The troubles of being tall

This is my first myTake so bare with me. I'm 5'8 by the way, some of these I don't relate to but that's just because I'm tall of a woman, whereas tall guys are a lot taller

1. People asking, "How's the weather up there?" or saying, "You're tall." Thanks for pointing it out in case I didn't know.

The troubles of being tall

2. Too short sleeves

3. Awkward hugs where your boobs go in the small person's face

4. "One size fits all" why you always lying

5. Beds are too small

6. In airplanes your knees hit the seat in front of you

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 32

• True. Except for the girl specific stuff.

1. "You should play basketball." Yes, except 'not being terrible at it' is far more important than mere height.

2. I actually have one shirt where the sleeves are too long. It's a weird feeling.

4. Just buy a bigger size and slim fit, so it still fits to your torso.

5, Unless you buy a superking, this is true.

6. FUCK THESE FUCKERS. As soon as the wheels are up, back comes the seat. Half the time you go to the washroom and see the asshole is some eight year old turd whose feet don't even reach the floor.

• That's why I think that at 6'1 I have a perfect height. Not too tall and not short either.

• There is a story about Wilt Chamberlain, the late NBA star, who was 7-1. One day one too many guy asked him "how is the weather up there?". He spit on his head, and said "raining".

• Let me give you an online *hug*. I understand this perfectly being 6'3. When I saw the one in the airplane I almost began crying.

• I am also 5'8" and these problems like never apply to me.
    And I wouldn't call you tall since you're my height.

• But you're a boy. She's certainly not short for a girl.

• @BeeNee The avg here is abut 5'6 i think for girls, and guys is around 6'-6'1. All my friends are really short, so it's always made me feel tall, and I've always been called tall because they're small compared to me. But this generation is taller than the last, and it's not too bad

• @BeeNee well I feel short, if you're talking to me.

• I am 6.0 and agree with you on the thing about beds.
    And in my house the height of 2 doors is like 5.9 so if I forget to duck while passing through them I can hit my head, and it hurts like shit, here average height is 5.6. I think it's time I move out cause, if I crossed 6.0 other doors are 6.0 or 6.1, I will colloid on each one, if I ever forget to duck.
    And about the chairs yes I need to expand my legs or they go numb

• That might be impressive for other girls who are smaller than you, but we guys know those feels except for boobs. Well, maybe some guys also know about the boob-problem as well...

• Trust me I know the feeling even though I'm a bit taller, it just seems like they don't make things for tall people and I don't think they ever have unless you want to pay more for it but seriously I hate being tall somethings especially with short doors

• #2. It's really hard finding long sleeve shirts and jackets/sweaters that have the sleeves long enough. If I do get one that has the sleeves long enough every other part of it is too big. Clothing is made for short chubby people...

• Cool Take, it's funny but true :P

• I'm 6ft 1 and I wouldn't call myself tall but I really get number 5. I broke a seat on my school bus because I put my legs up like in the picture and it was so tight my knees went straight through the seat :P

• im like 6'8" to 6'9" (2,03-2,06m), dont really know. i have difficulties to messure my height, cause the folding rule is only 2m long.

totally can relate to that, the most annoying thing is the bed and the blanket.

• i am 5'11'' world seems to built around this average height :) but a couple of times at the urinals here in india, had to bend a little because its way too down lol

• I love my cal king bed:P

• i am 6'4" and i can barely label myself as truly tall 5'8" is nothing you know nothiing about tall people problems and by the way 5'11" adn up is tall for a girl

• How tall are you?

• No worries you're not that tall. I would literally be looking down at you.

• I think every guy is okay with number 3.

• Due to #3, makes me glad I'm tall.

• Lol try 6'2-3"-ish, your head bumps on everything.

• I had a boyfriend who was 6"6 once. He had to duck under everything in my house and he had to pick me up to hug me

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 10

• I'm 5'9, love my height, but growing up as always the tallest girl, people would always try and convince me I was taller than I was. Oh you must be 5'10, or 6 ft, let's pull out the measuring tape. I think the major one for me is ALWAYS leg room. I'm rarely a passenger in a car, but when I am, its always this jockeying for leg room situation where I'm always pleading for someone to scoot up or let me sit in the front or letting them know I can't scoot up because my knees are on the dash. The worst car I've been in was the older model mustang which had zero head or leg room in the back seat. I was folded up like a pretzel and spent the whole car ride praying we didn't get in an accident because I was surely going to be crushed and smashed up the way I was jammed in there.

• Amen! I'm 5'10" and can definitely relate to all of those points.
    The worst is when people, at least when they first meet me, just stand there saying '... what are you, like six-feet tall?'

As if just because I'm taller than average, I'm by default past the 6-foot line. I always want to reply by asking if they've hit 5 feet yet. :P

• My boyfriend is 6'5 and he always gets back pain. And his joints aren't as strong as mine (apparently if you're taller your joints are weaker?)

But yeah, he can relate to these things lol

• All of these are true especially #6. One time I was in a movie theater and the seat in front of me was hitting my legs. Then a guy came and sat in that seat and then my legs were squished and numb. After the movie when I stood up it felt like I'd been on a trampoline for 5 hours and I almost tripped like 7 times just trying to get to the exit XD

• or your body is to long for medium clothes but to short for large clothes (im 5'9)

• hahah... I always wanted to be tall!

• 5'10" here!! Number four though 😂😂 there's also trouble with wearing pants but I guess it would go with the sleeves :)

Sometimes I would walk around and hear people whisper "omg she's so tall"

Ugh. But I love being tall tho! Wouldn't change that for the world!!

• You're not even that tall hahab

• But I would kill to have these problems! XD I hate being 5'2

• I have something just like this I need to post