Would you be OK with an open marriage while pregnant?

Guys: Your wife is pregnant & you aren't attracted to her anymore (which is normal) or maybe she's unwilling (hormones) or she can't (bed rest/high risk pregnancy) but you're a man with needs. You, as a human being and man, want to feel needed, desired, appreciated and loved physically. She of course wouldn't sleep with anyone, but you would be allowed to. No repercussions. Yay or nay?

Girls: Your husband isn't attracted to you anymore while you're pregnant or maybe you just aren't up for it anymore (hormones) or maybe you can't physically (bed rest/high risk), would you be open to letting him be intimate with other women? Keep in mind, it's purely physical and will end once you've given birth and have healed. Yay or nay?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be down for this.

What Guys Said 8

• Unequivocally, nay. I would never under-appreciate my woman, whom, following our plan to become pregnant, is carrying my unborn child by sleeping with another. My needs would be second, third and fourth fiddle in comparison to the needs of my family. I would be more content if I held out and waited for her.

• Hmm personally I'd like to say yes. Physical needs are needs, however I could not deal with the thought of her having sex with another man so would probably refrain. The fact that she is carrying my child would attract me to her, and I'd be able to settle with less then sex (ie HJ or BJ if she is up to it)

• Like I said, she wouldn't have sex with any one else

• I understand that, but it's the principle, for instance if I were to stop satisfying her sexual needs the precedent would be set that she would be allowed to fuck other men.

• That's kinda messed up. I mean she's carrying the husbands baby, right? it doesn't say in the question description that it's the husbands baby.

Isn't that act of doing this whole shpeal kinda strange? I mean if that's what she wants I guess it's cool if you wanna do it too. Aren't there are people that are being under appreciated though? She is carrying a baby and that is a sign of respect if she wants to carry it. and that should be respected.

I can't wait to see what next question will be haha.

• Nay. I can't even fathom the idea of stepping out on my marriage.

• Can't say I would do it I mean she's carrying my child I'm not gonna sleep around lol. Sounds kinda scummy.

• I have a problem with the premise of this question. There is a built-in assumption that pregnancy = low female sex drive = husband's loss of interest (no it is NOT normal). Some of the best sex I've ever had with my wife was when she was pregnant. That said, I have no problem with open marriages for whatever other reasons. This just isn't really a valid one. If it's a hormonal issue or ordered bed rest, that's one thing, but certainly not enough of an excuse to begin a temporary open marriage.

• I have a thing for pregnant chicks...so I was happy as a clam for those few months. And I married for better or worse, not just until something better comes along.

• Nay. Are you for open marriage?

What Girls Said 7

• No, I personally am not okay with cheating, period. No matter what the circumstances are. Especially in marriage where you have vowed to love and respect each other, I wouldn't ever disrespect and hurt him that way I expect the same in return. That's like saying, would he be okay if I slept around while he figured out his erectile dysfunction on his own.

I also feel (again just a personal opinion) that making the decision to have a child together comes with obvious sacrifices. For the rest of that child's life they will be the first priority. They will endlessly need you and want things. As adults you have accepted that responsibility when you chose to conceive it. For argument's sake lets say it wasn't a planned pregnancy, I personally don't feel that's a legit excuse to just be carefree about it.

Anyway, it all starts with the pregnancy and I feel my husband should be helping me or just being supportive at that time, not focusing on his own needs so much that he needs to seek someone else out.

I think he can show a little self control and again, respect for me as I carry the our child and respect for our relationship.

However this is just how I personally feel about it. I know some people are okay with open relationships in general and that's an entirely different situation. That would be their decision and I think its fine as long as both people are truly okay with it. Who am I to say anything, its not my place.

• Definitely nah! Shows huge lack of respect & love! Shows how immature, and selfish you really are - wow and you only have less than 9 months to becoming a father! Once a father, a good one, your needs should never come before your child's. I feel bad for your wife, realizing once pregnant what a jerk you are! FYI there are plently of ways to be close & intimate with out actual sex & feeling wanted & needed - hello carrying your baby isn't enough for you? Better question here is what is wrong with you that you can't go a little while without "needing" sex...if that's not a cry for help!

• I sorta wish you'd attached a poll to this...

Be interesting to see what the "silent majority" thinks.

• NNNNAAAAYYYY! Woman! OK I speak solely through experience. I was recently with child and had no type of desire for anything remotely sexual. I was also high risk on top of everything so sex was exiled from my life lol. I told my husband to fool around since I didn't want to fulfill my duties but he refused because he felt that I would throw it in his face later, which I prob would. I knew I would think this way: I'm fat as hell and this guy probably is fucking some hot skinny bitch and I'm all going to be stretched out and ugly..blah blah blah.Your'e going to feel like shit if he does it. What if he ends up falling for someone and you end up a single mom? Just because he couldn't sacrifice a few months for the well being and happiness of his wife who deserves nothing but respect and admiration for allowing me to spread my seed. You wouldv'e provoked it.There's no need to get to this drastic measure hun. God Bless you and your new family, Good luck and I hope that child is surrounded by love, protection and happiness.

• Nope. I'm not for open marriage.

Just because you are pregnant and might not want sex, it is not a reason to go see other women. I know that if it turns out I don't want sex (let's hope I'll want tons of it), then I'll take care of his needs myself. Pregnancy must be difficult mentally, I would not imagine that my boyfriend would go for other women because of that.

• No. that's selfishness on his part. He knows that his wife is pregnant and need support from him. Better not tell her all those thing but I wouldn't tolerate such that thing especially on her condition.

• No. You can wait 6-9 months until the baby arrives.