GAGers, Let's Write a Song Together!

Hey guys! It's Jarhead! This community is a spectacular thing. I've met many interesting people and some rather rude and vulgar ones. Though what never ceases to amaze me is the amount of helpful people here on G@G. So in order to give all the artists and writers on here I've come up with an idea that could turn out to be something pretty cool.

So, let's write a song together!

Here is how this will work. Everyone who wants to participate no matter who you are all you have to do is write a take with a feature length 100% original song in it. Out of the ones that are good I will pick 6 individual verses and 2 choruses. To enter simply tag me in the take @ThatJarHead and I'll review it. I'll give it a week before I start doing the reviewing. If the song ends up being good enough I might record it and share the finished product with you all. Keep in mind this is merely a trial run of this to see if it will work. If it plays over well we might be able to take it somewhere. The structure of a feature length song is such:

Chorus

Verse 1

Chorus

Verse 2

Chorus

Verse 3

Chorus

I need a minimum of 6 takes in a week. Keep in mind it has to be 100% original to be considered and can be written in any style or genre you prefer. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out guys!

Cheers!

~JarHead

ThatJarHead is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

I want to join!! But your cutoff date is so soon, only 5 days left now right?

That date isn't cutoff just when I'll start reviewing :)

Oh! I'll try to work on something then... how long do you want the song to be, like word count?

I gave the formula in the take. Write about what or who you want in whatever style or genre you want with as many words as you want.

Do you want us to write the music out or make a video if us playing it?

Just write it. Make a video if you want but it won't get you any extra credit. Maybe so ethic points though.

Okay, thanks

Well it would really help us if you gave us a theme :D

You need a theme!

That would be fun!!!😊 Great idea!

What Guys Said 6

I like the idea. :)

Agh I saw this late. I feel like writing a song though, so I'll probably write one today and see if I can record it quickly.

Will something like this do?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqIsc8ooXug

i have a big dick and i like to brag
    ill just post some question on Gag
    and ill make it look like im insecure
    while everybody wishes ill get ill and have no cure.
    i have a whole virtual life to manage
    if u wanna sext ill even write u a private message
    its so cool that i dont need to give any payment
    o, and i did dry humping, am i already pregnnant?

What if you end up with too many different genres that the songs are written in or at lest too many different sub genres. Example: you get songs in the styles of psychobilly, psychedelic rock, power metal, jazz, dance pop, r&b etc. What are you going to do if something like that happens or you can not find any flow in the songs if any at all.

Uh then I won't make an actual song out of it? Instead of questioning things either take part in the fun or move along. There's no reason to over think it. It's all just to have people express their creativity in fun ways.

No prize for the best original song, my heart isn't in this one.

Can't have a prize until the next time we do it. I need to get the staff on board first.

do you need to know any instruments then cos I don't and I don't think most people here do.

Just writing. If I decide to make into an actual song I'll handle all the rest.