Why do women feel it is OK to hit their boyfriend or husband?

I've been hit by several different women in my past, I never hit them back. But I've always wondered this why do they feel that it is acceptable to do so, but it is not for a man. I'm sure I'll hear that a man is much bigger so he shouldn't. I agree. But it still hurts to get smacked in the face by anyone. I saw a question earlier that made wonder after reading some of the women's responses.

I did break up with, I'm not about to be smacked around . I read a question earlier that a few women said that a man should not defend himself if a women is hitting him that he should walk away because he could hurt her. That got me wondering why they thought it was OK for her to hit the guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I admit sometimes, if I'm VERY close with a guy, I'll punch him occasionally when we tease each other. But I don't punch hard, I don't do it out of anger, and I never, ever hit their face (or groin).

I assume you're referring to girls who hit their boyfriends during an argument or something? I don't know why some girls do that. That's not okay, though, for either gender. If a girl hits a guy, I don't think he should retaliate, just because escalating violence is never the answer. But he should definitely break up with her.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 7

• Why do women feel it is OK to hit their boyfriend or husband?

Probably the same reason why guys feel it is OK to call gals sl*ts and not themselves. That reason being double standards and thinking since it's easier for the other gender it's unacceptable and since it's harder for their gender it's acceptable as in it's easier for a guy to cause damage to a gal so it's 'bad' while it's harder for a gal to cause damage to a guy so it's not 'bad'.

• It's not OK to hit him unless it's playful and gentle and he thinks it's funny. If she's hurting him, then it's abusive and she has issues.

• Well that depends on the woman. Personally I don't think it's right, I wouldn't lay my hands on a man because even if he wouldn't hit me back, I shouldn't hit them either. That should be mutually understood. Some women hide behind hitting a man and saying, "You can't hit me! You're a man!" Those are the huge cowards who have to hide behind being physical to try to be heard.

• I think girls take advanteg of the fact that a guy wouldn't hit her back. so they want to empower themselves and punch the guy. its really dum actually.

• ! This drives me CRAZY!

My sister thinks it's alright to hit her boyfriend!

• hitting someone regardless of gender is never okay.

• I don't think it's right at all. I think it is unacceptable for a woman to hit a man.

What Guys Said 2

• Why would you put up with it? If she hits you, kick her ass to the curb. They have no right to lay their hands on you. It's f***ing disrespectful at best.

• I didn't put up with it both were gone shortly after. I read a question on here today where a few women said that a man should not defend himself when a women hits them that they should walk away because they could do damage to her. Thought that was a bit hypercritical.

• I restrained them both times it has happened to me, the second time happened in a bar and she made a big scene when I grabbed her to keep her from hitting me. That's when everyone turned to look and I took a lot of flack from people that night about that's not how you treat a lady. They didn't see her punch me in the throat. That was the end of that relationship.

• Eh well I don't care. If some girl keeps coming I'm going to defend myself. I find most guys punches to be soft to, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let someone beat on me. It's instinct to defend yourself and neutralize the attacker. Doesn't matter who it is.

• why didn't you break up with them right away?

• then those few women that answered that question were stupid