GaG Grammy Edition: Famous Songs You Didn't Know Were Written By Someone Else

This is the GaG Grammy Edition.

Remember to tune into CBS TONIGHT on February 8, 2014 starting at 8:00PM EST.

I have always admired songwriters and artists.

Here are some of my favorite songs that were written by an artist but was made famous by someone else.

Ryan Tedder - Halo (Beyonce)

Sia - Let Me Love You (Ne-Yo)

Richard Marx - This I Promise You (NSYNC)

Eric Bazilian - One of Us (Joan Osborne)

Dolly Parton - I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 1

• I just like that Neyo and Whitney song. Love Beyonce, hate Halo

• After listening to Sia's original of 'Let Me Love You,' how can you even listen to Ne-Yo's version on speed at 130 bpm?

Sia sounds like the contemporary popular version of Grace Potter.

What Guys Said 1

• @Thrifty Interesting myTake. What percentage of grammy songs do you think were actually written by the grammy winners?

• The singer/songwriter category is pretty pure in their craft, hence 'songwriter'.

John Mayer, Taylor Swift, and Ed Sheeran write their own songs, but most of the Pop hits are written by a songwriter but made famous by an artist/singer.

Also, artists collaborate in a round table writing session with the artist and a team.

Like Katy Perry writes her songs but with 3 other writers. Miley Cyrus's song 'Party in the USA' is written by Jessie J, Sam Smith's 'Stay with Me' was co-written as well by Jimmy Napes.

My dad said that some songwriters can't sing but some singers can't write. But singer/songwriters do both.

• Ryan Tedder, front man of One Republic writes his own material. Adam Levine, front man of Maroon 5 co-writes with Ryan Tedder.

• I have utmost and total respect for Sia whom has written for Rhianna and Britney Spears.

Her latest hits on her solo record Chandlier and Elastic Heart are addicting.