What's New on G@G Street

What's New on G@G Street

We know you’ve noticed the new polished profiles! We wanted you guys to express yourselves in more ways, in new ways! We hope you spruce up your profile so that G@Gers can get to know you better, so they know who they’re talking to, who they’re sharing with and giving advice to.

You can (and we know you will) -

• Add another picture to your profile, a cover image. Whether it’s a picture of you, a picture of something funny or interesting, it still tells us more about who you are.
  • Add a mood text on that cover image. Tell us what you’re thinking, “update your status“, share your mood with the G@G world.
  • Add a new avatar, with more ways of shaping exactly what’s framed in the circle.
  • See your top 10 upvoted opinions randomly quoted.

Watch out for new Followers! We now let you know every time you gain a Follower, with a New Follower Notification telling you someone new has decided you’re interesting and worth Following!

When you check out your Following and Followers lists, you’ll notice it’s so much easier to read and thumb through now. You can find someone on your lists faster than ever before.

You spoke, we listened! When you look at profiles, or when you hover over G@Gers’ names to see more about them, you’ll see their exact age. This can help you tailor your advice, making you more undoubtedly more important.

Look around, see what else is new, play around with it.
Tell us what you think, share your opinions! We want your feedback and your suggestions, you know we always do!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 35

• i like the new features!.. nice job!

• Gonna check out the new features :)

• hey so i think this new change is good overall, but i dislike the random quote thing. i think that could be replaced with a wall maybe, like the old version have. if people wanna leave something on there they can, and u can also have the ability to delete those posts if they aren't... well, pleasant lol.
    also, i'd like if we could have like a mini gallery, just like the old days. maybe 3 pics, rather than 1? =]

• Yet we still can't edit our questions/comments/opinions if we happen to make any typos or grammar mistakes... disappointed.

• @HeartsBloodDupre yeah. I've made this suggestion numerous times. Such as only being able to correct a specific amount of characters (so that people won't be able to change their posts entirely). Or, having some kind of mark on the post to note that it's edited, and if you click on it you can see the unedited version (Facebook has this exact feature).

• I'm happy someone else mentioned it... I wish they would change it so much!

• I love the new profiles. I was thinking about how I wanted profiles to be more unique and you bring it! I love that ages and good comments are shown too! The MHO being at the top makes it a lot easier. = Great work guys! ☺

• I'm hoping it grows on me... the profiles feel overwhelming now. Lol I also don't like how weird my profile picture looks now but that's minor I guess. I do like that we can now see peoples' exact ages, that will be helpful when dealing with under 18 users. I honestly feel like the cover image and mood thing on profiles is trying to be too much like Facebook though. I think I will get used to it eventually though. Haha!

• A new Profile for my new Title... I like it!!

• I haven't decided yet I'm still checking it out. So far so good. hahaha

• I like the new profile and picture is bigger and easy to see

• LMAO get to know you better. Hard to do when a large percentage of GAG members are always anonymous.

• Hey GAG, I have a ghost message in my inbox. I got a notification and it was about me still not selecting MH on one of my questions.

I opened the message, but the notification ! is still next to my avatar. I opened my inbox over 10 times, but there are no messages there. Cleated the cache on both my phone and laptop, but this nuisance still persists.

• I don't like how our exact ages are right next our usernames. Even FB allows you to hide that kind of personal information. This is not a dating site and age ranges should be enough to show the 'maturity level' of people. Does it really matter if you get advice from someone age 27 than someone age 26? Does age linearly reflect maturity anyway?
    I also don't like how being anonymous doesn't hide the exact age. People far from the median age are too easy to spot and can't ask sensitive questions anymore or give good answers to sensitive questions without giving out personal information that can be linked to them through their exact age that no other active user shares.

• Everything is great... but GAG is a guy? lol jus kidding, if I was to actually picture GAG as a person, they would be male

• I like that I'm notified when someone follows me now.

• It did not work for me when I got a new one I found it on my own

• Is there a way to search users by name? I have a friend on here and I want to follow her but i dont know how to find her

• what ype og a girl does aa guy loves too be wid in relation? :O

• Overall I'm really happy with the updates! :)

The only thing I'm not so crazy about is the circular shaped profile pictures.

• Don't change too frequently would do
    I am fine with the updates

• I like this view, its a lot cleaner then the last

• I am not really comfortable with people seeing my age... I don't think it is safe for under 18's.

• Why is it not safe?

• Before, every knew you were under 18, now they just know the exact age.
      If you have issues with someone harassing you or speaking inappropriately to you, simply Block and Report them, we will take care of it.
      You can also make your profile private, and also block messages from everyone you're not Following.

• I wish we could hide our age from others

• More from Girls
    15

What Guys Said 25

• Hi I keep getting opinion notifications from this thread that was removed hours ago

Jamalbeblazen_420 Age: 22
    Just wanna confront a user? No other answers please?

It stays on non stop in my profile

• We're aware of some ghost notifications. This will be fixed in our next update. Thanks.

• Nice updates, GaG Team! I like the new look.

Especially adding a second pic per profile, so I can show my face on my profile & rotate my main avatar like I used to do.

Pokemon avatars? Maybe! :-P #BlastFromThePast

• The only thing I would add, is a button to be able to see the entire opinion that is being cycled in the "top 10 opinions"... instead of it being cut off after about 2 lines. :)

• The quote is clickable, it brings you to the question so someone can see the entire opinion.

• I don't like the real ages on anon posts. Defeats the purpose. And as mentioned, in your opinions you can see the real identity of an Anon QA.

• Ghost Notification is bad.

• I think better to give option to deleted some comments we given

• I was not sure at first but I like it.

• How can I change my age?

• Another person put the wrong age? LOL
      If you entered the wrong age when you signed up, you can send us a request to change it via Contact.

• No, iI didn't enter wrong age, but when I enter it is 2014 so I 24s, but now it is 2015, I guess I maybe 25s

• If you entered the correct birth date, the age will automatically change to the correct age on your birthday every year.

• Good job Karyn & team, appreciate it!

• I actually had not looked at profiles in ages, so this is news to me. Just looked and it's looking nice.

• I'd still like to edit opinions, my phone auto spell checks and sometimes I miss the words getting switched at the last second.

• This update is badass. Just one thing, I'm not 22 haha im 18

• I like the profile view, quite decent and professional. Good Job guys.

• It's turning more and more into a social media site... its like a fb lite. I might deactivate my account soon.

• Hhaha, what I like most is what mood you are in right now. I feel this can describe a person very good. That is, of course, if you are honest and are not trolling here like most of us do. hahah, lol

• My age is visible now!!! NOOOOOO!!! I CLAIMED I WAS TWENNI WAN!!!

• We need a theme song to express ourself too! When people open our profile, the song automatically play. It's nice to hear songs from different people since I needed new ones.

• Nice update. I think it's good.

• looks good. I've been wanting the option to add more pictures for a while now

• How do I change my age? That is not my real age.

• If you entered the wrong age when you signed up, you can send us a request to change it via Contact.

• MY LIFE HAS BEEN UPDATED HOORAY

• More from Guys
    5