Plastic Surgery, Destroying Natural Beauty Since...

First I want to say that I think people with injuries or who are born with a congenital defect and want to change that should totally do that if they want to. This is more about plastic surgery only for "beauty" purposes.

I think every person has the right to do what they want with their body so I think it's a persons own decision if they want to do it or not but if t becomes a normal thing then I see it as a problem.

First of all we have to say that everybody has different preferences so you can never appeal to everyone really. But that doesn't mean you should change anything. Just try and show yourself the way you are in the best light. Don't follow beauty trends that are not possible for you to follow, just be yourself. If you want to look like a celebrity find someone who actually has a similar body to you.

If you are skinny don't try and have a huge ass like people seem to think is great in the U.S. atm and if you have a wider build with curves don't try to look like a runway model. It seems that a lot of people want what they can't have instead of trying to focus on what they do have. The same goes for the face.

I always thought Renee Zellweger looked cute with her big cheeks, they were her trademark pretty much but who is that ? I can't tell.

Park Bom a singer from my favorite Kpop group 2NE1 has had several surgeries and completely destroyed what was once a beautiful face.

But I don't think plastic surgery is only a bad idea if you "go too far."

All of the people who went too far started off thinking they'll only do a little bit. And also I think you can destroy your beauty if you only do one procedure.

Lee Hi who is a very talented singer I will link one of her songs because I like it.

She had a very cute face but she decided to change her nose. In Asia a lot of people think their faces are too flat and they want a more 3 dimensional look.

People even congratulated her on her "upgraded" looks. For me her nose doesn't fit her face at all. She made herself look like a doll, her real face and all the character it had is gone forever. Now she has no real individuality anymore it looks like a face from the factory.

Just because a bunch of people tell you something doesn't mean they're right. Please just think about it a lot if you ever consider this and also think about what you're losing and not just what you hope to gain. There are people who like the way you look even if you don't know it. So make them happy by showing your natural beauty instead of carving it up.

Just a plea from me.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 12

• Lawd... that Asian girl now looks like a transexual. Which confuses me.

• Honestly the ones you listed didn't change themselves too badly. I thought you were gunna list a lot of terrible plastic surgeries (the only one you did was M. J.)

• I wanted to say tthat even when things don't go really badly then can still lose a lot.

• LoL ok I just thought thought the last girl for instance hd a cute face :( . http://i.imgur.com/NF98n7Q.jpg
      The new nose doesn't really fit her face it looks weird in my opinion and she also doesn't really look unique anymore. But that's just my opinion you can have a different one of course ;).

• Yeah I thought she looked better with her original nose. (But she doesn't look horrible with her new nose) You know what they say the features you were born with are supposed to be your best features. Lol.

• It can be good, and it can be bad. The important thing is to find a good surgeon who will actually try to put the brakes on people with body image disorders rather than hack their face to bits. That being said, an adult can do what an adult wants-constructive or not. :/

• good one! natural is beautiful 💖

• Typical. Kpop stars are always getting plastic surgery.

• A lot of them do but a lot of them don't aswell. And there's a lot of western celebrities who do it too, they just try to be as discrete and subtle as possible. Some people say Tom Cruis has had multiple procdures over the years and the last picture there raised many suspicions because his face was kinda swollen. But the changes are very subtle and hard to detect so who knows how many he's had. I think a lot of celebrities just can't handle the pressure of beeing judged for their looks everytime they show themselves to the public. It's probably a lot to take. And those gossip "journalists" are fucking brutal. I have a pretty thick skin if somebody says douchey things about me it bounces off most of the time but I imagine it's still a lot to take, especially if your public image also influences your career.
      www.thesun.co.uk/.../2691641.main_image.jpg

• You got me with the kpop... love them so much lol. Is that Minah on your profile? I guess you must be a kpop fan like me

• Yes it's Minah, 2NE1 is my favorite group because of their music and performances and energy and coolness etc. But when it comes to who I like the most It's SNSD Sunny and Minah ;) . I don't like the word bias sry I think it sounds stupid.

• Cute girls are totally my weakness. I melt inside :P. But it doesn't always work, has to be the right girl I guess :). Sunny is the cutest in my opinion :). Hyuna has a little bit of cuteness but she mostly has a lot of presence, confidence star power and sexyness. I would say she's only a little cute. I never really got into IU I know she's a big star but her music was kinda boring to me.

• On stage Hyuna is sexy but I like watching her on shows like when she was on invincible youth. She kinda seems like she has the mentality of a child just like Victoria they both talk to plants and animals like they can talk back and it's so cute. But I actually think they both might have mental delays. Cause I know Asian girls axt cute and childish but those two seem more slow

• I don't like men with steroid bodies either. A bit of naturally toned muscle around the biceps is really hot. But steroids are grose and disgusting. Just like fake boobs.

