Attractive In Real Life But Ugly In Photos

All it takes is as little as one internet photo, for a person to decide whether they will put forth the effort into speaking to you or not.

How many of you have snapped a photo only to realize that it is not an accurate reflection of how you look in every day life?

How many of you have to retake photos over and over just to get a decent one?

You are one of the many people that are un-photogenic.

When you glimpse at your photos, to no surprise you realize how much better you look in every day life than in a camera roll.

You wonder to yourself why do many make such a big fuss over online photos when a significant amount of people, look different in their every day life than in the picture that is being displayed.

On the opposing side of self, you've seen those who are absolute masters at taking the most amazing photos.

They have flawless make up, pose non-awkwardly, have the right lighting and angle, and usually are good at editing their photos to where it will look as if it were taken professionally.

Admirers are easily fooled into thinking, what you "see" is always what you will "get".

Who is really at a lost here, is it the person who is inaccurately displayed in photos or is it the person seeking another for romantic pleasure?

I always say,

If a person places such high accuracy in pictures and will completely disregard someone all because of a 5 second shot while opening the doors to someone who is "flawlessly beautiful", then who's the real superficial person here? This person is in for a huge shock when they officially decide to meet that person.

Similar myTake(s): Sexy Online Babes That Will Fool Men Into Thinking They Are Hot

2847
Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Damn girl you are like me. How the fuck I look completely different in pictures while in real life all girls love to stay near me. Only with very much light and some crazy angles I look like in mirror or real life... Anyway I don't use dating apps and I just keep 1 profile picture hahaha for anything fb, linkedin all social sites. As long as I do great in real life not interested in dating apps lol, even though I hate the fact that such an added bonus doesn't exist

Most Helpful Girl

• I get really disappointed when I look in the mirror and I think "damn, I look like a model!" Then I take a picture and my face looks like a melting potato

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 46

• Posing in photos is an art. Minor changes make major difference.

• I know right?
    I take a photo, and it looks horrendous, then I decide, that's it! I don't care about photos, I know I look good in a mirror.

Then I go to the mirror and realize I look even worse than I did on the photo :\

• This is me, but to be fair a lot of the time (and I think this applies to most people with this problem) it's because of simple things like using a phone camera (no optical zoom/focus, selfie-effect messing up the nose), bad lighting, bright sunlight, being bad at fake-smiling for the camera, having a messy face and hair because it's hot as f*ck outside and/or you're tired, etc...

I propose that social media profiles and dating sites should use GIFs or short (2-5 seconds) videos instead of static pictures to level the playing field and give a much better representation of what the person actually looks like in real life.

• I never take any of such photos seriously. I always maintain the the beauty of a girls face lies underneath her make up , not with it. Of course girls who use make up and take their photos look somewhat different and more beautiful than normal girls. But normal girls who are naturally beautiful don, t need to worry about them. They just have to love themselves more because they are naturals. sometimes I say to myself , "Beauty is not what you see , but what you feel." And when you don't have any good feelings towards these artificial girls , you know where the true beauty lies. I always go for the beauty of the heart because that tells me exactly how beautiful you are. If there is no beauty inside of you , the you are hollow. Cultivate your inner beauty. That is what is more precious in my opinion.

• But some people are quite the opposite. They look good in photos but look ugly in real life.

• If you looks good in either only pictures or mirror, you should be grateful. There are some people who doesn't look good at picture, in mirrors and in real life.

• Most pretty girls I know have never taken a bad picture. Some girls will always look cute no matter what they're doing, even crying or something.

• Not only do I live in London, but I also live on a busy main road full of wooshing cars. No matter how much effort you put into your appearance your hair will be a mess by the time you reach the first bus stop.

• Very entertaining photos...

• LOL.

• I have this problem. In real life, even though a lot of people might dislike my general appearance, I do come across as nice, honest, thoughtful etc. I have to take like a million selfies to get one where I don't look like some total serial killer or rapist or something, and that's just to my eyes. Others might still feel I look that way, I don't know.

• I know what you mean. Without being conceited, I like my face when I see it in the mirror. But when it comes to photos, even selfies, I hate my face. Even before taking the photo on my phone I can tolerate my face. But once the click has happened, nope.

