The Rap Industry Is Corrupt!

The Rap Industry Is Corrupt!

I am a huge critic when it comes to music. I myself prefer rap or music that actually means something. Now, every time I encounter someone who listens to rappers like little Wayne, or modern day rappers, I always exploit them to better music. People say ignorance is bliss...it's actually annoying. Some people, who listen to more modern day rap are just oblivious and ignorant. They are like, Cheif Keef is amazing! Those are the people who listen to music just for the beat and bass. So, what is good rap? Political and meaningful rap that inspires people to have a more logical mentality and perspective on life. Rappers like Kendrick Lamar(best MC currently), Lupe Faisco, Isaiah Rashad, Jay Rock, Hopsin, etc. Also, older rappers are even better! Tupac, B.I.G., N.W.A.(especially Ice Cube), Andre 3000, and even Nas or Common. Eminem isn't good anymore either. Just like Kanye, Eminem sold out a long time ago along with Kid Cudi and a lot of other rappers. Modern day rappers only rap about women, money, and everything they have. It's quite terrible. It's giving people a bad outlook on life. I just wish people payed more needed attention on real, good rappers.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

I'm also listening to rappers because it's for the beat. Those dumbass people can not bring up some good lines.
    You'll see when it's come personal. When they have rapbeefs and they're making disstracks. They have one good line and the rest is shit.

Eventhough if most people listening to rap only for the beat they still listening to bass and beat. It's only that. That's also why most people put gunshots and heavy bass on it. Where's the melody. That's gone or not even thought of.

People who say that singers are leading the business; no, they're just puppets. The producers do actually lead the business because they sell their beat so a whole team of writers can make up some sad text about heartbraking and shawty sleeping with other guys or leaving him so he can sing that. The producers nowadays are DJ's who are making a remix of an old song. But they do it in samples and give it another name. Noah Shebib is one of them.

Now people only write about drugs/gangbanging and money/sexy because normal people don't that but they want to enjoy the thrill. Well what thrill if you can not understand what they saying. People love saying they in love with drugs and sex but don't do it. It's like reading porn but don't watch it or actually do it yourself.

And the funniest is that most artist using some codes to say what they actually mean but most people don't care because it's not like back there when beat was a helper to the singer. No, its the singer/rapper who is helping the beat to get sold. People rapping about "flying lit moles in ratvolves" and they explain that they wrote about their exes or something and the public is trying to understand that bad.

Actually we're very blind for this. We don't know that music is lead by society. When the norms and values vanished the music turns also more sloppy and disgusting. In the 70s and 80s rap was pure and there were sloppy and dirty rappers/singers too but now it's going after society.

• Who cares music is music, if it sounds good to some people it's fine

• I read an article that said producers do research onto which beats makes us wanna listen to it over and over and then adds them into music so we will like it. They also take samples from old music (MJ's for example) and use to to make new tracks. Basically the are trying to make more money than music these days haha.

I mean look at all the money spent into developing this character " for some artists (and other celebrities ) Specially Miley Cyrus , Nicki Minaj etc..

• Have you watched Joeybada$$'s interview with hot97?
      The basically say the same thing. He asks why coco is such a big song when it sends all the wrong messages, and the answer is that the industry studies what gets attention from the public. They don't care if the artist sucks or not, they care about $$$$$$$. Which is why the world is becoming dumber by the second.

• Hopsin needs that crown! Especially his new album, Despite if his songs are all dope or not he is one of a kind.
    K-dot is not the best mc. that is 100%, I like the guy but fucking hell, he can dribble some non sensual bullshit and make dumbasses think its wordplay. Its like he learnt the meaning of the word 'Metaphor' and just went stupid with them.
    To say eminem sold out shows how little you know about eminem. If you listened to his music from the start, he has done nothing but gotten better and better at RAPPING! his beats may suck and his hooks are super mainstream and bullshit, he is still one of the top 5 best mc's alive. He can spit bars for days and blow you away.
    Basically your post will just attract people who already have good taste in rap, all the other wanna b rap lovers are too stupid to understand what you are talking about.
    Plus how do dumb ass bitches twerk to 'Better Dayz' - 2pac lol

• Go ahead and explain how Eminem is the best MC alive. And I am not talking about the old music. And give me examples on where K. dot did that. Kendrick Lamar is the best MC because he always has clever ways of rapping about stuff and his lyrics are amazing. Every song he comes out with is great. People hate him but can never explain why they do. They haven't listen to any of his albums and they say, "To Pimp a Butterfly" was terrible. No it wasn't people never analyze his full message and undermine him so much. He deserves the crown and the throne.

