Why do girls assume guys who play video games are losers?

Why do girls assume guys who play video games are losers? why are they so stupid? it's obviously not true.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 25

What Guys Said 7

• Selected as most helpful

Not true to an extent.

I know some guys who play wow. They are on that game 24/7! Until they have to go to work. When they come back from work, all they do is play some more. They're the most BORING people I've met in my life. They can't talk about anything else BUT video games, and they take it all so seriously! WTF

If they lose a ''battle'' they're depressed for days and keep trying to redeem themselves in the 'battle field' - a virtual battle field mind you.

When they actually get to meet girls all they do is talk about the games they've been playing and new cloaks and powers they got...they sometimes change the topic to bathroom humor (even MORE lame), and hanging out with them is basically a suck fest.

They truly ARE losers.

Now, I believe there are some guys who aren't that obsessed with video games, and I love them myself. I play Tomb Raider, Bloodrayne, vampire the masquerade, etc . . . and those are really fun games, but I don't really talk about them or obsess about my next mission moves. I have a life, and those games keep me entertained when I've got nothing better to do.

• I Don't because I love video games Like The Call of Duty Games Love Them And A lot Of Other Games

• cause most of them are...

• I don't, suggest something fun please!

• I don't. Don't assume things, my friend.

I'm a gamer too. It makes them hotter.

• I don`t think they are losers, but they do spend lots of their time living in a fantasy world instead of getting out into the real world (I mean those who play a lot). They often miss out without being aware because they are so consumed with sitting in front of a monitor and dreaming of another world, rather than getting off their butt and just living in their own world. I want a guy I can share life with, not one who is lazy and spends most of his time of his butt while I waste away bored out of my mind with watching him sit there. It`s just a huge turn off and I consider those guys lazy.

• Lots of girls love video games. There will always be haters for anything. Any girl that thinks you are a loser is a piece of scum. Not everyone dislikes people who play video games. I can't play video games for crap and I dated a guy that played COD with a headset. It's sorta dorky when he used to yell at the screen but I loved his dorkiness :))

• I would not think you were a loser, just someone I would have nothing in common with. I did date a gamer and he was just not my type. He was very introverted, socially awkward, loved to spend money on action figures but was super cheap about everything else. He was also just not physically fit. He had little skills in other areas. He just loved to play games, and get lost in his fantasies. For instance, he played Guitar Hero and dressed like a musician but had no musical talent. He was just overall in his own world and not spending much time trying to relate to reality.

• Why do you assume that all women believe guys who play video games to be losers? It's stupid and obviously not true.

• i love guys that love games, <3

• Because some guys are absolutly obsessed like other girls have mentioned. If you have nothing else that you're involved in, than yea you kinda are a loser because you can't connect with people who aren't part of the video game world.

I love video games, I used to play HLDM2 when I was 10 (kicked some serious booty) and I was able to develop social skills because I balanced my time and did other things like play sports :D

• I don't. I like playing video games myself.

• it's a waste of time if you're on it 5 hours a day. 1-2 hous is fine

• poor time management. I don't mind if they play but often once they start they won't stop for nothing.

• we don't automatically assume you are loosers, you just need to have a balance. someone who is CONSTANTLY playing games on their computer, even during class, is a loser, because they're not even talking to anyone at their table or anything. I have cool friends who love to play cod, and pokemon, but they know when to close the computer and when to just hang with friends. I guess that's the boundary line.

i hope I helped :)

• Its only if you spend ALL your time playing video games. If you have a normal social life and other interests - we're likely to think its normal.

In fact I love playing video games with my boyfriend. Anything from Halo to COD to Rachet and Clank.

If you have nothing else going on in your life, we're not really given a chance to think anything other than you have a 1D life and thus are a loser. Rude but true.

• I don't think taht's true. I just think some girls think it can be annoying if it takes up ALL of your time lol I used to play COD with my ex all the time..

• no we dont. only if that's all they do.

• it depends on how into the video games the guy is for an average girl to think he's a loser. if he just does it to pass the time when he's not doing other more socially interactive things or if he's doing it with his friends on guys night then that's totally acceptable and not loserish. if he is all wrapped up in it where he goes to conventions and that's like his social outlet or the reason he doesn't have a social life then yeah a girl would likely think of him as a loser unless she herself is also into the culture of video gaming then it's a match made in heaven until one of them decides they want a life outside of gaming and then it's probably gonna end as imo a lot of guys have addiction problems relating to these games.

• i play video games and watch Japanese animes and I check my facebook/youtube/twitter/msn daily <-- typical loser

i see nothing wrong with guys who play video games.. don't all guys play?

or maybe I have this opinion cause I have 3 brothers and I play with them sometimes

if someone can't accept you for something you are/like they don't deserve u

whoever might call you a loser is only calling you a loser cause they don't have the same intrests as you do and can't agree with it .. some people because just stereotype people according to their interests/hobbies

(please excuse any english errors if any :] english isn't my first language )

• both of are you smart allecs haha

• thank you for pointing that out, I definatley won't make the same mistake twice

• Don't mean to be a jackass but anime is the singular and plural, same for manga

• Haha, now do you see how many girls like playing video games!? =p

• Show More
  • No one that I know assumes that.

• If a girl doesn't know what Goldeneye64 is she ain't worth a damn ;)

• Thats how the media portreys it to people and I think the ones they consider losers are the ones who will talk about it whenver they can or something always reminds them of a game

• u ever see "doom"? its got my fav. actor, the rock, in it

• I can see how somebody could be labeled a looser if they spend over half of their free time playing video games. theirs more to life than beating one more level.

• That's one of the few things I like about women that they dislike about men. I can't stand video games anymore (frankly, they're for juveniles). So when you dinks are blasting away zombies in fantasyland, I'll be banging your girl LOL

• That doesn't make her a hypocrite lol.

• You can't even spell s-t-u-p-i-d. Hypocrite!

• Yeah...you just sound stoopid.

• i play video games daily...well usually, they assiciate it with losers because of the way movies portray them. They feel that because they play videos games they have no social life, well people who read or watch movies or TV all the time are they same way...why aren't they put in the "loser" light...

Anyways whoever it is that makes these assumptions needs ot realize video games are more than just geeky, they are strategic, fun, entertaining, hell I find more girls who play video gmaes now than I did 5 years ago...

just tell these people to go f themselves and mind their own business...its too bad people judge that way