Why I Am Not Going To Marry

People always assume that when you are at a certain age, you should look forward to dating/courtship/engagement/marriage/sex/babies/family life. Well, I decide that I will stay single for the rest of my life.

1. Sex

I am convinced that I am an aromantic asexual. I experience no romantic or sexual attraction to anyone. In my entire life, only one guy expressed interest in me and asked me for my phone number, but I didn't reciprocate. At the time, I didn't understand why a random stranger who stalked me wanted my phone number. I asked why. He said I looked attractive. I thought he was being a creepy stalker.

Online, one person reports nudity is enough to trigger sexual arousal in a young male. I don't think I have ever been sexually aroused or "horny", even when I see someone naked. Though, to be honest, I have never seen anyone naked before. Sure, there is online porn, which features a lot of naked people, but I always end up thinking, "So, this is arousing to someone? People have no qualms about STD transmission? Where are the condoms? Is that a real penis? Why do people like to shave their pubic hair? Do people seriously get aroused when they engage in unprotected sex?" So, I'm not aroused by naked people in porn.

Given that sexual arousal is required for coitus, I think there is no point for me to be in a primarily sexual relationship. I may get a pass in a sexless relationship. On the other hand, I'd rather not enter any relationship with a male, because of Number 2 below.

2. Babies

If I were male and happen to be in a relationship with a female partner, then I would welcome the prospect of children. At least I don't have to be the one who carries a child for 9 months. But because I am female, having a male partner means I have to be the one to carry the child for 9 months. Plus, I would have to be extremely careful with what I do with my body, because EVERYTHING I do will eventually affect the health of the baby. If the baby is defected, then the defect is my fault, and I will have to support a baby that will never be able to support itself. After the birth, I will have to take care of the child, which leads to Number 3.

3. More Responsibilities

Having a child is a big responsibility, and there may or may not be any beneficial return. A parent is scrutinized and judged by others for parenting practices. A parent must provide more than just food, water, shelter, and social interaction; the parent must provide education, healthcare, toys, diapers, and et cetera. And all these responsibilities occur at once! I'd rather take care of a pet fish and work my way up to higher-maintenance animals, like turtles and hamsters and rabbits and cats and dogs. Then, if I have some spare time and money, I may adopt a child. I think adopting a healthy child is much more preferable for me than having a baby without knowing the risks.

4. Less Money For Me

The prospect of having a significant other and children means less money for myself. I am too greedy and selfish to share resources with another human being. Keeping a pet is different. The pet is expected to respect you. In contrast, I have spoken with some older people who are currently raising teenagers. They say that children respect parents at a young age, but when they become teenagers, they start to rebel and then as they turn into adults, they start looking up to their parents again. Dogs and cats are bred to have a mild temperament, and they will always love you because you'll the one giving them tasty treats. Also, dogs can't eat chocolate. So, all the chocolate is MINE!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 28

• 25d

Personally, I think anyone who calls themselves "asexual" without ever having tried to be even remotely sexual has no real basis to make any such decision. Not saying this applies to you; just a general statement.

• 25d

1. it's not a decision. 2. In a sexualized world like this, every asexual person has tried or thought of being sexual at least once but it just didn't feel right. We would've not came to that conclusion if we never did.

• 20d

@shessoheavy It isn't the same statement at all. Asexual is the absence of a stirring while any other form of sexuality means you're at least tuned in to SOMETHING. Just because you've avoided romantic contact your entire life doesn't necessarily make you "asexual;" that's all I'm saying.

• 19d

Well ya avoiding romantic contact does not make someone ace. Asexuality is defined by a lack of sexual attraction, you don't find people sexy. Technically, a prostitute could be asexual. As a virgin could be bi. Sexually is not determined be sexual actions, but by whom you are sexually attracted to.

I have discussions about asexuality often, as I am an out asexual. The problem with this line of think is that it typically knows no bounds. "Your a virgin how could you know, you have only had sex with a guy how could you know, you are too young, you just have not had good sex, blah blah blah". Those that want to try to invalidate find a way. However, it is always something we have already heard and it is something that we have considered long before coming out.

• 23d

Good luck with that.

• 24d

It's nice to see a woman talk about this whole "Never getting married" thing we have going on. Part 1 is a strange to me. You got absolutely no sexual urge? Not even when by yourself?

• 25d

In other words your young have no real knowledge on the subject and you want your lineage to die with you.

