The troubles of being tall

This is my first myTake so bare with me. I'm 5'8 by the way, some of these I don't relate to but that's just because I'm tall of a woman, whereas tall guys are a lot taller

1. People asking, "How's the weather up there?" or saying, "You're tall." Thanks for pointing it out in case I didn't know.

The troubles of being tall

2. Too short sleeves

3. Awkward hugs where your boobs go in the small person's face

4. "One size fits all" why you always lying

5. Beds are too small

6. In airplanes your knees hit the seat in front of you

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 32

• That's why I think that at 6'1 I have a perfect height. Not too tall and not short either.

• That last meme tho, LMFAO

• 3 is the reason I want to date a tall girl.

• There is a story about Wilt Chamberlain, the late NBA star, who was 7-1. One day one too many guy asked him "how is the weather up there?". He spit on his head, and said "raining".

• i am 5'11'' world seems to built around this average height :) but a couple of times at the urinals here in india, had to bend a little because its way too down lol

• I think every guy is okay with number 3.

• Due to #3, makes me glad I'm tall.

• No worries you're not that tall. I would literally be looking down at you.

• How tall are you?

• 5'8 isn't tall for a woman tbh

• haha, can't feel the pain. because im short. and i think this Word belongs to short guys,😂

• I am 6.0 and agree with you on the thing about beds.
    And in my house the height of 2 doors is like 5.9 so if I forget to duck while passing through them I can hit my head, and it hurts like shit, here average height is 5.6. I think it's time I move out cause, if I crossed 6.0 other doors are 6.0 or 6.1, I will colloid on each one, if I ever forget to duck.
    And about the chairs yes I need to expand my legs or they go numb

• im like 6'8" to 6'9" (2,03-2,06m), dont really know. i have difficulties to messure my height, cause the folding rule is only 2m long.

totally can relate to that, the most annoying thing is the bed and the blanket.

• Let me give you an online *hug*. I understand this perfectly being 6'3. When I saw the one in the airplane I almost began crying.

• True. Except for the girl specific stuff.

1. "You should play basketball." Yes, except 'not being terrible at it' is far more important than mere height.

2. I actually have one shirt where the sleeves are too long. It's a weird feeling.

4. Just buy a bigger size and slim fit, so it still fits to your torso.

5, Unless you buy a superking, this is true.

6. FUCK THESE FUCKERS. As soon as the wheels are up, back comes the seat. Half the time you go to the washroom and see the asshole is some eight year old turd whose feet don't even reach the floor.

• Tall people die faster too.
    Shit must suck man.

• I tell people that all the time and they think I'm crazy then I just ask them how many tall old people they see.

• Anyone who thinks this is a lie, tall people have more diseases they can get related to their height, it's true.
      Taller = more cells, and taller people get cancer easier due to this.
      While being shorter can result in diabetes and overweight complications easier, it's preventable. The cancer rate increase from being taller isn't.

• I love my cal king bed:P

• Tall people problem:

Spontaneous pneumothorax

• "The troubles of being tall"

For guys, you're always dripping in pussy...

• Girls like tall cute guys, not all tall guys regardless of their appearance or attitude

• @RachelBrigs There so tall you can't see their faces well enough to know if they're cute...

• Ya I'm about 6'2 1/2" and it's super hard to find pants that are long enough but not really wide

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 10

• But I would kill to have these problems! XD I hate being 5'2

• I'm 5'9, love my height, but growing up as always the tallest girl, people would always try and convince me I was taller than I was. Oh you must be 5'10, or 6 ft, let's pull out the measuring tape. I think the major one for me is ALWAYS leg room. I'm rarely a passenger in a car, but when I am, its always this jockeying for leg room situation where I'm always pleading for someone to scoot up or let me sit in the front or letting them know I can't scoot up because my knees are on the dash. The worst car I've been in was the older model mustang which had zero head or leg room in the back seat. I was folded up like a pretzel and spent the whole car ride praying we didn't get in an accident because I was surely going to be crushed and smashed up the way I was jammed in there.

• Amen! I'm 5'10" and can definitely relate to all of those points.
    The worst is when people, at least when they first meet me, just stand there saying '... what are you, like six-feet tall?'

As if just because I'm taller than average, I'm by default past the 6-foot line. I always want to reply by asking if they've hit 5 feet yet. :P

• My boyfriend is 6'5 and he always gets back pain. And his joints aren't as strong as mine (apparently if you're taller your joints are weaker?)

But yeah, he can relate to these things lol

• hahah... I always wanted to be tall!

• All of these are true especially #6. One time I was in a movie theater and the seat in front of me was hitting my legs. Then a guy came and sat in that seat and then my legs were squished and numb. After the movie when I stood up it felt like I'd been on a trampoline for 5 hours and I almost tripped like 7 times just trying to get to the exit XD

• 5'10" here!! Number four though 😂😂 there's also trouble with wearing pants but I guess it would go with the sleeves :)

Sometimes I would walk around and hear people whisper "omg she's so tall"

Ugh. But I love being tall tho! Wouldn't change that for the world!!

• or your body is to long for medium clothes but to short for large clothes (im 5'9)

• I have something just like this I need to post

• You're not even that tall hahab