The Less you want. The More you get.

The title seems to be quite the antithesis yet the statement holds all too true. People seem to have this undying desire to control things. Specifically the outcomes of things, they want mold it into some beautiful picturesque dreamland they have concocted within the depths of their mind.

In the field of biology there is phenomenon known as the principal of allocation. Essentially every living creature possesses X amount of energy. Using energy in one task takes away from energy spent in other areas because there is finite amount of energy the creature possesses. For example a creature allocating a lot of energy on growth in development has less energy to spend in the area of reproduction.

So what does this mean to you? In your mind when you try to control things, control outcomes, scenarios, people you are using energy. Energy you are taking away from other aspects of your life. And so you find yourself depleted, constantly dragging from one place to the next thinking about what's next. You forget that life is a magnificent thing because your energy is not being spent living it rather it's being spent creating an idea of what it should be like.

Recently I met an amazing girl. And we would have great times together. Yet in mind I began to conjure this idea of what we would be like together. I began to try to control the outcome, actively create a future. Things unfortunately took a twist for the worst and I'd constantly find myself checking my phone to see what was up with her. This worry . This stress. It takes away from the quality. The beauty of your life.

So my message to you then is want less and you will receive more. Don't desire for things to happen in a certain way, rather allow them to unfold as they will. It will surprise you how vibrant your days will become.

Hope you enjoyed my words.

- Clause ViterThe Less you want. The More you get.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

• True for everything...
    The less you want and the less you care the more the universe sends all those things and people your way.

• It's interesting how the more you let go the more seems to head back to you.

• Yeah... It's difficult to let go, but then you don't even care and things just start happening. O. o

• The older I become, the more true this becomes lol.

• Nice take :)

• Nice take, my friend :)

• Great take! This couldn't have come at a better time.

What Guys Said 6

• I learn about self-control.

• I disagree.

• What's ur perspective?

• The more you want the more you get. Ambition is good. Problems don't arise from trying to control things but instead failing to accurately exert their control to the extent of its limitations. To be simple man can indeed control the flow of a mighty river but he cannot make liquid water not drip through his fingers. It is a matter of knowing how, and what, versus a matter of simply relinquishing control due to anxieties.

• Makes sense.

• Excellent!! I have found this to be true as well especially with women.

• Clause, you are a wise man indeed. Agreed.

• Thanks Jack, just trying to share some wisdom I seem to have discovered. You should write a take some time, I'm curious as to what life secrets you have uncovered.

• I've been told to write a take many times, Clause. But I won't. Maybe I'll write a book in the real world, eventually. I know no more secrets than you.

• Short and simple, but quite true. We have limited time and energy--we should only use it where it serves to better our lives, and not on things that don't.

Which is why I'll be deactivating my account when my giftcards arrive, lol.

Very good take.