Worst Things About High School

Worst Things About High School

Schools out for summer for me, and I'm full of mixed emotions. I'm sad that the school year is over, but then again I'm happy for many, many more reasons. There are some things about high school that I won't miss while on my summer break because they just sucked. Here are the top 10 things on my list of worst things about high school. Let's face it, we've all experieced at least one of these things during our small taste of the real world.

Homework

Nobody likes homework. It takes away from the free time that you get at home, and adds more stress to your day. I mean, didn’t we learn enough while being in school? Why do we need to bring school home with us, and rush to do some stupid homework and if we don’t are grades gradually drop? definitely won’t miss that.

Bitchy Popular Girls

One thing that you will come across in high school are those annoying popular girls. You know, the pretty, but mean popular girls who always are cheerleaders, travel in packs, and making out with boys on the lockers? Yeah, apparently Mean Girls can be a reality. It’s annoying to have to shove past them because their thrusting sexually on a boy’s junk on your locker while you’re trying to get into it. Yeah...no. I won’t miss you, girlies.

Mondays

Let’s face it, nobody likes Mondays. After partying and staying up past midnight, Monday is a total buzzkill. Getting up from your warm, cozy bed can be a challenge, especially if you barely got sleep last night. Just five more minutes, let me sleep, please.

Bad Teachers

You know, those teachers that take five months to grade one stupid worksheet? Come on, dude, I stayed up till three in the morning doing that essay. Do me a favor and let me know my grade on it faster? I did your work, can you at least give it back sooner?

And we all know that one teacher who yells at you for doing virtually nothing… But the guy next to me started it!

Tests

Nobody. Likes. Tests. Especially standardized ones. They barely do anything good, but cause you unnecessary stress and sadness when you find out you were literally one point away from proficient. So close, yet so far away. They just want to make you bang your head against the desk.

Annoying Classmates

There’s that one guy who always asks questions. There's that one guy who won’t stop tapping his pencil. There’s that one girl with her phone under her desk, you know, having a thumb war with herself. There’s that one guy cracking dick jokes. Yeah...don’t be that guy.

Bullies

Bullies. Nobody likes those kids who harass you to the point that you don’t even what to come to school anymore. Come on, could they at least be considerate and stop causing us to be insecure, and to hate ourselves? They’re literally wasting out time and depriving us of our right to be educated. It’s sad, especially when your school doesn’t even put in the effort to stop it. I won’t miss those bullies.

Too much stress and pressure

From homecoming, to prom, to tests, and everything else going on, it can be quite stressful to manage. What dress am I gonna by? How’s my hair gonna look? What outfit should I wear on Tuesday to impress my friends? Yes, the pressure to fit in gets to us. That’s just how high school is...a popularity contest most of the time.

Drama

Omg, did you hear Sally died her hair blonde?

Omg, that girl is so fat.

she’s soooo annoying!

Kate was sexting my boyfriend!

Guys...do me a favor and stop gossiping about people! I want no part of your pointless drama that adds even more stress to my already stressful school day! I won’t miss that, ever.

Teachers that tell you behave, but don’t “behave” themselves

You know, that one teacher that tells you not to bring food into the classroom, but has a whole Golden Corral buffet on their desk! Or, they tell you to put your phone away, but their fingers are twiddling away on theirs. Yes, I know there are rules that we should follow, but you don’t have to do that, really. Don’t, please.

***

What do you, or did you hate most about high school? What did you like most about high school? These are just my personal top ten things, but you may have experienced different things. Comment down below what you hate and love about school. :)

RainbowFanGirl is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 35

• That would be homework and the teachers refusing to let me go use the restroom and when I just tell them fine I'll just pee in the trash bin in class then they send me to the deans office...

IF I GOTTA PEE I GOTTA FUCKING PEE

• Mondays are not going away. Too much stress and pressure you will have at times after high school from work, bills, things needing to be fixed etc. Bullies are out there and not just in high school.

• Finding a used condom, leaking under you desk when you come into class, and somebody always gives you a shitty chair that creaks

• I went to a religious high school. There were two constants: leadership issues, and student scandals.

It began using the discipleship school model. Meaning, they took kids whose parents were already setting good examples at home, and restricted enrollment to that, so the kids would have a foundation. Meaning, they could raise kids that understood the organization's material, and could build on a base platform. To make them stronger in their foundations and able to defend what they believe, so they could be prepared to face an often clueless and skeptical world.

