Got her number... Now what?

So over the fall semester this girl has sat next to me in one of my classes. Usually she sat within arms length even though there was plenty of room for her to make space for herself. She also seemed to have a habit of adjusting her hair and on occasion I would see her looking my direction out of the corner of my eye and when I turned in her's she looked away.Today was the last day of our classes, so after most everybody had left I asked if she wanted to exchange numbers, adding: "maybe we can do something sometime." A half second hesitation before she said "ummm, ok"Now, other than giving me her number and the other things I mentioned, she's shown very little interest in me. I'm always the first to initiate conversation and those conversations usually don't last very long.So I'm wondering, am I missing something, misreading something, or just have the completely wrong idea?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• i had a guy in class like that to. not to discourage you but, I thought a lot of things clicked and maybe he liked me too. but when I finally told him I liked him. he said he had a girlfriend and I was crushing over him for about half a year to. try to reanalyze things, check to see if you are analyzing the whole situation a little too much. cause I know I was and if I thought little more, then I wouldn't have connected things like that. and in the end I'd know they were just coincidences or I was thinking wrong. or maybe she's just really shy. give her sometime. maybe she'll open up and see if you guys have anything else in common that you guys can talk about. call her, and hang out. ask if she wants to study or go grab a bite to eat. if she repeatedly rejects you. then you don't really have all that in common.

• Already did my homework in the signifigant other area, both of us are single. I'm figuring tomorrow I'll send her a text, I've got the better part of saturday to myself (which is rare) grab some lunch hopefully.And yeah, I figure if she rejects me continuosly then she's not interested. First time could just be bad timing, twice is pushing it and three times it's not going anywhere.Three strikes I'm out, that's my best idea.

What Girls Said 1

• It's hard to tell, the only way to find out is to call her. Girls are not always obvious when they like someone or could like someone. It makes the guys job much harder and thank goodness guys try! Call her and try to set up a date or something. If she is always busy when you call or doesn't return your calls ever, that's a hint that she's not into you.

• I don't see how guys can keep pushing for a girl that shows every sign she's not interested. Aside from being reserved, that's probably why I'm single lol. I'm just bad at picking up social cues and hints like that.

What Guys Said 2

• What are you reading? You said it yourself, she shows very little interest in you. Exchanging numbers with a classmate after an entire semester of casual talking is no big deal and doesn't really show anything. If you are interested in her, which you are, give her a call and ask her on a small date.

• Call her and do something fun with her, thatll get you to know each other better and you'll have a good idea if you two click or not. It always builds the relationship too, who knows where it can go!