Why GirlsAskGuys Should Let Us Choose Our Own Colors

On GirlsAskGuys, male members are blue, and female members are pink. Personally, I think this website should have the option to choose any color of the rainbow or neutral colors. Here's why.

The Color Choices Are Too Saturated

I love the color pink, but GirlsAskGuys' shade of pink is really hot pink or fuchsia. I love the color blue, but the site's shade of blue is bright blue. The colors are way too saturated for my taste, so if the webmasters are able or willing, then I would greatly appreciate a change of color or more colors.

The Color Choices Are Too Limited

Why should men be stuck with blue all the freakin' time? Why should women be stuck with fuchsia? We should have all the colors of the rainbow! All I say! My all-time favorite color is yellow. Given that yellow would be a really bad font color choice against a white background, I think a darker shade of yellow or golden yellow or orangey yellow would be visible and usable.

The Female Color Should Really Be Mauve

Mauve is a darker shade of purple. It has a tint of red, which makes it similar to the traditional color used for females, but it's considerably easier on the eyes, in my opinion. Blue links used by guys blend in smoothly with the black text, and blue is the default color for making links in HTML-based webpages. Pink links used by girls look like floating text. They stand right out, even though you want the link color to blend in. By making mauve the new female color, that not only looks better, but also is very close to the traditional female color, just darker. Besides, mauve is already the default link color for visited links, while blue is the default link color for unvisited links.

So, those are my pet peeves and suggestions. Let me know what you think in the comments below.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 13

• nah keep the boys blue and the ladies pink, BUT let people choose their own shade. that would work a treat.

• I like blue better than pink but I can see your point in wanting a different colour.
    It's a website, adding a colour scheme isn't that hard and won't lead to any issues. It will just expand choice and a means to express ourselves.

• i don't think you understand the concept of gender and/or sex

• Is this really what you choose to do with your time?
    Good gosh...

• Keep it like it is.

• lol
    i love April fools

• Get over it?

• If you have a dick you're a man, if you have a vagina you're a woman. Biology trumps feelings.

• What does that have to do with colors? Physically both dicks and vagina's are the same color as the persons skin. So either they are pink or a darker color.

• I'm really not a fan of the blue. Not because I'm queer, because I like orange.

• i actually really like blue and pink system, there's a funny sorta ironic sexism to it, whilst also capturing the nature of the site's sociological intrigue and function perfectly. nope, i totally dis agree.

• Lol I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

• Since when is my profile in pink? is that some sort of April Fool's joke?

• No because it's an identifier. If anyone could choose their colors then lots of guys and girls would pick the same colors and make it very confusing for other members on which sex they are. It would be too much. It's fine the way it is.

What Girls Said 5

• I hate pink and it's the most ugliest color to have ever existed. Which it's murder on the eyes at night.

• did i hear purple? where's the petition to go against this, if i turned purple i'd leave this site immediately. the color i should be is reddish pink.

• I like the pink :P

• Hmm, I like the pink and having a variety of colours may make the site look kinda cluttered and confusing buuuuuuuuuuut it'd be cool if maybe we had more shades to pick from even if we kept blue and pink.

• I agree. I hate the pink, I like mauve.