What's New on G@G Street

What's New on G@G Street

We know you’ve noticed the new polished profiles! We wanted you guys to express yourselves in more ways, in new ways! We hope you spruce up your profile so that G@Gers can get to know you better, so they know who they’re talking to, who they’re sharing with and giving advice to.

You can (and we know you will) -

• Add another picture to your profile, a cover image. Whether it’s a picture of you, a picture of something funny or interesting, it still tells us more about who you are.
  • Add a mood text on that cover image. Tell us what you’re thinking, “update your status“, share your mood with the G@G world.
  • Add a new avatar, with more ways of shaping exactly what’s framed in the circle.
  • See your top 10 upvoted opinions randomly quoted.

Watch out for new Followers! We now let you know every time you gain a Follower, with a New Follower Notification telling you someone new has decided you’re interesting and worth Following!

When you check out your Following and Followers lists, you’ll notice it’s so much easier to read and thumb through now. You can find someone on your lists faster than ever before.

You spoke, we listened! When you look at profiles, or when you hover over G@Gers’ names to see more about them, you’ll see their exact age. This can help you tailor your advice, making you more undoubtedly more important.

Look around, see what else is new, play around with it.
Tell us what you think, share your opinions! We want your feedback and your suggestions, you know we always do!

3525

Most Helpful Girl

• Yet we still can't edit our questions/comments/opinions if we happen to make any typos or grammar mistakes... disappointed.

• @HeartsBloodDupre yeah. I've made this suggestion numerous times. Such as only being able to correct a specific amount of characters (so that people won't be able to change their posts entirely). Or, having some kind of mark on the post to note that it's edited, and if you click on it you can see the unedited version (Facebook has this exact feature).

• I'm happy someone else mentioned it... I wish they would change it so much!

Most Helpful Guy

• I do like the cleanliness of the update especially profile side, but i have two issues with the public side.
    first and foremost, the age thing. When there was a range, it gave kind of a buffer zone. Even with the range, there was still a little prejudice. like an over 35 getting an opinion from an under 18. Now that it is all specific and ages are out there, do you really think that in most cases a 40 year old would take an opinion from a 14 year old seriously? the opinion may be on point but the chances are pretty high that it won't be looked at with a little prejudice.
    secondly, a lot of people come on here to help others, not to be known about. If there were to happen, we have the message section for that to take place. I understand the logic behind knowing the person behind the opinion, but is it the person or the opinion/take/question that matters? (also we had that cute little short description thing too lol)
    It also just takes that air of mystery away, now we know all about the person, nothing left to the imagination anymore. Slow transition from a Q and A to Social Media in my opinion.

• They already didn't take "under 18" opinions seriously. I think this is more honest.

• I am with GAG on this one.

• @Mesonfielde @Take Owner
      It doesn't make it any better either. It was there before when one could only assume any poster's age, now, it narrows it down to specifics. A 14yr old with a pretty decent input could be assumed to be 16 or 17 (i know, not much of a difference), and this was when they even had the benefit of the doubt due to the ranges. Now the specific age perspective is out in the open, people can narrow it down and begin to judge the person's reliability rather than focus on the opinion given. We all know what people can be like.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 34

• hey so i think this new change is good overall, but i dislike the random quote thing. i think that could be replaced with a wall maybe, like the old version have. if people wanna leave something on there they can, and u can also have the ability to delete those posts if they aren't... well, pleasant lol.
    also, i'd like if we could have like a mini gallery, just like the old days. maybe 3 pics, rather than 1? =]

• I'm hoping it grows on me... the profiles feel overwhelming now. Lol I also don't like how weird my profile picture looks now but that's minor I guess. I do like that we can now see peoples' exact ages, that will be helpful when dealing with under 18 users. I honestly feel like the cover image and mood thing on profiles is trying to be too much like Facebook though. I think I will get used to it eventually though. Haha!

• I like that we can see ages. I think it will help people tailor their opinions toward the asker based on their age in a better way than before. I should let you guys know that when I answer an anon question, I can see who the asker is when I look on my personal opinion page.

• I love the new profiles. I was thinking about how I wanted profiles to be more unique and you bring it! I love that ages and good comments are shown too! The MHO being at the top makes it a lot easier. = Great work guys! ☺

• Overall I'm really happy with the updates! :)

The only thing I'm not so crazy about is the circular shaped profile pictures.

• I like the new way. I like that you can see peoples exact ages instead of just in groups. I never liked how it was age 25-34 and then 35+. I just wish for the filter system that there was a way to filter out age groups. A lot of the time I feel uncomfortable answering certain questions from under 18s. I know I can just hit the back button instead, but it would be great if that option was there. I almost once answered a sexual question from a 14 year old. If I hadn't read the other opinions and comments, I would have. It felt wrong to answer it.