• Alright firstly you need to learn how to read. I want disagreeing, I completely agree. I don't wanna start a debate over who we personally feel is the best, but we both know that we have better taste in music than people these days, which is what your post is about.
      Now for you explanation on kendrick. West coast wu-tang-"I'm an elevator, you can take the stairs, thats metaphor meaning, I'm already there. That is just one line out of many in that song that are so lame and trick people to think its dope wordplay. In saying that I fucking love the song lol.
      I said Eminem is TOP 5 Not the best alive... at being an mc
      (In hip hop and electronic dance music, an MC, also referred to as a rapper, is a music artist and/or performer who usually creates and performs vocals for his/her own original material.) Eminem's always had the ability to spit fire at the drop of a hat. His albums aren't as good as what he can do, thats basically what i mean. His last few cyphers are fucking crazy.

• I'm a hard core K. Dot fan but, he's not the best MC out right now. J. Cole's 2014 Forest Hills Drive is way better than T. P. A. B. If anything J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar are on par as the Kings of Conscience. Kendrick is also starting to sellout doing songs with Taylor Swift and shit. I don't even know why you put Hopsin's name on the list because that dude is straight trash. He only has one good song (ill mind of Hopsin 5). The rest of your list is fine. But you can't talk about real rap without mentioning people like Rakim and Mos Def. 3 Stacks is the G. O. A. T.

• most definitely, but I think you should listen to more of hopsins shit. He's influential and ttys to wake society up from its stupidity. But hey, it took people 10 years and more to understand why tupac is the best ever, and no one will ever come close to compare to his unique persona.

• To be honest, decent rap has always been very, very rare - but even now there still is some good stuff, with meaningful lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dk19Irtxcc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__MNwhzoELo

• Wow... the chorus got me like, byeee!

• Hilltop hoods are a disgrace to Australian hip hop and have the shittest rapping ability I have ever heard. Yeah lets sing about spray pain and centrelink!

• it was always that way.. Biggie smalls, tupac, snoop dog's old tracks, even LL Cool J, and they died or were good LONGGGG ago.

i'd say people need to get their wisdom from other stuff not rap though.

• Some people have different ways of learning. Not everyone wants to go on the news and find out about this stuff. They would rather hear it with a hard ass beat.

• listen to FLY and ill mind 7 by hopsin... music has a psychological influence on everyone, wether you know it or not. Music is more powerful than books to some people, so any type of education is good. But fly is one of the realest things i have ever heard in my life. When you break down the lyrics its unreal.

• still stupid of them..

• This is true of all genres of music, and it extends to all forms of entertainment. It's a business, and most people end up doing it for the money, which is especially easy considering the one reason that record labels and production companies exist is to make money and they often force constraints on the artists. You have to sift through all the bullshit to find the ones that aren't rich enough to be jaded yet, or the rare ones that have kept some integrity.

• Swimming Pools

• Have you heard of Rakim?

• Rap isn't even music

• Yes, it is. With the production and lyrics, it is.

• As in examples of music. Modern day music to be more precise.

• Modern? Sure I guess.

This is a couple years old now https://youtu.be/kbpqZT_56Ns

• You are figuring this out now? I can't agree with much of it but in other words good take.

• All you hear on the radio now a days is sh*itty music. So, no. I am not just now figuring that out. But record labels are signing these randoms.

• Mentions hopsin lube I mean lupe but doesn't mention J cole the best rapper of this time :') funny as shit that's why he's signed by Jay and got the torched passed down to him by Nas don't act like some expert, I'm not and you are certainly not either

• Stfu you moron. That's why I said etc. J. Cole is good, but not the best MC right now. Forest Hills Drive wasn't amazing. His old music is really good though. Born Sinner is my favorite album. Also, Hopsin just dropped his album yesterday and it is really good. Lupe Fiasco make great music. Both are easily better than J. Cole.

• Oh i get it you're a 16 year old girl from Spain lol nvm , I thought you were a dude that changes everything don't want to be sexist but you Obviously can't pick up on what being an talented hip hop artist is all about there's more good than bad songs you still better than the album hopsin put out when he was "leaving"

• sorry lady, but lupe is fucking garbage. He got famous from a song called kick push, and thats about all he can do on a skateboard.

