20 Weird Phobias You Might Have

Halloween is coming up soon, so I thought I would write a take on phobias.

A phobia is fear of something. With the exception of a couple people, we all are scared of at least one thing. Some of us, whether it be from a bad experience or for no reason at all, have fears that are just irrational. These are some of the most common and weird phobias that people can have. Some are just memes that developed over the years that have been proven to be real.

1. Autophobia

20 Weird Phobias You Might Have

Autophobia is the fear of being alone. Keep your friends close and your enemies...closer?

2. Dentophobia

Dentophobia is the fear of going to the dentist. I don't blame ya, because dentists can be very creepy, especially when they're holding the drill. Run!

3. Coulrphobia

Coulrphobia is the fear of clowns. I'm sorry, but clowns are pretty creepy. Thanks Pennywise, you made people scared of clowns now.

4. Entomophobia

Or arachnophobia if you are afraid of specifically spiders, you are scared of bugs. Ugh, just writing this makes me itchy.

5. Gymnophobia

If you have gymnophobia, you are afraid of getting naked. Better keep the clothes on standby.

6. Nomophobia

Nomophobia is the fear of being without your cellphone. Let's face it, many of us have this. Not having our phones at all times can make some of us nervous, or even terrified. Curse you, technology.

7. Trypanophobia

No to be confused with trypophobia, trypanophobia is the fear of long pointy objects. Hate getting shots? You may have trypanophobia.

8. Didaskaleinophobia

School. Some of us hate it to the point that we dread the idea of going. Didaskaleinophobia is the fear of school. Anything to do with school just makes you scared to even go. Flying books are awesome, but if you hate school, you would hate this.

9. Chorophobia

If you have chorophobia, you have anxiety while dancing. At the club, you would be that person standing there awkwardly bobbing their head. Turn up!

10. Ergophobia

Hate work? Do you just absolutely despise the idea of work? You may have ergophobia. Let's face it, many of us would rather stay curled up in their bed anyway.

11. Politicophobia

Politicophobia, obviously, is the fear of politicians. Ahh! Obama is so scary!

12. Ophthalmophobia

You know what they say, you can literally feel someone staring at you. Does this creep you out? You may have ophthalmophobia. The chills are real.

13. Enochlophobia

Closely related to claustrophobia, the fear of confined spaces, enochlophobia is the fear of large crowds. Who likes large crowds of strangers, anyway?

14. Anuptaphobia

Forever alone, that's what you're afraid of being if you have this phobia. It's the fear of being single.

15. Trypophobia

This has to be one of the most famous phobias. Trypophobia was made popular by the internet when a picture of a lotus pod surfaced. Trypophobia is the irrational fear of large clusters of holes. Please, for the love of pepperoni, do NOT Google it! You will be scarred for life.

16. Philophobia

This is the opposite of anuptaphobia, the fear of being single. Philophobia is the fear of falling or being in love. Butterflies in your stomach? Forget that, people philophobia those butterflies are more like poisonous scorpions, as they are petrified of falling in love. Unfortunately many people in this category end up living a life of solitude and fear of commitment.

17. Hypnophobia (Somniphobia)

Sleep is for the week! Also known as hypnophobia, this is the abnormal fear of falling asleep. Oftentimes it can be the result of people feeling as though they are losing control and nightmares have been known to cause it as well. It is fairly common in children, who sometimes experience night terrors. No, it is NOT insominia.

18. Haphephobia

Stop touching me! Don't get too sclose to a person suffering from this, as it is the fear of being touched.

19. Decidophobia

Decisions descisions... While some of you just don't like making decisons, there are some people her are actually petrified of making dicisions. Don't ask a person suffering from this to pick what you should have for dinner tonight.

20. Phobophobia

Phobophobia is the fear of well...phobias. If you didn't get scared while reading this, then you're in the clear! Congratulations!

Well, I hope you enjoyed this fun little take, and have an awesome Halloween! :)

Which phobia do you have? Which was the weirdest? :D

Read about more phobias here: The Phobia List

RainbowFanGirl is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 26

• About half of these are nonsense but weird none the less.

• ewww look at all that grease in those fucking pepperoni bowls.

• You really had to put a picture of a clown, you couldn't just have put a picture with the word "clown" on the background, no, you had to put a real clown -_-
    Thank you!! >:(

• Oh the Nomophobia! it has run rampant!!!
    Personally I have Politicophobia myself!

• Nice take 💕💛

• I have a fear of work too. Bill Gates should give me a million pounds so I never have to go to work again.

• I have like opposite of gymnophobia

• It's kind of funny you took 2. from supernatural and the phobe that succeeds it, Sam (protagonist of Supernatural) has it.

• HAPHEPHOBIA, HEHE HOW MANY GUYS ARE touching hER. Anyone will be scared then

• I would go with Trypophobia. I don't like the image on human skin.

• Okay so i have
    Autophobia
    A bit of Nomophobia
    Anuptaphobia
    Philophobia

• Coulrphobia, Chorophobia here. also a bit of Enochlophobia, too.

I also made the mistake of Goodling trypophobia... never again...

