10 Surprising Photos From History

10. Gerald R. Ford

It may surprise you to know that Gerald R. Ford, the only un-elected president was a male model. That is him on the cover of Cosmopolitan April 1942

9. Mark Twain and Nikola Tesla

It may surprise you that Nikola Tesla and Mark Twain were good friends though it should be a cool surprise not a bad surprise. This is a photo of Mark Twain and Nikola Tesla in Tesla's Lab.

8. Baby Cages in the windows of a 1930s apartment

In the 1930's people who lived in apartments often bought Baby Cages that they would put in their window so their baby could get fresh air and sunlight. Honestly I'm really glad this doesn't happen anymore.

7. Theodore Roosevelt attends the funeral procession of Abraham Lincoln

This somber photograph shows a young Theodore Roosevelt viewing the funeral procession of Abraham Lincoln this photograph humbles me.

6. Osama Bin Laden and Family in Sweden

That is a photo of Osama Bin Laden as a child and his family taken while they were on vacation in Sweden in the 1970s.

5. Kim Jong Un went to school WHERE!

That is a photo of Kim Jong Un. It certainly surprised me to know that Kim Jong Un went to SCHOOL IN FREAKING SWITZERLAND. That is a photo of him and his class. All those kids can say that they went to school with a psychotic dictator. Ah Swiss neutrality at its finest.

4. Martin Luther King Jr. Removes a burned cross from his yard

The courage of this man to be able to get out of bed in the morning when things like that happened routinely. It just shows to go just how much of a complete monster every single Klansman is.

3. The World's First Selfie

This is the world's first selfie. It's called the self portrait of Robert Cornelius and it was taken in 1839.

2. Pre-Taliban Afghanistan

It may surprise you to know that before the Taliban came to Afghanistan that the country was moving forward to democracy and their constitution guaranteed equal rights for women. This photograph shows just what kind of damage the Taliban did to the Islamic world, Hopefully someday it will return.

1. A photo of Humanity on the moon

In 1972 Apollo Astronaut Charles Duke left a photograph of him and his family on the moon. It still stands there as an enduring testament not only him and the love of his family but also it represents the love that is present in all of humanity.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 5

• Awesome pictures. ^^

This made me think of this photo I saw when looked at stumbleupon. Apparently the skeletons in the pictures are over 2,000 years old.
    ideaspots.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/31-2.jpg

• Whoever is kneeling in green in Bin Laden's family, looks like a pimp. It's crazy to see how different things were for some Muslims families back then vs now. (clothes) I read Persepolis and it's about a woman. And she said things got more strict as time went by in her life in Iran after the Islamic Revolution... :/

• haha I love this take and the pic's!

• Wow... that pixelated picture definitely proves that Teddy Roosevelt was there.

• wow this is cool i learned quite a few things :) very helpful. nice mytake waffy love

What Guys Said 3

• Interesting pictures!
    (I knew about Afghanistan modernizing. But the tribal chiefs hated that evolution and started a guerilla. As well the Afghan govt as the tribal chiefs asked American military help I read. Cater considered the Afghan govt too leftist and Brzezinski suggested helping the tribes, which would make the govt turn towards the Soviets, who would get "their Vietnam" if they intervened. On 3 July 1979, Carter signed a presidential finding authorizing funding for 'anticommunist' guerrillas in Afghanistan.

www.sikharchives.com/.../brzezinski21010.jpg

The trap worked and it was the only time the Soviet Union invaded (in December 1979) a country outside the Eastern Bloc—a strategic decision met by nearly worldwide condemnation. And a start to its demise.

• That's also legit

• Nice to know that teddy Roosevelt was really 5 pixels in real life 😂