How do you know when to put your arm around a girl?

I think I'd wanna put my arm around a new girl before I kiss her for the first time--I'm too nervous to just go in for a kiss. I'd do it while we're taking a walk on the first or second date, while watching a movie, etc. Is it a good idea? And how do I know if she'd like that? How can I be sure... Show More

Any ideas at all would be helpful thanks : )

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree, if the date has been going well and you get the sense that she's comfortable around you. Just go for it. You could start with softly brushing her back. Often we women just wait around for the man to make the first move. We might try to walk close next to you or sit close, casually touching your arm ect ect.- hoping you'll make a move, That would be a great time to put your arm around her.

And if she doesn't like you touching her, you will know- if her body tenses up or she might even tries to squirm away.

Good luck :)