Nice things girls want to hear?

Couple of exes, and my current ex, one way or the other, always tell me something to the extend of "tell me something nice"; normally I come up with something they did, or mention something I like about them, or give a compliment about their clothes, etc.

However, lately I'm just running out of ideas, so I wondered what are some nice things that girls always love to hear, no matter how old they get. Or what are some nice things guys have said to you that really had an impact.

For the guys---what are the nice things you tell your girlfriend?

Thanks!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Experts Said

Most Helpful Opinion

• * don't ever change.. you are perfect the way you are.

* being here with you is the only place I ever want to be

* you are gorgeous

* you have the most beautiful eyes they look like ( blue = the ocean; brown = chocolate )

* you're the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on

* I love your smile

* I love it when you laugh

anything that you think. don't lie about anything.. if you think she has eyes that look like the sun to you, then tell her that. and then tell her how much you LOVE the color or the sun. or if you love how something makes her look, like you think the shirt she is wearing is gorgeous on her.. then tell her that.

• Thanks...these are the type of things I was looking for!

What Girls Said 14

• start singing a love song to her

• If a guy tells me "You look really nice today/really good today/really pretty today" etc, it usually makes me smile (especially if I made an attempt to look nice that day). The little things go a long way.

• It really depends on the guy, because I find that many compliments are very "generic"-it's the specific ones that get me.

I am always a sucker for a guy telling me I have gorgeous or beautiful eyes.

I also like a guy telling me I'm cute.

Also if a guy tells me I'm very pretty, gorgeous, beautiful, or stunning. Things that are about beauty and not just "hot/hot body" etc. Sometimes you know a guy is just saying this to get with you, but if this isn't the case and the guy really means it I am a sucker for it.

I also like sexy. This is an iffy one, it can often come off as sleazy but if given in the right circumstances by the right guy it doesn't. For example, if he's trying to have sex with me it sounds like a cheap attempt, but one time a guy I know told me he thinks I'm really sexy (and it was just in a casual conversation, we never have hooked up and he wasn't trying to) and it flattered me.

There are also some very specific compliments that people wouldn't understand unless they knew the guy and the situation it was given in. I find that more personalized compliments always feel nicer.

• Your amazing and don't you dare change.

Your perfect.

I love you beautiful

I love your eyes they are amazing, they take my breath away.

Being here with you is the only place I ever want to be.

Hope this helps! :D x

• you're the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on

• One of the things that always impresses me is when a guy notices something. It isn't even really what he says but the fact that he noticed something different/new.

~'hey, your nails look great in that color'

~'your hair looks nice up'

~'when was the last time we went dancing sweetheart, those new shoes call out for a night on the town!'...ok, that's my dream line...lol

Really, just pay attention, that is the sexiest thing, knowing your guy looks at you and actually sees you.

• hmm one thing a guy friend told me that made me happy was

"you're an amazing person. everyone thinks that you're awesome. "

• A really nice and cute one is to tell them you've missed them. =)

• Personally I can't stand cheesy pick up lines or fake complements about my "beauty".

What really gets to my heart are things like, "Wow, your smile just brightens the room and it makes my day to see you light up" or "you're perfect just the way you are...I love you just the way you are" or "I love to hear you laugh, it makes me happy". The best complement comes from when the person doesn't expect it or demand it. Anything that makes the girl sound unique or special to you is amazing.

• ok you shouldnt' really be asking for this just tell her how ur really think of her and how you really feel don't just make stuff up don't tell her she has really pretty eyes if she doesn't 'dont tell her she looks pretty if she doesn't we want the truth we want to know what you really think

• Well you see the secret is this:

-first off, girls would prefer it if they never had to ask you to say something nice but then again there are lots of things you would prefer not to have to ask for either

(like beer, etc. haha)

-But the true secret is pointing out the littlest thing that you wouldnt even think to say anything about/notice. Such as...hey I like it when you paint your toe nails that color or you know I like it when you do/dont wear eyeliner...just little things that your friends would make fun of you for saying basically. Funny but true. Just remember that the reason she picks out that outfit and tries to look her best in the morning is still for you....so keep noticing or she might start wearing sweat pants to get a reaction ; ) Good luck.

• Just tell them how you feel about them. How you love the way they are, their personality not only their looks. Why you are drawn to them, what makes them so special. Don't neglect telling them about who they are not only how they look.

