How Often Should I Post MyTakes?

How Often Should I Post MyTakes?

#kitkatalie My take on this (haha, my take like "myTake", get it? No? Okay...) is that it is only necessary to write a myTake when you feel strongly enough about a topic to write about it. If your myTake is less than 1,000 characters long, then you should make it into a question, rather than a myTake. MyTakes should be pretty lengthy articles. This myTake is 1360 characters, for you hypocrites.

Back to the original idea, if you are having writer's block and you can't think of a myTake idea, just wait. Unless you are an editor, of course (us editors have to post at least once every two weeks or we could lose our title as editor). Don't post about something you don't have a strong opinion on. If you absolutely can't think of an idea, just wait. DON'T plagiarize. That is writer's suicide, not to mention that it is illegal.

So, how often should you post myTakes? I would say anywhere from 1-4 times per month. I know people who post like 5 myTakes per day, and it gets annoying if you follow them. I've had to unfollow people just because of that.

I know this is short, but I hope you found It helpful. I know I am going to get comments about how I "don't feel strongly about this topic" and how I am "contradicting myself", but I actually do feel very strongly about this topic, and everything I said is my pure opinion.

Catalie is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

• For the record, we encourage you to write as many MyTakes as you like. If you have something you wish to say, say it!

Just remember that if it's a question, ask a Question and don't do a MyTake. Otherwise, be creative, be inventive, speak your piece. :)

• Writing a take on how to write takes? The redundancy is strong with this one.

• Hahaha lately I almost write once every day. I had those ideas back in my mind from before, but I was busy with other things by the time, so I didn't sit down to write them. Now I have the time, so why not?

• There's a difference between myTakes and questions. You cannot determine its category based on characters.

Plus, there are video takes too which require no words.

• "Back to the original idea, if you are having writer's block and you can't think of a myTake idea, just wait."

My personal opinion in the matter is that one should post a myTake when they have a strong idea they want to write about. This criteria in my opinion should hold whether or not one is an editor or not. Otherwise, you get what I like to call "quota posts." That is when you create pointless articles that don't really contribute to anything meaningful, but you do it since the cost of losing an editor badge is considered greater than the cost of auto-promoting bad content.

The quota posts are bad in my opinion because they firstly take up space away from other people contributing (since they are auto promoted), and secondly lower GAG's quality of content on the whole. When content quality is lowered, it affects viewership. For me personally, I now go along the "All myTakes" section since I think it has an overall more interesting array of takes. I get less "my personal top 5 hottest guys/girls from vampire diaries" (where it is simply pictures and very little wording too).
    Just as a mod shouldn't hide unworthy content to meet their quota, editors shouldn't make quota posts.

Also, I would disagree on saying a thing less than 1000 characters should be a question and greater than 1000 should be a myTake. I've seen long needing-relationship-help questions that were plenty more than 1000 characters. Heck, my opinions tend to be over 1000 characters (This one is 1646). Despite that, my opinions aren't set up like myTakes. Likewise, character count and type of format (i. e. myTakes/question/opinion) don't necessarily have any correlation.

• Very well said.

But bro, "If your myTake is less than 1,000 characters long, then you should make it into a question, rather than a myTake." If you reread this statement, it doesn't imply that if it's above 1K characters, it should be a myTake. Logical reasoning.

• @YourFutureEx Studying for a test : I still got a full 6 hours of sleep (plus a nap earlier) so it's not that bad

• Studying? Now that's very healthy lol

What Girls Said 2

• Sometimes it doesn't take a long, drawn out Take to get the point across. Short, sweet, and to the point works as well.

• Short My Takes are annoying. Some questions should be My Takes also.