This is an OPINION site... so it would only make sense that coming here, you are in the business of wanting to know opinions and wanting to give opinions.
Therefore, there are some obvious and simple things to watch out for, which should not be a surprise to anyone but unfortunitly isn't always the case.
- Your opinion will be criticized. If you don't like criticism then don't share your opinion. There is no requirement for an INVITE since this is a public opinion forum.
- Your opinion may NOT be right. If you can not accept that then don't share your opinion. Becoming irrate will not help your case.
- Someone pointing out that you are wrong does not mean they are being rude to you.
- Being rude to someone for having a different opinion, is childish and only proves that you have no ground to stand on. (You may need to learn the definition of what being rude is for those who think it means having an opposing view. )
- Attacking a persons by calling them Arrogant or Entitled, or saying things like "Stop running your big mouth" or "stop trying to boost your own ego" simply shows that you are immature and makes your argument weak. These are also examples of being rude to someone... Again for those who have trouble understanding that concept. ;)
- Blocking people for disagreeing with you is the internet equivilent of taking your bat and ball and going home. "Do what I SAY or I'm going home". This shows immaturity.
- Statistics are not golden. A lot of stats are fabricated, misinformed, or cherry picked. Therefore they require a little critical thinking and common sense. Who gathered the stats, how were they gathered, what was left out of the equasion? These are important factors.
- Shaming someone in an attempt to quite their opinion, is childish. It shows you are wrong and would rather shut them up than admit it. Shaming includes things like; name calling, attacking them as a person, or creating an absolute statement. Ex. "You're an idiot", "You must be ugly", "People who think that way are usually pedofiles".
- 5 seconds on Google will save you the embarassment of looking like an ass.
I am sure 90% of the people on this site are already aware of these ideas, but it has been my experience that there are a number of people who might need a little guidance. Let's all help remind them. :)