend liked the other guy. I was completely crushed and I basically walked around for an hour crying and really pissed about things but not at her for some reason. I waited for her after class and I asked her about it trying to hold back breaking down in front of her and she denied she liked him and asked me who told me. She started to walk away and I walked with her and she swore at me in front of a lot of people and stormed off. I went with her friend to look for her and she called me from the bathroom. I went to the bathroom with her friend and told her friend to go in for me. My friend went in and as she was opening the door I saw my other friend was inside talking to my gf. My girlfriend came out crying and buried her head in my chest crying saying she was sorry and admitted she liked her friend. She expected me to break up with her and so do all my friends but amazingly enough when I told her I loved her I meant it and I want to work through this.

However she doesn't know what she could do, her best friend thinks she needs to stop hanging out with him and I feel the same.

What do you think she has to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I were in your position, I would walk away from her.

But I know that's not the advice you're looking for so --

Just like what everyone else said, she has to avoid this guy. But it has to be HER decision, not yours. She knows that avoiding him is the only way you and her can work it out. If she acts dumb about it, and insists on hanging out with him still, then obviously she wants to like him, and is not willing to stop, or she can't control herself, meaning, she will eventually cheat on you.

If she decides to avoid him, then that is a good first step on working this out. The next thing you two need to do is talk about your relationship. Ask her why she likes him. And ask if there is something lacking in the relationship. You both have to be very honest with each other, to find what started all this. Once you figure out the problem then the both of you could fix it.

The reason why people find interest in others is because they have/give something that their boyfriend/girlfriend doesnt. Or they both share the same interests in something.

Bottom line is, if the BOTH of you are really willing to work on this, then it will definitely work. It might take a while but it will work.