That was then. Then, the major operators behind that got old. Some died, others were pressured to leave. Slips in the cracks crept in. Shady shyster who lacked doctrinal integrity. And in the interests of being "hip" and "relevant" (and succeeding at neither), compromises crept in.

The immediate result was bitch fighting amongst faculty and board, leadership issues galore, hypocrisy at every level, disillusioned students, discontent, rebellion, adoption of a "mission school" platform (that they were ill-prepared to adopt), chaos, and an increase in student scandals.

It started off small. I went there when the worst thing to happen was some kids were merely suspected of being at a party where minors were caught smoking. With no proof, half the high school was suspended for a week - the same week I was out with the flu. I came back, it was like someone had dropped a bomb on the place. Everyone hated each other, and there was drama everywhere. And I was always the last one to have a clue what the heck was the deal.

Decent kids were bullied next, and trash took their place as parents got fed up and pulled out. The neighborhood demographics changed, and it went from white trash to black trash. Sex scandals are almost insignificant there these days. It takes a cocaine scandal to shock anyone there now.

• I remember hating a lot of that, now I look back fondly to how easy life was back then.

• Bullies made my blood boil so I picked fights with them and knocked them on their butts for the other students, but my biggest regret is when I realized how flirty some of the girls were toward me, but I never realized it. ;_;

• Bullies and extreme stress.

• The worst thing about High School is that most people never outgrow it.

• People treated me like I didn't exist. Then when they noticed me they made fun of me, called me ugly, and tortured me. One girl called me a monkey. She proceeded to laugh with her friends. Another girl told a guy that nobody likes me. People didn't even know who I was, but they still hated me. I always kept a blank face to hide my anger and despair. The teachers would talk behind my back. Every day I went to school, it was another day in hell for me. I got cockblocked so hard that I'm still a male virgin today at the ripe age of 26. Compared to everyone else, I'm an old man with no sexual experiences. Never even kissed a girl. Never even got a chance to talk to girls. My cockblocking friends had girlfriends whom I barely talked with. I fucking threw myself into Islam to mitigate my despair. College ended up being high school 2.0. Now I have no religion. I refuse to pray to any useless god created by mankind. After I gave up religion around the age of 19, I also realized that true knowledge can be found neither in high school nor college. Can't wait for this world to end in 2 months.

• What do you mean? :(

• The creators of humans are returning. Whether they want to remove the lock in the human genome or completely obliterate humans is up to them. There are defenders in this planet who will try to prevent the creators of Earth's humans from destroying us. I'm not helping though. I have no reason to. If they don't destroy us, I can move forward with my plans of destroying the monetary system that enslaves humans today. I'm sick and tired of the Knights Templar destroying the potential of humans. Humans with an unhindered genome were supposed to evolve or even transform into the ultimate creators. Humans truly are capable of being masters of the universe. But humans in their current state are flawed. Prone to war, hatred, greed, and destruction, humans don't deserve access to an unhindered genome. The way the world is set up now, there is no future for humanity.

• bad grades the rest fades away

• I had only moved to America for like 3/4 months before I started HS and that shit fucking BLOWED more balls than a pornstar! I didn't have the bullies, the stress of doing good, drama/gossip or them bitchy popular girls. I actually liked the hw because it gave me an excuse to stay locked up in my room so I would have to deal w/ my parents constant fighting, those annoying classmates would usually shut up if you told them to, I actually loved the Mondays then I could go to school and see all the homies n homegurls when I actually made some friends.

• I found it fun as fuk

• High School was so easy i wish i could go back. College is actually hard and stressful i can't remember i time i was honestly challenged in high school or stressed about anything.

But i agree withe the bullying and bad teachers.

• I hated the tests on a subject we had not covered.

• American seems to have an absolute shitty school culture.

• Annoying classmates was a big deal haha but eventually you tolerate them :3

• The Cliques. The stupid cliques.

• tramps rejecting the nice guy so she can go for the badboy...

3 years later she's on gag complaining that her badboy boyfriend is cheating on her...

• The worst thing about high school is realizing you can't go back there when you have realized high school is where the prettiest girls line lifetime was.

