Why the hell are emo guys so attractive?

Girls say things like they want a want a guy with at least a molecule of masculinity in his system, then they turn around and hook up with emo guys. WHY?!?! I mean yeah okay guy with feelings yeah that's all good. But whiny little bitches who can't stop dwelling on the fact that their life is worse than everyone else's? Wtf.

I was actually more referring to the whole style aspect of it than anything else. I realize emotionally in tune males are somewhat of an attraction, and I get that. I was just kinda wondering why girls think it's hot when guys dress like them I guess...

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you know this "emo"? It's not his heightened emotions or clothing that attract women, it's probably his personality behind all the "emo".

Girls will like any sort of guy who is easy to talk to and can understand the girls thoughts and stresses, etc...

The only things girls at our age will reject someone for is social differences and appearances. To reject someone based on these things is a bit rude. But for example, will a male lion pick a mate with a broken leg over a healthy mate? No, it's nature, just with social bullsh*t on the side for us.

Also another example. You have an emo kid, he's all sad and depressed cause his mom is a drunk and his dads in jail, all that jazz. And this kid is hard to talk to for anyone, apart from his fellow dwellers.

And you got another emo kid with same sort of stresses and BS in his life but he can be socialized with and can.. talk.

My point is everyone is different and this guy got the girl because he's ...

Fuck it, you got the idea right?

• Heh aight good stuff, I get where you're coming from. Thanks for the overview man :).

GAG Video of the Day

Would you date someone younger/older/married?

What Girls Said 40

• Ok, #1 how old are you? If you were the least bit mature, you would realize that 'emo' is an old stereotype that no one uses anymore, because 'emo' is an underground way of life that comes from punk, a type of music.

#2. If you mean this guy wears tight pants, dresses in black and/or colorful clothes, has black hair and a fringe, etc etc etc, then it is kind of attractive to see a guy in what is stereotyped as 'girls clothes'. Skinny jeans are mostly stereotyped to girls because it shows off their curves, and their asses (pleasing to guys). Just the same that a girl in her boyfriends t-shirt and shorts/boxers is hot. Get the point?

#3. Masculinity. What do we mean when we say that a guy needs masculinity? It means we want the guy to be dominant, strong feeling-wise, and somewhat sensitive. (Ever hear of only the strong men cry?) We want them to show feelings without being whiny. If you think 'emo' guys are whiny, maybe look in the mirror. You're complaining about guys that probably don't even concern you because the girl's are probably going to do whatever the hell they want anyways.

• you got to be kidding me O.o

I prefer a guy who just wears a t shirt and some jeans and he isn't trying too hard to follow everyone else. I love my boyfriend just because he has his own style. he doesn't do emo. he's all man and he doesn't just follow what others are doing. every guy has their own style. every guy looks good in different things so I find that emo style actually annoying at times. I dont' know, maybe it's just me, same thing with girls who show half their bodies out to the whole world when theoretically and reality is, no one cares. it's just style and "expression" or just them liking to waste their money on clothes and trends that will die away probably in one or two years anyways.

I'm glad my boyfriend doesn't go for the emo look. I dont' hate or like it. Girls who are only after style, are kinda...shallow..

• They're not.

• I understand you completely! I have friends who just LOVE the emo/scene look and gross, it's definitely not for me. It seems like they're trying to hard almost and then they give off this superficial vibe, total turnoff...to me at least. And now that it's becoming "cool" to be emo/scene it's even worse. I definitely agree with you on that, I'd want to be with someone who can have fun and be happier, more optimistic per say.

:D

LOVE, LexxaLeigh

• I just like emo guys hair nothing else attracts me to them

More from Girls
35

What Guys Said 12

• The girls you know like emo guys because you're in high school, and most people in high school are only interested in how much someone looks like people they see on MTV.

Don't worry, it gets better after you graduate :)

• is mr. allstarthlete getting jealous?

• maybe the style in some cases, maybe otherss connect. but be sure that when you call others whiney bitches, and think you're cool, and listen to excessive rap (from my experience) and have an ego, (even if you don't realize it) most self-respecting girls wouldn't want to go out with you.

+ you need to relate well.

• lol emo?, bro your young, woman are retarded at your ages, jus bone em and wait till college...and if you don't you will end up being screwed Gauranted!

-str8

• Because they're feminine and the ladies can boss them around and tell them what to do?

More from Guys
7