Attractive In Real Life But Ugly In Photos

All it takes is as little as one internet photo, for a person to decide whether they will put forth the effort into speaking to you or not.

How many of you have snapped a photo only to realize that it is not an accurate reflection of how you look in every day life?

How many of you have to retake photos over and over just to get a decent one?

You are one of the many people that are un-photogenic.

When you glimpse at your photos, to no surprise you realize how much better you look in every day life than in a camera roll.

You wonder to yourself why do many make such a big fuss over online photos when a significant amount of people, look different in their every day life than in the picture that is being displayed.

On the opposing side of self, you've seen those who are absolute masters at taking the most amazing photos.

They have flawless make up, pose non-awkwardly, have the right lighting and angle, and usually are good at editing their photos to where it will look as if it were taken professionally.

Admirers are easily fooled into thinking, what you "see" is always what you will "get".

Who is really at a lost here, is it the person who is inaccurately displayed in photos or is it the person seeking another for romantic pleasure?

I always say,

If a person places such high accuracy in pictures and will completely disregard someone all because of a 5 second shot while opening the doors to someone who is "flawlessly beautiful", then who's the real superficial person here? This person is in for a huge shock when they officially decide to meet that person.

Similar myTake(s): Sexy Online Babes That Will Fool Men Into Thinking They Are Hot

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 35

But some people are quite the opposite. They look good in photos but look ugly in real life.

LOL.

• 2d

Damn girl you are like me. How the fuck I look completely different in pictures while in real life all girls love to stay near me. Only with very much light and some crazy angles I look like in mirror or real life... Anyway I don't use dating apps and I just keep 1 profile picture hahaha for anything fb, linkedin all social sites. As long as I do great in real life not interested in dating apps lol, even though I hate the fact that such an added bonus doesn't exist

• 14d

Most pretty girls I know have never taken a bad picture. Some girls will always look cute no matter what they're doing, even crying or something.

• 14d

I'm one of those people lol. Terrible pictures, but looks great in the mirror and in person. Maybe it's just my camera though lol

• 25d

bish slap of truth in that article!
    good job

I am definitely one of those who take selfies very rarely just for profile pics and things - I take loads looking at light and poses (not as bad as girls with knees up top) until I am comfortable with one (happy with would be a bit of a stretch)

I never take any of such photos seriously. I always maintain the the beauty of a girls face lies underneath her make up , not with it. Of course girls who use make up and take their photos look somewhat different and more beautiful than normal girls. But normal girls who are naturally beautiful don, t need to worry about them. They just have to love themselves more because they are naturals. sometimes I say to myself , "Beauty is not what you see , but what you feel." And when you don't have any good feelings towards these artificial girls , you know where the true beauty lies. I always go for the beauty of the heart because that tells me exactly how beautiful you are. If there is no beauty inside of you , the you are hollow. Cultivate your inner beauty. That is what is more precious in my opinion.

I am so not photogenic. Seriously. People tell me im hot, but I can't stand looking at pics of myself. If I show my abs it's because I truly believe it's sexier than my smile 😳

Not only do I live in London, but I also live on a busy main road full of wooshing cars. No matter how much effort you put into your appearance your hair will be a mess by the time you reach the first bus stop.

This is why I have to edit my pictures 354941 times before posting them.

i no the probs, some of us aren't photogenic and there's fuckall we can do about it. lol

I make it a point never to retake photos. Each one just looks worse than the one before even if they are just a day apart.

Beauty is totally up to the beholder. Im cursed with finding something good in every photo. :)

Hahahahahahahaaha

Very entertaining photos...

This is me, but to be fair a lot of the time (and I think this applies to most people with this problem) it's because of simple things like using a phone camera (no optical zoom/focus, selfie-effect messing up the nose), bad lighting, bright sunlight, being bad at fake-smiling for the camera, having a messy face and hair because it's hot as f*ck outside and/or you're tired, etc...

I propose that social media profiles and dating sites should use GIFs or short (2-5 seconds) videos instead of static pictures to level the playing field and give a much better representation of what the person actually looks like in real life.

this is me!

Lmaooooo

People say I look heaps photogenic in photos but most of the time, I don't LIKE them. :/

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 21

i am not so photogenic -_- so i can relate

• 7d

I get really disappointed when I look in the mirror and I think "damn, I look like a model!" Then I take a picture and my face looks like a melting potato

I'm ugly both ways

honestly, if you're happy with how you look in the mirror, it shouldn't matter how you look on photos.

oh gawd but I'm unattractive everytime everywhere.

Same, I swear I look better in everyday life haha

This right here 👏👏, I'm not photogenic at all. It's hard to take pics for me. My sister though, my twin is very photogenic. I'm like 🤔(in my Kanye west voice) "how"?

Haha funny pics

I used to do nude modeling and that's the difference between a professional photographer who knows light angles and what the camera shows versus an amateur. So you are exactly correct Stacy, you can be very attractive in real life but take terrible pictures. It is the photographer's fault

Same here, I'm not photogenic

just ugly. Hence half of your face.

@Jamesol1 Bye means bye... punk ass little bitch

Lol dementia is calling it wants your *** back... Lol deminstia is calling it wants your *** back... Lol deminstia is calling it wants your *** back...

How many times do i have to repeat it?

I know what you mean, I take about ages trying to reposition myself and change my face angle to make my pictures look not so horrendous, when actually in the mirror I think I look pretty good.

Then after about half an hour of repositioning, I no longer have the will to smile so I end up with a selfie of me looking half dead and pissed.

Hahahaha, that's so me. I typically can't take photos to save my life.

Im usually incredibly unphotogenic, if there's ever gonna be a picture of me i usually have to take it myself, even then it looks awful 70% of the time lol. But in the mirror I just look great for some reason and I don't know why. It sucks :( but in actuality its better to look better in real life than in pictures only :)

So accurate, most people are more attractive in real life than in picture, I'm unphotogenic too.

A lot of the good pictures I take of myself are accidental lol.

I look ugly in real life and in photos.

Some people are photogenic some are not. Wider set eyes and flatter, balanced features, with some nice facial angles thrown in photograph the best,

very true, flatter faces look better in photos while forward grown faces in real life. That being said, adriana ma'am, ur a goddess both ways with those perfect almond green coloured eyes and tanned glistening skin and perfect bone and body structure of yours, damn, did they create you in a lab XD?

They said that about Miley Cyrus and Mila tons of other celebs I disagree with. There's no such thing as the most beautiful. This is a huge world.

True. Its subjective.

Haha this is true! I look DISGUSTING in pictures. But, then i start to question, do photos really make us look different or is the mirror just lying lmao!! Who knows.

No, it's not lying. Put someone else in front of a mirror and you'll notice. The only difference is that mirrors flip the image: so your left side of the face is actually the right side of the face in real life, but that doesn't change the way we look

Omg thanks for making this mytake! I feel so much better now because I know I'm not the only one! Whenever I take pics I look really really bad in them and then I look in the mirror and I'm like okay I look good but then I take a pic and it turns out horrible :/
    People have also told me I look better in perosn

In photographs, I look like a boiled gargoyle that's been floating down river for a few days.
    In real life, I'm a pretty gargoyle.
    *cries into pillow*

• More from Girls
    1