• Okay okay first of all let me just say that you're a little too young to really understand little Wayne. Sure little Wayne is the butt of most jokes now days, but at one time little Wayne was the greatest rapper alive that was still rapping. He was the MJ. He was the Kobe. He was the Lebron. The Peyton. The Tom Brady. You get the point. If he had kept going the way he was going he would be up there with Tupac, B. I. G, Rakim, Nas, Jay, etc. However, he went down hill. He tried rock music. He got into skateboarding. And worst of all he quit drugs. I'm sorry but his best music came when he was high all the time. He was the best during his run. Anyone with at least half a brain knew it. Nobody denied this. Nobody. He was on top. It was little Wayne and then everybody else. You may be a little too young to know that, but it's true.

Now that we've got that out the way let's move on. Chief Keef. First of all you need to understand that there's a bigger issue here. It's not so much the artists fault. It's more so the industry. The capitalism. The very thing guys like Meek Mill and Jay Z rap about. The industry picks guys off the street like Chief Keef or Bobby Shurmurda who have a viral song on youtube or something and they give them a small deal. This deal allows the company to make money off the viral song. For Keef it was "Don't like". For Bobby it was "Hot n----". Once the industry is done making it's money then it's time to get rid of them. Where is Keef? Well after Ivine left Keef left. Where's Bobby? In jail. They don't do this much to rock artists or pop artists. They do this to rappers way more. So what happens is you get these artists like that who really are terrible rappers, but because the industry wants to make money they are signed anyway. So remember that okay?

Now it seems to me you like guys who are more "lyrical" yes? Me personally I'm a fan of the trap music and the lyrically rappers. I believe all of it has it's place. Besides some of the early pioneers of rap weren't great rappers. Just look at Kurtis Blow. His lyrics weren't great. They were sub-part at best.

Also, rap is cultural. There's culture in rap. There are people out here suffering. People out here struggling trying to make it in their horrible environment. Some trap artists speak to that struggle. Such as Keef or little Reese. Maybe their bars are the best, but you can feel the pain and the struggle in their music and

• people who are in that can relate. When Peewee Longway talks about how his bros banging in the streets of ATL there are people in ATL who know what he's talking about. They've been there. When little Reese talk about how dudes is dying in Chiraq people feel that. It's not always about the clever bars. Sometimes it's just about the feeling it gives you. The vibe.

Not only that but some artists who are trap artists ARE lyrical as well. Look at Vince Staples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb6Jc4juSF8

He has bars, but the stuff he's talking is real life. The life of a young black man in the streets of Long Beach Cali. People feel that. Sometimes it's not about changing the story... sometimes you have to tell it first. Vince is telling a story of reality. little Reese and Keef tell stories of reality. Kendrick does too. He talks about the streets of Compton.

I like all the rappers you mentioned, but I appreciate the non-lyrical and non-"spiritual" as well.

• wayne can not rap. His lyrics are for retards and he is a little wanker. He not only has an awful image.

• Plus if drugs made him good, that means he is actually shit naturally.

• Yeah, fuck western rap these days. Listen to some flamenco :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO_e0f3mfBg

• Amen. Rap these days is shit. Gotta love the classics.

What Girls Said 6

• "The Rap Industry Is Corrupt!"
    no kidding lol.. can you tell me one industry that isn't, please 😂

• Music tastes are all subjective. You can't call someone ignorant because they don't listen to what you listen to.

• I would probably like this take of I hadn't seen your profile first.

• That's true before people would talk about Eminem, Dr dray, Kanye, Jay Z, Tupac, and Biggie. I do like the beat of some songs but lyrics that are about struggling is the best. Some rappers seriously don't make any sense. People who say that rap isn't music are ignorant, just because you don't like a certain type of music, doesn't mean it's not music. Go search up the definition of music, Rap also has rhythm and harmony and Rap stands for rhythm and beat. I feel like the same people who say that would say that instrument playing is music when there are instruments being played in most rap. Rap is music not a song. A song requires singing..

• You can't discriminate a particular genre when every other genre all sing about the same thing as well. In fact most songs are about love, and a very delusional sense of it too.
    That being said, I do agree that some rappers sing about the same shit. Like little wayne and Tyga piss me off lol.
    Kid Cudi isn't that bad, and Kanye is lyrically very talented. Do I personally enjoy their content? Not really, maybe a few songs here and there but that's all.
    I'm more of a Jcole fan, and you didn't mention him on your list for some reason. His raps are mostly on racial, political, and personal issues and are told beautifully through his lyrics.

But hey, don't generalize. 90% of the songs today all talk about the same shit one way or another.

• i have no idea who those people are.

• I thought I was alone

• The rappers I mentioned are political rappers. They rap about things that have happened in their life and what is going on in the world today.

• My brother has mentioned a few of them. The only hip hop music artist I like is Jason derulo. I listen to classic rock.