How must we get rid of fear?

Many times during the course of our lives we encounter places in which we are tested to control ourselves. We ultimately find that somethings cannot be controlled, and that scares us. It can be something as small as not stepping on an ant or as large as losing a loved one to any variable of disease. Regardless we often search in how us, as human beings can ultimately push out the fear entirely; to barely acknowledge what it can do for us. In other words, killing our emotions.

How must we get rid of fear?

In the heat of the moment many of us cannot fully comprehend as to what we should feel. A majority of time, the fight or flight method is the number one thing causing us to behave in such a manner as fear of oneself, fear of one another and fear of the unknown. So how must we combat this?

Truth be told it is no secret that the only way to get over a fear is simply to keep going after it internally; and keep doing it. Until you finally realize that whatever fear you meant to get rid of isn’t all too bad. A simple fear that a lot of people have is arachnophobia or the fear of spiders. To get over this fear is simply to become acquainted with the species. You can search for them learn the different species of spider. By doing this you learn practical information, identification and learn that not all species though dangerous may attack or bite you.

On GAG I see a lot of people worried that their boyfriend or girlfriend may leave them. Though this may be very sweet; that neediness can cause rifts in the relationship and ultimately leads to a breakup…or what the person was so fearful of in the first place. Many times the fact that true loves is unconditional is lost in my generation due to over expectations placed upon their SO. To even begin to start loving unconditionally you must first look at who you are and who you want to become. If you want to continue the tirade of expecting everything to fall into place you will be horribly disappointed. However to become a caring person you must learn to let go, allow life to take its course and roll with it. That simply doesn’t mean to give up, it means to endure.

So the next time you catch yourself feeling scared, uncomfortable or in a corner. Look at your situation and judge it by an exterior view. So you never lose the fear that you are given however it should never be something controlling you actions nor love for someone else and something.

OG out.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, people know how to conquer their fear.
    The putting the "work in" is the hardest part. Some people literally become paralyzed over their fear. Those people need counseling along with trying to conquer their fear. Some people are unable to do it on their own, no matter how hard they try to look at things from an outside perspective.

• I think some people lack incentive and deliberately create their world in the hellish reality they put themselves in... to assist your point... but very insightful:)

• I'm scared of spiders, I don't want them to destroy my petals! Nice Take 😃

• God helps me, good interpretation tho

• Hehe nice take sir!

What a great read. Especially the part about loved ones.

• Help me get rid of my fear of height!

I really liked the tip on learning more about spiders.

I would try that with cats and hopefully it works.

:)

But honestly, I am scared of snakes (and a lot of other things) and I am even afraid to google the name. Lol. I don't think I ever getting rid of that fear.

Good Take!

• Thanks for this take! :D :)

• No problem:) I do know that a lot of people have problems with fear and I am well acquainted with it... I feel like an old man already even though I am just starting out... so many stories

What Guys Said 2

• without fear you would be a psychopath.

• Lol sociopathy is so over played in the media... I call BS

• Actually your both right and wrong at the same time. Psychopathy/Sociopathy is a term used to generally refer to conditions like antisocial personality disorder and dissocial personality disorder, it is still a valid term but not a diagnostic one, which is fine for conversational purposes, even experts still use it as such.

Also I'm pretty sure Jager66 was talking about Fear and tearing his post down by focusing on the word Psycho/Socio was a pretty lame and obvious straw man, the research he linked about fear and brain scans concerning "Psychopaths" is new, exciting and valid.

No need to argue and get butt hurt about this boys.

• PS. I only like lurking, this conversation was just particularly retarded and had to say something. I will not be arguing with either of you so I am going to block you both just in case, sorry but that's how I am.

• Funny, I am going to China in a couple weeks, and I was thinking of trying the Mt. Hua Shan hike - you may have seen pictures of the footwide planks bolted above a 6000 foot vertical drop. If not google it. Just from looking at the pics, my feet and hands were soaked with sweat.

Not sure if I'll try it or not...