• Have to admit, your question made me giggle. "Need help being nice, runnin out of ideas" I donno. anyways do they really say "tell me something nice? Sounds like that person is either insecure, or trying to find out if you're into them. Try a gesture- get her a present for no reason. Instead of saying something do something. girls love surprises. I would rather a guy take me somewhere We've never been or have some kind of surprise rather than hearing the same boring BS

• I agree with allangel77. I do think it all comes down to who the woman is as a person and what type of love language she enjoys. It sounds like you have been with women who mostly enjoy "words of affirmation". No matter what type of woman you date she desires to feel cherished and that you genuinely enjoy being in the relationship with her. And like allangel77 said, only say what you truly mean, because its pointless to say something to get something in return and its empty. Just trust what you enjoy about your girlfriend and let her know often.

• Girls don't always need to be complimented... what we want is to feel like you are interested. so you don't always need to say something nice, instead you could kiss a girl on the forehead, or say "hey cutie" when you walk in the door. if your girl is stressed at work you could say "i can't imagine anyone else being able to handle what you do at work!" whatever you say, make sure it's from the heart. even if she is searching for a compliment, only say what you truly mean. girls can tell when you BS

What Guys Said 6

• Couple of things you need to do. Feeling words work, but like others said you have to mean them. Fake words..well come out fake. Google 5 love languages. Just because how you like to show love does not mean that she will receive them well. If you really like your partner, them really get to know them..deeply. For example, I showed my love by "doing things", whether it was painting a wall, stopping by the store and picking up an item, starting her car in the morning in the morning, etc. What I failed to see was she could do this stuff herself and did not place much value on it..what she really placed value on, was the out of ordinary hand hold, when she was on her way out the door to work and say "you look amazing", buying a book from her favorite author. I had to get in-tune to how she like to be loved , what I was doing was falling on deaf ears, even though I meant it deeply. If she is an emotionally healthy person, she will do the same now or very soon.

What you want to be cautious on is being overly co-dependent. You do no want to lose who you are in pleasing her. If something bothers you, goes against you values, hurts you, or makes you feel like a doormat, then speak up. Hiding these emotions subtly makes you pull away from her, you put walls up and close her off to your true emotions. Speaking up, discussing in a calm manner of how it made you feel, not only shows of a wrong done, but shows you are a strong person, confident person. And most healthy women are very attracted to this.

Lastly, do not try and fix her. If something is wrong in her life, whatever it maybe (besides catastrophic events), be there, and tell her you understand. Do not feel sad because she is sad. Be the strong person she is looking for and not the wet blade of grass she is trying to lean up against (this actually goes for females as well). For some of us males, fixing the problem is the what we have been brought up with. If you feel the need to help..then ask her. Say, I have some ideas on this if you want to hear them. Let her make the choice instead of you making the choice for her. How do I know this? I was a fixer, and it about ruined my marriage.

Hope this helps!

• You need to mean them if you want them to take real effect.

For appearance- I think compliments work best when they are not seen coming even whist you are saying it. For instance I said this once to a girl I really like and I didn't even expect to say it myself- you look so different, (she was like huh why what do you mean) I said...you have such a unique look about you, I could just look at you all day. Then she smiled and started talking to me. Damn I want her bad.

• Well you can always tell her how much you love her

or you can use this

*I love you more than anything in the world*

*you mean everything to me and I just can't let you go*

*I live for you and only for you*

*you're the best thing that ever happened to me*

*I'm so glad I found you*

*you're so gorgeous*

*April 2,2010(they day you met her or asked her to be your girl) the day I found a reason to live or the day I fell in love*

...I had trouble at my first brake up too but now I found my one true love and she's mine <3

tell me how they work for you.

• Nicest, sweetest things you can say are the truth, how you feel about her, what she I to you, what she means to you, why you love/really like her, typically females can tell when you're lying about that sort of thing, incase you plan on trying to fake or lie about anything. So my answer to you is the truth from the bottom of your heart. Because there is NOTHING more sweet or sexier than truth from the bottom of your heart.

• I think that if you are running out of ideas you both should do more things together, going to different places, do something different! And eventually new ideas will come up.

Is just my though.

Good luck!

• try comparing her to good thengs like a rose