• 25d

I find the importance of lineage is just like everything else, another bunch of coping mechanisms, and delusions. It only mattered or has value if you really absolutely desire to have it and want it, or feel that you really need it or if it was important to you at all. It's different for everyone. Different goals and different priorities, each to their own. I can understand that people with a decent amount of fortune, wealth, maybe special skills, or position and authority would want to pass any or all of those things onto someone and have them inherit any of those things. Having a heir to pass on to, especially for positions of power like royalty for example. But aside from those things, it's usually because people fear loneliness, or that they fear the lack of support and care from someone when and if they reach old age or end-of-life. I guess that's just how it is, people want to pass something on, merely because they are afraid that once they are gone, that they will become

• 25d

Not true.

• 24d

Since she's a woman her lineage is going to die with her anyways...

• 18d

Doggs can eat chocolate, my dog did.

• 18d

Married people are wealthier than...

Clearly this has nothing to do with money.

• 22d

Me neither, also ace aro

• 22d

Sounds like a win all around.

• 23d

You have thought it out so well done for that - I would just leave at keep an open mind, you never know where life will take you - Some or all or none of those points may change

• 23d

Good choice! At least you know what you don't want...

• 23d

Usually, people who claim to be asexual are people who can't get laid.

• 24d

do us a favor and please dont!!

• 24d

so you are selfish lol

• 24d

Asexuality/aromantic, self-defense mechanism.

• 23d

So is ignorance

• 18d

I know what you are saying, I am saying that you are wrong and you have no basis for your opinion that is not based on opinion. In the real world unlike in house, asexuality is not a problem and thus does not have a solution. Asexual people that attempt to "cure" themselves in the medical and psychological fields are unsuccessful. Your opinions on the matter are based on just that - opinions, whether they are your own, another's, or fictional characters'. My opinion on the matter is based on research Albeit limited, and my own life experience. Now if you have anything other than another's opinion on the matter or silly gifs then let's hear it. Otherwise let's move on; I can go about being a happy healthy asexual considering donating sperm, and you can go about believing your irrelevant and baseless opinions. meanwhile, the asexual movement and community will continue to grow until all have heard of us. Like it or not, we are going nowhere. 😜

• 18d

@shessoheavy Well, it seems we have reached the inevitable impasse. Good convo. Of course. I never claimed to have empirical proof one way or another.

• 24d

Lots of judgy ignorant people in the comment section. Good for you.

• 24d

Well that's some great reasons not to if you ask me, lol.

• 24d

"aromantic asexual"
    There you go again, with that made up BS

• 24d

You've never heard of those terms before? you gotta get out more.

• 23d

It's not made up. Sorry to burst your bubble but not everyone is heterosexual.

• 23d

@echoaj oh I've heard them before, doesn't mean its not some fairytale special snowflake shit

• 24d

enjoy a lonely life then. You won't get to experience what most people would consider a good life.

• 24d

Honey I believe you have issues

• 24d

Honestly, you sounds extremely irresponsible and childish with your points. The only one that stands any ground for reason is number 1.

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 8

• 3d

good reaosons

• 4d

thanks for sharing ur thoughts

• 24d

You could have stopped at number one: you're aromantic asexual - if that's even an adjective - so not fit to a marriage nor even a relationship. Period.
    The rest is irrelevant.

• 24d

But I will add that you sound perfectly normal if not just misguided with today's society.
      If you were really asexual, you wouldn't even be talking about babies and porn. If you were aromantic, you wouldn't even be talking about relationships and adopting babies.

• 23d

@shessoheavy that's the same as brotherly love or finding a best friend.
      Frankly I don't even understand the meaning of aromantic. Are you saying you cannot and will not fall in love, ever, ever? How can that even be?

@Asker
      Surely they had romance at some point? And love making potentially strengthened their bond throughout the years. Still not the same as being aromantic or asexual.

• 23d

The definition of aromantic is not experiencing romantic attraction. Like how straight men don't fall in love with men, and gay men don't fall in love with women. Aromantic people don't fall in love with either. You can still want a life partner though, as I said. Which yes is platonic, but also the most important person in the world to you. So, it has some relative importance when compared to romantic relationships

• 24d

#2 is not completely correct. Genetic disorders can be passed on by both the mother and father and technically both or 1 of them would have to carry the gene of this disorder or defect. Now if you do drugs or drink while pregnant then whatever defect or disorder you baby has will be your fault.

• 24d

I apply for numebr 2,3 and 4 . Those are the reasons I will never marry either but the list should include another ítem. Not having a current guy to hang out or even to get to know or a boyfriend or a fiancee.. So another reason why a person are not going to marry is until you find someone to marry to, someone you know for years and respect each oither and communicate each other and are partners and Friends, etc etc, Without that special person for you and thath special person for him or her is not possible to marry either, cause you won't marry a "an invisible person" LOL!!!

• 24d

I am in a relationship... but I never plan to marry again. I like my freedom

• 25d

Wow, some women out there... scare me

• 25d

You can make lots of money with children. It depends how you want to live you're life.