The Types of People You Will Meet On GaG

When you've been on GAG or the internet long enough, you are bound to meet these people in the comment party.

Your Rock

This is the Gagger who reads something you wrote and responds in a way that you swear they are an old friend. They immediately befriend you, and you immediately accept. From then on, you follow their posts and vice versa faithfully always at replying with inside jokes and comments. They also help defend you against nasty comments and always like your posts.

Mr. and Mrs. Anti-Feminist, Politico, World Hater

You're pretty sure the topic you posted was about people who love cats, but somehow this person has turned it into a rant about Feminism or politics, or how horrible the world is...again. What have some cute furry creatures got to do with feminism you wonder? They aren't even human. These GaG'ers also spend way too much time browsing for topics with certain buzz words in them so they can essentially cut and paste their pre-scripted rant based answer for every question ever posted because they literally have nothing else to say.

Mr. Sex

This is that guy who takes any topic and just answers it sexually. Don't even mention the greatest thing about people who love cats...you definitely know how he's going to answer that.

One

Leaves really well developed answers to complicated questions and takes and opinions like, "LOOOOL" or "WTF, this," or "yup," or "IDK" or "Great!" or "dis bad." They need you to know that they exist. That is all.

The Actual Homophobe, Racist, Sexist

Yeah, sure the topic is controversial, and there are a few off color comments going back and fourth, but this one person is in earnest saying truly racist, sexist, homophobic things and saying things that have no actual bearing on reality whatsoever. They make no attempts to censor, actively call people derogatory names and rant about how this or that person is ruining the world for people like them. You want to believe they are just a troll, but disturbingly, you become aware that they really believe what they are saying. The thumbs downs and negative comments in response from even the previously most die hard commenters are stacking up against them, but they keep going on spewing hate to the point where, it's about the time to exercise a 'block' It's funny, you weren't even aware they got internet in the backwoods.

The Everything and Everyone is a Homophobe, Racist, Sexist

This Gag'er is mad about the world and everyone in it. Even if you agree with something they said, they jump on you for not doing more than just agreeing to say hate and stereotypes are wrong. Even if the conversation was innocent and people were bantering back and forth cordially, they turn it into an everyone is wrong hear me roar standing on the steps of liberty argument that it really didn't need to be.

The Novelist

...and then in 1812 America passed a series of laws that closed its ports to British ships that were loaded with goods they planned to sell in the U.S....and wtf, why is this person's comment a full 4,000 characters long single spaced no breaks? Wasn't the question, what's your favorite color?

The Emoid

This person always asks questions about desperately wanting friends, or dates, or how to connect with family, and whenever anyone answers positively and tries to give them really solid advice, they immediately refuse to accept it. They talk down about themselves, and how they would try that, but it's too hard. You try your best to inject positivity and offer support, but they won't even respond to you with anything other than, but that works for everyone else on the planet but them.

The Fact Checker

Oh did you just write your personal--->opinion<--- on the political campaign? Um, not without a work cited pages, I hope. This person wants to see an entire list of your sources because you can't have an opinion on something without a binders worth of links, newspaper clippings, and book references. Then when you dare provide a link or links or cite your source, they scream about how those links are not credible sources and how they have a list of sources that are the only ones they choose to believe. Oh and don't ever mention the "evil" media to them. Trust me.

The, Never Read It

This is the person who leaves you a 6 paragraph rant using a lot of caps and a lot of exclamation points for your take that they clearly didn't read beyond the title. They blast you about how wrong you are, you don't know anything, they explain how they know everything about everything, they go on about how much of an apparently a--hole you are. You can smell the smoke coming from their ears from your own computer. If they are half way decent people when you point out this fact to them, they will tail between their legs and apologize, but mainly they just ignore you and keep ranting if they cannot except the truth.

Mr. and Mrs. That's Not Important

Gag is filled with twenty-one topics ranging from flirting to education to food, and yet this person feels there is only one type of topic of importance and they like to tell everyone about it. Do you have cancer and want to talk about your feelings, that's not important because someone has a worse cancer than you. Do you want to rant about Kimye vs. Taylor Swift...what about the rare Ethiopian platypus that's being killed off by poachers. Are you discussing your issues with trying to gain muscle, by God, the pollution in the environment is going to kill us all. Instead of actually doing anything about any of the problems they want you to talk about, they do nothing but tell people they exist. Repeatedly.

This is PERSONAL, Damn It!

This person asks a question/poll for which most of humanity has decided there is one right opinion which apparently doesn't mesh well with the asker. They take it extremely personally like everyone commenting has a vendetta against them. They go comment by comment telling everyone their opinion is stupid or wrong and that the only way is their way. They begin to make personal comments about the perfect strangers, you, they know nothing about. Jesus, they're now threatening to eat your entire family. That escalated rather quickly.

They're Going To Answer Everything

The question you've asked is pretty straight forward: "Describe your car," for example. This person answers with, I don't have a car. Face palm.

Trolls

Absolutely no desire to create community or voice a real opinion, they just go about saying inflammatory things. The more advanced ones write entire takes meant to inflame.