• I hate being touched so I guess Haphephobia.

• Number 5 is also known as being a "never nude."

www.metalsucks.net/.../NeverNude2-22-2011-2.jpg

• I will never eat a pizza again... thanks by the way!

• Surdophobia = fear to Deaf peoples, cochlear implant against Deaf, discrimination against Deaf culture.

• I think I have 3, 5, 9, 13, 16, 18 and 19. I guess that means I have 20 too. :)
    Who has number 6? That's truly pathetic :P

• Pretty sure I have 6, 9 and 13

• I am very anuptaphobic and slightly cleithrophobic. And somewhat enochlophobic too.

Basically, I like to be cuddled up at home with a date, resting on the couch. The fear I'll never have a wife is agony. I don't like getting closed-in by table arrangements when eating at someone else's house. When I want to get up to get a drink or use the restroom, I want to be able to do it on my own terms, not have to ask everyone to move to accommodate me. Especially if they'd rather not listen. I don't want to have to get aggressive just to assert myself, and would rather avoid confrontation altogether.

Being trapped in a room isn't a big deal if the environment is tolerable, and if I know the reason and the plan behind it all. But should any of those variables be violated, I start looking for a way out.

Worse than fear of being trapped, is the fear complete loss of control. Of being helpless while freedoms slip away like sand. That's why it bothered me so much to have to take my car to the junkyard last year. I hate having to ask permission to use a vehicle.

• I have photophobia
    Fear of flashing cameras

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 20

• Aww chorophobia is like the saddest phobia :( dancing is so much fun.

• I am trypophobic but that pizza looks so damn yummy!

• I wasn't scared of the dentist until I saw that picture!

I have telephobia - fear of answering the phone. I have an idea of what caused it but it's getting better. I've missed out on a lot of good jobs because of it. I recently pretended I couldn't find the THREE phones in this man's house, just to avoid answering it. I have trypophobia too.

Number 6 only applies to me when I'm going far away alone or to a new place. I like the comfort of having my phone just in case there's an emergency.

I definitely have ergophobia!

• OMG I have telephobia too it's so horrible.

• It's so weird. I think it's from this weirdo who kept ringing our house and breathing down the phone when I was a toddler.

• It's so awkward too when guys are like "can I have your number so we can talk on the phone?" NOPE

• I have a variation of claustrophobia.
    I hate being in spaces where I feel there is no escape. It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to need to leave the bathroom door open even while showering or getting dressed. I hate escalators, especially when crowded because people don't move (it's not a free ride people) and I get stuck, just waiting to get to the bottom with no way forward and no way back. I used to love sitting under desks, it felt safe. But now there are a few desks that if I crawl under and something blocks the way out I will get nervous and start to panic. My bed has always needed to be side on to the door, and I have always needed to be on the door side of the bed so I'm closer to the exit (even if I need the door closed to sleep).

I can't stand being picked up, because it involves somebody holding me tight, so I have no way of getting away from them. If I don't hug you first then there's a chance I'm going to begin panicking if you keep your arms around me for too long. I might love hugs, but I prefer giving them.

Claustrophobia is terrifying. Other phobias probably are too, but claustrophobia is just. It's debilitating. Especially considering small, tight, enclosed spaces used to be my safe spots. Now I can't stand to be in them.

Phobias suck.

• Some of those pictures 😧

I don't think i have any of those.

• Poor pepperoni on that weird pizza, they're like bowls with grease in ew.

only have no. 4, but it's only with spiders, other bugs are just there, idgaf about them

• A little bit of Haphephobia but I'm working on it.

• I have emetophobia, the fear of vomiting... it sucks lol

• I googeled Trypophobia.. is it real or? What is ot? It scared me to death

• I almost threw up when I saw the hole phobia one.. dim sum and gross photos do not mix

• I actually have #15. I hate it.

• Wow I have 9 from this list! The ones that scared me out was the clown and that damn trypophobia!

• I have/had soooo many of these haha

• I have social phobia you forget

• I literally have majority of these and I didn't even know before -sigh-

• These are pretty interesting! I don't have any of these, though. The one I have doesn't have a name, and the closest I can come to is Thalassophobia (fear of the sea). I am scared of deep dark waters or the abyss, things that might lurk there, etc.

• Trypanophobia. Needles. *Shudders.* >_>

• I really don't get why people are so freaked out by clowns. Clowns are fekin BORING. Every time someone employs this carnival/clown theme for a horror story, I instantly drop all fear built up from the atmosphere just beforehand. Yes, I get it, Pennywise scared the shit out of you as kids, but it just bores the shit outta me.

Trypophobia just annoy me, because the holes usually have icky stuff in them and it just makes me want to squeeze it out like a pimple and it frustrates that I can't since it's just an image.

• I guess because of Stephen King and his stories. You're right about them being boring. :P

And trypophobia is icky. :<

• But Stephen King wrote a buttload of horrors, don't see why Pennywise is so special. :p

• Me either. I found his other stories to be creepier.

• oh my god the clown picture made me jump you could've just put clown and we would've got it.

• Dang I have all these phobias..