• wait untill you guys and girls get to college and universities... just wait. thats even harder than high school

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 35

• HS was kinda great except when it comes to bitchy chicks

• I hated high school, pretty much. I already graduated though in May and now I'm off to college and so happy. I didn't have a lot of friends in high school, and some of the teachers I had weren't the best, bullies, popularity, etc. I think I will like college more because people are a bit more mature and less judgement. I had girls in high school getting jealous of me and trying to start drama with me for no good reason at all, especially bullies but I'm pass that.

• HOMEWORK.
    that's was the death of me
    We don't really have rude popular girls at my school, in fact all of the popular people are so nice. There isn't any drama if you don't participate the majority of the time. Stress is what milled me this year, so happy for it to be over. But it just ended today and I already miss my crush... 😢

• I'm not in highschool yet but I think the worst things in highschool are bullies and drama. I can handle all the other things though.

• I'm a student of high school. there's no problem with it. everything always fine and not bad. but honestly i was boring about it, really. i want to go collage as soon as possible. a

• there's so much! You basically handled all of them though.
    For me its super annoying when I walk into class and everyone just stares at me like I tripped and fell on the floor its like, "Am I that interesting cause you never seem to pay attention to me otherwise!"
    And yess! Omg the stress! The teachers act like they're the only one who teaches you and its the only subject you have but like "SURPRISE BITCH I HAVE 6 OTHER SUBJECTS!"
    I don't get bullied but I know all the cliche mean girls who fish for compliments on instagram with pictures with their cleavage hanging out and hook up with so many guys and see every girl as competition! And the drama! OMG. Any little thing will get a girl so bitchy, any little comment will end up in a cat fight! AH!

• you're going to feel a lot more stress once you go to university and your homework is going to be more complex, and you're probably going to get some bad teachers as well so compared to university, high school is easier. But one thing I don't miss is also the drama, I never really noticed 'b' popular girls because my school was pretty diverse and a lot of the popular people were actually nice. So I guess the only things I don't miss are the dramas, and the people who were all categorized and labeled. In universities, there's a lot of diversity and people are less judgmental and more mature in my opinion.

• High school was literally the worst. I'm so happy I'm done with that noise.

• I hated the teen angst that was present at all times. Everyone just looks for reasons to hate on others and everyone's insecure. It's a breeding ground for drama. Even though I was the quiet kid, I always somehow attracted drama and bullies to me.

• High school is the easy part. If I could have completed high school over in place of college I would do it!!

• Nice Take.
    High school is extremely dull for me. Nothing exciting ever happens. Save for math class.

• Bullying was the worst for me. You got to remember, teachers have it hard as well when they deal with a class of unruly students but while having to maintain a code and try to keep their job. I can't imagine going having 300+ students a day for 5 days a week and knowing that they're going to flat out disrespect me.

• i simply cannot understand others have to be bitchy or bullies

• My school was terrible. I was in a honors program in one half of the school, but the other half of the school was the "regular" part where all the ghetto kids were at. There was constant fighting (verbally and physically), and there were some teachers who were just terrible. Luckily, since I was in a honors program my teachers were great (for the most part). I hated the gossiping, I hate the cliques, I hated the "popular kids", I hated the homework, I hated the testing. My lord, the amount of testing!! The few things I liked about my high school years were my friends and the teachers. That's pretty much it. Otherwise, I'm glad I got out of that place. College is better. :)

• The last one ftw. I was an assistant teacher for over 6 months at my brother's high school. It sucks because teachers are bitches behind each others' backs, yet have to teach a module every Wednesday about how bullying is wrong. It's ridiculous.

• At 25 the best advice I can give you is focus on your work, and forget the other b. s. Chances are in a few years those "popular girls" and bullies will be asking you if you'd like to supersize your meal or worse.

• Haha I will. I'm an honors student even though this doesn't show it. I wrote this at 1 am.

• Good job! I wish I would have taken it more seriously. Plus I left school because I got engaged and moved two hours away. So I know what I'm saying when I say focus on school!

• Forgot how shitty the food was! XD well in my school at least haha
    Nicely done! ( ^ω^)

• The girls that wore some questionable things but go around gossiping about other people. I reAlly hate all the name calling there isn't much physical violence at my school just verbal. I like the cool teachers that dont have much temper.

• EVERYTHING.. haha jk but in all seriousness I never went so I can't say anything but how I think of it its probably how you as the person make it out to be for yourself however there's some ugly things in school that are hard to do anything about.

• And most high schools have that one hallway that stinks of weed, LOL

• More from Girls
    15