• Bom still looks beautiful!! I'll fight you if you say different. A better example would've been Jung Hyosung of Secret. Now there's a train wreck.

• Just because I'm a fan of the group or you are doesn't mean you have to defend every decision they make. I don't want people to give her hate ut I think it's pretty clear that she has needs help no?

• I understand you. Hyosung used to be my number female soloist but she's done some serious work on herself and it's really sad. I pity how much she's altered herself. She's not the same face I crushed on for a while. I can't look at her without shaking my head. That is, when I can even recognize her. I used to follow her IG account and I'd scroll past her selca and go wtf is that and have to look at the account name to figure it out. It got to be too much and I unfollowed her.

Bom at least looks like Bom. I wish she'd have left her nose alone. Other than that think she's okay. I hope she doesn't do anything else to herself.

• Well I think that's the problem she didn't just have one surgery she had at least 3 probably more it's hard to tell sometimes. So I really think she has a problem and she won't stop by herself T_T. I hope she does but I don't think she will.

• I think Michael was transracial like Rachel dalzoel. But yea, Bom it's sad she fucked up her face.

• Why people always talk about bad side of plastic surgery? Really it can be really good.
    img3.rnkr-static.com/.../...plastic-surgery-u1.jpg

actsurgery.com/.../...yun-EXO-Plastic-Surgeryb.jpg

They look a lot better after plastic surgery. It's not bad he can be really good.

• If people changing something about themselves makes them happy, then why shouldn't it be totally okay to do so? After all, it's their body and them who have to live with it.

• Yes it is "okay" but the point I was trying to make was not that it should be forbidden but that people should not try and fit some standard that they can't reach or change something jst because one feature is generally liked but it might not fit them etc. Like you said they have to live with it and that's why think people should be more cautious.

• If changing makes them happy then I see no reason not to.

• It's the individual they want to be "perfect" until they fuck up their body then try to fix it by getting more surgery they don't know when to stop

What Guys Said 12

• What Michael did to himself is just... awful.

Of course, we're talking about someone that needed psychological help by the time he was 13 and never got it.

• Yeah. Pity he never got the help. You (or at least me) could see him crying for help every time you saw him

• I don't mean random strangers; I meant the people in his life. Those who handled every aspect of his career were as much a part of his life - if not more - than his family. And his family was such a mess and obviously never cared about his well-being, you'd assume SOMEONE around him would step up. Never happened, though.

• True, but I've never been in that situation, it might be more difficult than you think. Even if there was a person that really cared about him they might be to intimidated to speak up, or scared he'll take it the wrong way, or maybe someone did say somethig and he dismissed them. He has the power pretty much and not everybody likes to hear "you need help". So most people will just try to please him. Maybe someone did try or maybe everyone just went along we don't really know butit's definitely a tough life to be a star.

• Deep down Michael Jackson was a little white girl (who wanted little white boys) and plastic surgery helped him achieve that dream. It also helped him touch little boys

• I'm thinking of doing it myself. I'm Korean American and I'd like some Caucasian features to attract women.

• I don't think any woman who won't date you because you're Asian will change her mind because you look slightly different. I woul try to find someone who likes you the way you are. But it's your choice of course.

• It's too hard for me to attract women.

• The 1991 version of Wacko Jacko actually looks kind of pretty

• Almost all women I who did plastic surgery became less attractive. To me at least.

• agree. and boob jobs. people hav got ti stop getting boob jobs

• Plastic surgery/any kind of unnatural alteration (I think) = definite no-no

• Most plastic surgery today looks good if done correctly. A few retards with psychological issues does not account for every person that has gotten work done. I take anabolic steroids so I'm not exactly natural beauty. I look amazing though so the haters can fck off.

• Michael Jackson was called 'Bignose' throughout his already unhappy childhood.

• The flat bridge of the nose is the cutest thing!!!

How fucking stupid...

• Y I think it's cute too but I guess if everybody around you has it then it's not considered beautiful anymore or something. People are weird I don't know.

• body modifications have been part of cultures for thousands of years, modern science has just made it more extreme.

• no they don't. It just depends on the surgeon. They can actually make you more attractive in some cases.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vzs3DVAQ_4w/hqdefault.jpg

• That photo was a fake. She did it for a company advertising plastic surgery and people thought those kids were really hers when they weren't. She never had plastic surgery though, and the memes people made about her ruined her modeling career.

• @EllieLexis513 Well point still stands. it's a hit or miss. Surgeon if he's good will make u more attractive. If he's bad will fuck up your face.