Troll Blind

Everyone knows the person commenting is a troll and doesn't take the bait, except for this person. They are determined to win the most useless of arguments, and no matter how many warning signs are up that say, don't feed the troll, they continue to throw it more ammunition. I mean one or two back and forths, sure...but 19, really 19 and all of them are 3 comments worth of dialogue each. Come on now, it's just getting sad.

Teacher

They like to tell you that you made 2 mistakes in your take or your misspelled a word. They feel it is their civic duty to auto-correct the world. They refuse to believe that any individual can make a simple error or God forbid, English is not your first language, or you have a writing disability, they go off on how many errors you have and how that must equate with your stupidity. They can see the errors in everyone else, yet they fail to see the glaring errors in their own lives.

The Unicorn

Sometimes you get so used to hearing from all of the above, that you are actually shocked that the comment or question that's infuriated you or made you really think deeply before you answer, has a real person behind it who wants to...actually...talk...and discuss...the topic. Not argue uselessly, not troll, not demand copious facts, but just actually talk to you. They truly give you a different POV, or want your advice, help, and tips or to just talk. Twenty replies later you feel like your faith in GAG humanity has been restored.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 13

I have no idea what I am to other people. I honestly can't reply to 90% of the questions asked. Mainly because I refuse to be a "points hog." Those of us that only comment to get one more point for saying something stupid first.

If I answer a frequently asked question I'll write a take on it. Trying to be as humorous as the topic will allow. The few times I feel like I've written something serious either no one reads it or it becomes troll bait because it's too serious.

Post a link of something serious you've written. I wouldn't mind reading.

Yes, well, this is GaG, so I can tell you pretty much that most people opening up that post would open, skim down, see that it's long, and then move on without reading or get a couple paragraphs in and give up and move on. It's often a point of contention I've had with many here who complain when something is more than 3 paragraphs long. I mean, not every story or point can be made with 86 pictures and 3 lines of text. If you care to, maybe try sharing longer stories or takes in parts, rather then one big one. You can always link one to the other... or not... keeping writing however you want and maybe as I sometimes feel, its more important that I'm able to see the one or two quality people who really read through and left good comments rather than just a bunch of trolls and people who didn't read. Anyway... my two cents...

• 28d

I don't pay attention to those types of people and I'm not like any of them. I'm me :)

I answer everything.

Good take!
    You missed the naive people, who believe doing a method in order to accomplish something will do it when it doesn't make any sense at all (such as revoking condoms from teenagers in hope to prevent them from having sex). And false advisors too!

As for me: I'm an unicorn pony and I love hugs =)

http://i.imgur.com/69FOtKN.png

http://i.imgur.com/VccclPA.jpg

I feel like I'm the unicorn. I do like helping people with their problems (even some people are unhelpable)

About the "That's Not Important" one:
    Most topics on here do not need to be answered by the opposite gender but that's supposedly what the site was made for and why I joined it. If they really only wanted relevant topics for that, they would just have "Relationships", "Dating", and "Behavior" really.

So when I see the same person asking a fuckload of useless "Other" questions I feel like it's a waste of space.

Big like

Great take - I feel I am the same as most Gaggers when I can take credit for being a few of those good types but also be guilty of being a few of the bad types - I always think of GaG as a little town and in this town you will meet a lot of individuals, you will become friends with some, butt heads with others , socially interact with others maybe not even meet others ( a lot like real life ) - My advice to Gaggers is be aware of yourself and others, you are bit wound up don't go into a battlefield post, you are feeling flippant, answer the lightweight questions, serious answer serious questions and so on - It has kept me sane (just because someone says something to you, it is not the law to respond just mutter "Idiot" under your breath and move on)

lol its always nice to read a myTake thats not a rant or just 10 pictures that someone found online with less than a sentence of text.

I'm hopefully a unicorn with some sense of humor, albeit occasionally drunk. Also can be rather long-winded and lean towards the novelist, though I try to at least format things into paragraphs instead of forming a literal wall of text. And last but not least, I might have some tendencies towards the "They're going to answer everything" type when bored.

Trying really hard to be this lol
    animal-dream.com/data_images/unicorn/unicorn7.jpg

Although sometimes it's quite fun to be troll blind intentionally, because they eventually run out of material to throw.

lol I'm actually ''They're Going To Answer Everything''.. Apologies for being a miner.

What Girls Said 9

To all my followers; which one am I? Lol if you ever see this. I feel like I can either be Your rock (I'm super friendly and like becoming friends if you can even call them that with people on here) , or the one (I like to get noticed)

I am the One on Gag Who never Points Fingers and Works very hard to Give the Best from the Rest advice to Others... The Reason I'm on here, dear.
    I have net many over the Two years, which makes Gag Town Something to Gab about.
    Good luck and Great going. xx

• 28d

Laughed at the "They're Going To Answer Everything" one. I think I've done that a few times. 😂 Amusing read. :)

I hope I'm a unicorn...

I'm the emoid. XD

Nice take haha I'm curious as to what people see me as

Love it!! Lmao

Interesting people to meet here. The first one sounds the best. I came across someone on here who has multiple accounts and I recently found out about it. Didn't know one person was allowed to have all these accounts smh,

that sucks

You did? That's enough then. They'll check his IP

Reported him and made a blogpost http://imgur.com/a/ypuZE
      He needs to stop pretending to be someone else