• I am definitely one of those who take selfies very rarely just for profile pics and things - I take loads looking at light and poses (not as bad as girls with knees up top) until I am comfortable with one (happy with would be a bit of a stretch)

• for some reason one of my eyes blinks faster than the other one. But in real life it's so settle its unnoticeable.

• I'm one of those people lol. Terrible pictures, but looks great in the mirror and in person. Maybe it's just my camera though lol

• i look good in some photos and i had shown one of them to a friend and he was like, i look like a completely diff person in that one which means i look ugly in real life too but then in my defense i had bloated up and got a buzzcut since that photo (i have a good jawline and a rectangular face, so both those things take at least 3-4 points away from me)

• and people are so delusional here including OP, photo is the actual representation of how u look not the mirror and i'll tell u why, because the camera lens is positioned like the lens of the viewer's eye. The mirror inverts your image. Also, looking in the mirror, ur conscious of your expressions and positioning your facial muscles subconsciously to look good, not so with the camera.

• @ikterikhairmangdi Yeah but one side would still be better than the other? Is it better to look better on one side of your face or something?

• lol no, assymetry should be as less as possible

• I am so not photogenic. Seriously. People tell me im hot, but I can't stand looking at pics of myself. If I show my abs it's because I truly believe it's sexier than my smile 😳

• Hahahahahahahaaha

• Yeah, I know this - 90% of photos catch me frowning or generally looking like an angry mf - when I see myself in the mirror and when people comment there's this super cute picture - go figure...

• Same, i look good in person, not so much in photos, same with my voice lol good in person, nasel like in recording plus lighter sounding then it actually is

• More from Guys
    26

What Girls Said 27

• Hahahaha, that's so me. I typically can't take photos to save my life.

• Im usually incredibly unphotogenic, if there's ever gonna be a picture of me i usually have to take it myself, even then it looks awful 70% of the time lol. But in the mirror I just look great for some reason and I don't know why. It sucks :( but in actuality its better to look better in real life than in pictures only :)

• I know what you mean, I take about ages trying to reposition myself and change my face angle to make my pictures look not so horrendous, when actually in the mirror I think I look pretty good.

Then after about half an hour of repositioning, I no longer have the will to smile so I end up with a selfie of me looking half dead and pissed.

• In photographs, I look like a boiled gargoyle that's been floating down river for a few days.
    In real life, I'm a pretty gargoyle.
    *cries into pillow*

• i am not so photogenic -_- so i can relate

• A lot of the good pictures I take of myself are accidental lol.

• I've always felt that I'm unphotogenic but I'm not really sure if I am. I think I look really gross in most of my photos but some of my friends say I look great sooooo now I'm not sure.

• Some people are photogenic some are not. Wider set eyes and flatter, balanced features, with some nice facial angles thrown in photograph the best,

• very true, flatter faces look better in photos while forward grown faces in real life. That being said, adriana ma'am, ur a goddess both ways with those perfect almond green coloured eyes and tanned glistening skin and perfect bone and body structure of yours, damn, did they create you in a lab XD?

• They said that about Miley Cyrus and Mila tons of other celebs I disagree with. There's no such thing as the most beautiful. This is a huge world.

• True. Its subjective.

• biggest problem :D

• This right here 👏👏, I'm not photogenic at all. It's hard to take pics for me. My sister though, my twin is very photogenic. I'm like 🤔(in my Kanye west voice) "how"?

• Same here, I'm not photogenic

• just ugly. Hence half of your face.

• @Jamesol1 Bye means bye... punk ass little bitch

• Lol dementia is calling it wants your *** back... Lol deminstia is calling it wants your *** back... Lol deminstia is calling it wants your *** back...

How many times do i have to repeat it?

• So accurate, most people are more attractive in real life than in picture, I'm unphotogenic too.

• My cousin is prettier in the pic so she always takes 3-5 each day. We used to be very close until she takes selfies. She left me for that phone TT_TT
    I miss her but I can't do anything

• Well written and funny, nice! But yeah, the photogenic life did not choose me.

• me too in selfies i look great, in back camera when someone takes pics of me i always get ugly LOL how come?

• honestly, if you're happy with how you look in the mirror, it shouldn't matter how you look on photos.

• Both haha I don't look good in pic or real life haha not ugly just average :)

• I'm ugly both ways

• I look ugly in real life and in photos.

• oh gawd but I'm unattractive everytime everywhere.

• More from Girls
    7