GaG Writing Contest: Submit Your Best "First" Story!

GaG Writing Contest: Submit Your Best

You wanted a way to showcase your writing ability, GaGers? Well, here ya go, but bear in mind that all our contests are open to the public - per the very nature of this site - so don't be surprised if you see some fresh competition!

Enter our new writing contest, which begins as of now and will run until Friday, May 20 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All you have to do to enter is register here at GirlsAskGuys (if you haven't already done it, this takes about 30 seconds, if that) and make your submission.

The theme? Oh, it's a fun one:

Your Best "First" Story

This is a personal piece that tells the tale of your best (or worst, as the case may be) "first." In other words, the first time you had sex, your first date, the first time you said "I love you," or it could be something outside the romantic realm. The first time you stepped on a Little League field, the first time you went off the scary 3M diving board at the pool, the first time you attended a funeral, the first time you left the country.

It can be anything so long as it tells the story of a first experience.

But as everyone does better with highlighted and bulleted text, here's what you do:

1. After creating your GirlsAskGuys account, log in and submit a MyTake. Easy. Before you start writing, though, try to think of a really catchy headline for your story. There is NO NEED to refer to the contest in the headline; in fact, if you do, we'll probably change it. Your story is yours and yours alone, so give it the headline you want to give it!

2. Remember the basic rules of good presentation, including media, proper spacing, etc. Some of those HINTS you see highlighted in purple when you go to write your MyTake will help...

3. Contest submissions need to include the following hashtag somewhere in the text: #GaGWritingContest Doesn't matter where, really, it just has to be there so we know it's a submission for this contest.

4. Each user gets ONE SUBMISSION ONLY. So before you hit "Submit," make sure it's your best work. :)

5. We will look at quality of writing, presentation, and how well the community responds. All of these are always factors in penning a piece for online consumption.

Oh...prizes? You want prizes?

Well, of course. :)

First Place: $25 Amazon Gift Card, one winner each for GUY and GIRL

Second Place: +1,000 XPER

Third Place: +500 XPER

And by the way, if you're new to the premises, don't forget that we're always looking for great content from great contributors. You're always free to share your opinion via MyTake or Question and interact with our fantastic and ever-growing community. And if you're really good, if you distinguish yourself, maybe you'll get that Editor tag. Learn more about how to become a GaG Editor right here.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message. Looking forward to reading your submissions!

Fathoms77 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 20

What Guys Said 17

• There's a reason I don't win these things but I stand by what I wrote. To quote someone else, I wanna hear your pain... Just put it in joke form.

• I just submitted mine. I hope everyone enjoys it and lets me know what you all think!

• I Like this! I have just written once in English so that will be difficult

I think 20 may is too soon, people Like me who don't have English as their native language need more time i think

• Okay, cool, not too bad. Writing a first doesn't sound so hard. I'm such a writer, having even been writing on Experience Project and so glad to be an Editor here now, that it shouldn't be too hard. I've never done a contest before so this should be interesting.

• damn and all the editors come out :P

• i could have win this if its in arabic.

• way to segregate. should be $50 for best guy or girl.

• Are there content guidelines?

• Not really. So long as you stick to the theme in question, you've got mostly free reign. :)

• Yeah, it can't be too explicit. Swear words shouldn't dominate, there can't be any explicit imagery, etc.

• Ah ha so there are guidelines... OK thanks.
      I wanted to know before I overstepped and posted something to risque.

• My first enima! Or perhaps the first person I lured into my van.

• how do I submit my story?

• Story time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3LKadZ4LFU

John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air.
    There were demons in the base. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad “I want to be on the ships daddy.”

Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS !!”

There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were demons.
    “This is Joson” the radio crackered. “You must fight the demons!”

So John gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.

“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the demons

“I will shoot at him” said the cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.

“No! I must kill the demons” he shouted

The radio said “No, John. You are the demons”

And then John was a zombie.

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• My first time was in a discovery park of America bathroom
    She sucked my dick
    It was soooo good
    Soo scary
    So fun
    My gun was loaded
    She toaded it
    Tounge boing boing

Sge left me and broke my heart
    Love is like a art
    Sometimes it's forced
    Other time it's tart
    Other time it's sweet

• I think I will write about the first time I participated in an online writing contest.

• Time to memorize more vocab :D

• Interesting. I have some idea in my mind.

• dang, I have something I'm writing but don't expect to be finished with it until July at the earliest. It is my 'first' and it's kind of long...

maybe next time.