A guy says "hey woman" in the same context someone would say "whats up" or "hey man"

Ladies is this somehow derogatory? Buddy saw a text and said its bad thing to say

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000 characters

Most Helpful Opinion

• It's because I already know I am a woman.

Why point it out?

It's like you being Arab and I'm like , "Hey Arab!"

What is the point of this?

It makes the person sound ignorant.

However, if it's a friend texting me I will take no offense to this because I know

they are just joking or don't mean anything by it.

A random person will cause me to have a different reaction.

• Hey man, it's stating the obvious.

And when someone says, "what's up" well you never know what answer your going to get.its not stating the obvious.

• i have no idea. why do people say "hey man" or "what's up" when the answers are obvious

• Yea but its like why point out the obvious

• Show Older

What Girls Said 4

• depends on the tone,but it's mostly just...funny. no one really says that,it sounds...awkward.

• I think it would depend more on the tone it is said in.

• To me I wouldn't be offended really, especially in some casual context like you are referring to, but I wouldn't necessarily like it either. I don't think it would make a good first impression if it was said to a woman you don't know.

• If I know the guy that would be fine, if I didn't I would think it's a little rude but I wouldn't be offended.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!