• Hey GAG, I have a ghost message in my inbox. I got a notification and it was about me still not selecting MH on one of my questions.

I opened the message, but the notification ! is still next to my avatar. I opened my inbox over 10 times, but there are no messages there. Cleated the cache on both my phone and laptop, but this nuisance still persists.

• I like the updates so far! I don't know why some people don't. The only other thing I would have liked to be added is the ability to edit posts after they are posted. I'm always making typos.

• I am not really comfortable with people seeing my age... I don't think it is safe for under 18's.

• Why is it not safe?

• Before, every knew you were under 18, now they just know the exact age.
      If you have issues with someone harassing you or speaking inappropriately to you, simply Block and Report them, we will take care of it.
      You can also make your profile private, and also block messages from everyone you're not Following.

• I wish we could hide our age from others

• A new Profile for my new Title... I like it!!

• I'm good with the update but the quality of the display pictures are lacking, mine keep getting pixelated.

• It's good I think although I'm still exploring.. How do I disable or remove the "random quoted" displayed on my profile? I don't really like that idea..

• It's not removable at this time.

• Okay.. its random so I guess what i see on my profile will be different to others if they will visit on my profile?

• It changes, cycles through your top 10 most upvoted opinions.

• I really don't like the part where are real ages are shown. I understand people lie about their ages and stuff, but what about the creepers on this site?

• "what about the creepers on this site?" What do you mean? How does showing ages affect that?

• You really do have your birth date in your username. The creepers will be creepers no matter what you do, they already knew your real age anyways..

• Again, I already know that. I don't need it to be pointed out 17 times.

• i like the new features!.. nice job!

• Gonna check out the new features :)

• Now if there was a pop out chat window, that'd be great.

• ooo yay I get to add more personality to my page yay!! I love the ages, at first it didn't show me my notifications number but it fixed itself... yay I love it

• Me likey. Good job :)

• Everything is great... but GAG is a guy? lol jus kidding, if I was to actually picture GAG as a person, they would be male

• Hmm... I actually quite like the new updates so far! :D

• More from Girls
    14

What Guys Said 24

• I don't like the real ages on anon posts. Defeats the purpose. And as mentioned, in your opinions you can see the real identity of an Anon QA.

• It's turning more and more into a social media site... its like a fb lite. I might deactivate my account soon.

• I think it's a great update and I like the real ages however for annonymous posts I think the age should be completely hidden.

• I've good ideas which could be (really) beneficial for the site & will make it outstanding. How can I give you suggestions?

• I'd still like to edit opinions, my phone auto spell checks and sometimes I miss the words getting switched at the last second.

• You ruined my square avatar -.- .
    But jokes aside it seems a nice change across the board, not to keen on the random quote's being visible would be nice to select opinions ourselves we are proud off. As for the ages, thats a very big improment in my opinion.

• Hi I keep getting opinion notifications from this thread that was removed hours ago

Jamalbeblazen_420 Age: 22
    Just wanna confront a user? No other answers please?

It stays on non stop in my profile

• We're aware of some ghost notifications. This will be fixed in our next update. Thanks.

• We need a theme song to express ourself too! When people open our profile, the song automatically play. It's nice to hear songs from different people since I needed new ones.

• MY LIFE HAS BEEN UPDATED HOORAY

• Nice updates, GaG Team! I like the new look.

Especially adding a second pic per profile, so I can show my face on my profile & rotate my main avatar like I used to do.

Pokemon avatars? Maybe! :-P #BlastFromThePast

• The only thing I would add, is a button to be able to see the entire opinion that is being cycled in the "top 10 opinions"... instead of it being cut off after about 2 lines. :)

• The quote is clickable, it brings you to the question so someone can see the entire opinion.

• I actually had not looked at profiles in ages, so this is news to me. Just looked and it's looking nice.

• This update is badass. Just one thing, I'm not 22 haha im 18

• Hhaha, what I like most is what mood you are in right now. I feel this can describe a person very good. That is, of course, if you are honest and are not trolling here like most of us do. hahah, lol

• I was not sure at first but I like it.

• Good job Karyn & team, appreciate it!

• My age is visible now!!! NOOOOOO!!! I CLAIMED I WAS TWENNI WAN!!!

• How can I change my age?

• Another person put the wrong age? LOL
      If you entered the wrong age when you signed up, you can send us a request to change it via Contact.

• No, iI didn't enter wrong age, but when I enter it is 2014 so I 24s, but now it is 2015, I guess I maybe 25s

• If you entered the correct birth date, the age will automatically change to the correct age on your birthday every year.

• Nice update. I think it's good.

• looks good. I've been wanting the option to add more pictures for a while now

• How do I change my age? That is not my real age.

• If you entered the wrong age when you signed up, you can send us a request to change it via Contact.

• More from Guys
    4