Why does she treat me differently than her other guy friends?

She seemed quite interested in me, she even approached me eventually I asked her out. She told me she wanted to stay friends for now, but we could still go out but as friends. She always treats me differently than her other guy friends even before I asked her out. It seemed she felt awkward for lack of a better word around me. Before I asked her out she seemed to flirt but still seems to now but not as much or it is in a less direct way. It feels like she won't open up to me and will tell me things like a week later than the other guys. Before you say she is trying to push me away she was like this when we first met as well. She also introduced me to her friends who all like me, don't think you would do that if you wanted to distance yourself. After I asked her out there was a long time we dint see one another at all (because of Christmas break and exams), she had a chance there to distance herself. However when we got back she re initiated contact with me. Just being friends is killing me and she confuses the sh*t out of me as her behavior moves from hot to cold and back.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• if she's acting different she may be a little, I don't know the word, not freaked out but maybe a little uncomfortable knowing that she's been asked out by you. and some women assume if you asked her out, you'll always like her, so she's gonna act different.

• I think what I did wrong was wait too long because when I asked her I noticed her flirting less than she had before that point.

• she made me nervous that showed through, I would tease her touch her when I could, eye contact, if I seen her used to have a HUGE smile on my face, yeah I was not obvious about it but some of her friends & my own made comments that made it sound like they knew I liked her. I am sure she was flirting too

• before you asked her out did you show signs that you were flirting?

• Show Older

What Girls Said 1

• I think she is trying to figure out her feeling for you that could be the reason for the mood shifts.

• I don't know what to do about it because it quite un fair to me. for the most part my gut says she likes me but my head says she stringing me along. I have no idea what to do about it either

What Guys Said 1

• sounds like she doesn't want to date you but have you stick around, girls like guys orbiting them like little puppies. distance yourself, make her miss you if you want her, for some reason this works with girls.

• i don't know if I can avoid sitting with her in class because of lotta crap but I can stop hanging out with her after class. she has gotten upset when she can't have me and it was funny, I was hanging out with other girls and she tried to get me to leave them and go with her, I told her no she went to sit nearby and I would notice her staring at me from time to time

• then don't sit with her. make her think your upset with her because you are. you can't just let her string you along. make her want you. make it seem as though you are not into her anymore, girls want what they can't have.

• easier said then done she is in 2 of my classes and always sits with me even by some strange occurance we sit apart she will come talk to me and wonder if I am mad at her