4 Things People Need to Stop Saying About Feminism

Since there been nothing about people bitching about feminism and I'm getting annoyed enough to write about this. So here it is things people need to stop saying about feminism.

1. I'm a man hater

Funny the people who says I'm a man hater because I'm a feminist but doesn't have ANY evidence I said anything negative towards the male gender. Also funny how I am getting grouped with people that said this shit (as feminists) when in fact I never said these kind of things. Funny when I look online I see way more people bashing women then so call feminists. People who hate feminists doesn't want feminists to group people and judge every man for one man actions but.... your doing the same thing to feminists.

2. I don't not think men or anyone is less then women

Someone please speak to every single feminist in the world and ask her if she feels this way then to assume I feel that way. Assumptions don't get you far and make you look stupid when you have no evidence to back up your assumption that every feminist feels that men are less then women.

3. I promote hate against men.

I laugh at this all the time all the time because you see way more online men and women bashing feminism.Also what's funny is you say feminists are promoting hate but how are you getting far if your promoting hate as well.

4. I am not sorry about the extreme feminists

When I see people who are so against feminism it makes me realize. I am not sorry for the extreme feminists because lets face it if you going to hate me for no reason or not getting to know me because I'm feminist.I'm not sorry that the extremists are getting on your nerves I say GOOD. Plus if I'm not doing the crap they are doing I'm not going to say sorry for them and I'm not going to defend their actions but I can defend the movement.

Plus not every crazy extremist online shows the whole group views. Don't assume when you have not talk to every single feminist. Plus don't assume what you think its true if you not talking to every person part of the group. When you only see extremist behavior you seem the worst about people who are part of the movement.

NatashaJ is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 47

When you REAL FEMINIST don't turn a blind eye and be silent at the campaigns made by the VOCAL feminist to slander your name I'd be more incline to not say these things. The problem is many REAL FEMINIST remain silent and let the CRAZY come up up with fake statistics, and voice ridiculous claims about men and female oppression in society and just remain silent.

After all bad publicity is still publicity.

Your title is "4 Things People Need to Stop Saying About Feminism" but people who say these things don't NEED to stop saying them. Actually, your title should be "4 Things I Wish People would Stop Saying About Feminism." There is a great deal of people-not-saying-what-they-mean going around.

All need to lose the 'Hysteria' over it- that is all

I agree with this

To the people who downvoted me,
      I'm a feminist because of how I was raised by my parents and my mother does actually promote mens rights as well.
      She promotes equal paternity leave
      she is very outspoken about advocating for having women sign up for the draft (My mother is ex-military)
      She also is pro have shelters for male victims of domestic abuse.
      To me, if you don't want any of those, they you aren't really promoting feminism

@Bobbyhill1 I'm not going to read your shit I"m just going to block you off here ass

@Bobbyhill1 by the way shut the hell up and don't act like you know what I'm doing like of course I'm all for human rights but a feminists is that too, if your so smart you would know extremists twist that for their own gaining but you think know everything. Plus calling me a sexist for what? I'm calling ALL you morons both men and women morons because you all are morons. I don't even condone male genital mutilation so stfu about that. Since that more of a religion thing and I'm atheist so no I"m not condoning it or part of that. Again you think you know what your talking about but feminism is for men and women but its more towards women because lets fact it back then you guys have way more privileges then women did. Just because its not fair today doesn't mean its not better then the older days. So stfu with your bullshit.

Pretty much what @fearless_banana said, he nailed it.

great take. i agree

When feminists stop fighting against the way men sit, we may start believing that you don't dislike men.
    I mean, seriously, is it really sexist and oppressing that I sit with my legs apart because it's more comfortable?
    Also, when you stop saying it's sexist that the AC is colder than what you want, we may start believing you.

Feminists can't say stuff like in this Take and then do the complete opposite. Actions speak louder than words.

never heard a single feminist i know complain or even talk about the way men sit... sounds like the feminist you know are a bit loony

@madhatters4 I agree with that (except for the fine part). And I'm not saying it's ok to occupy two seats because you have balls, my problem is with making it illegal, getting arrested, or even fined. Yes, it's rude to have two seats while people are standing, but if you have a problem, go there and tell them you want to sit down. If you don't say anything, you won't get anything. If a baby doesn't cry, his not gonna get fed.
      The problem is that it's not just about occupying two seats, it's having your legs opened no matter what. I've seen pictures of guys sitting like that, taken by girls and complaining about it, but if you look at the pic, the subway/bus is almost empty. So it's not because you're impeding people from sitting down, it's simply just having your legs opened.

in those situations it's the personal problem of a female. but no rider has been arrested simply because their legs were spread and a rider found it offensive

we will always call you psychotic fuckers out on exactly what you do and there's not a goddamn thing you can do to stop us. (though you've been trying for decades) this post is pathetic. you're pathetic.

You don't get to force people see you in a certain light. i don't care if its glorifying to your delusional self image. you get to choose how you act and who you associate with and we absolutely will judge you on that. No amount of mealy mouthed excuses or trying to rephrase or reframe what you do is going to change that and the only person who falls for it is you.

Funny how I'm patheic when you don't even know you just a judgmental prick because I'm a feminist I'm pathetic what's next because I'm black if I was I'm criminal go fuck yourself.

Show me the proof I'm psychotic you can't even do that because there no evidence but this post show psychotic you are.

See you just too stupid to get what I said I'm blocking you cunt bye asshole.

Feminism is all about power. The left itself is all about power (government power). The left uses women with feminism to gain more government power. Feminist want government to pay for abortions, birth control, housing, school etc. Feminism said depending on men was oppression. How is depending on government any different than depending on men. Feminist are delusional liberal sheep. Power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolutely. Liberals want to give government more power and wonder why government is so corrupt. Thinking government is corrupt and still wants to give them power. Liberals are complete idiots.

You do realize feminism play a great role in a lot of rights women didn't have before right? and by the way I rather be a liberal then a trump supporter like you.

You know who needs feminism really bad?

Third World Countries!

And your point is? like we don't know this?

Well it sounds like you want to offend me and I'm Canadian I don't care for your rights until I enter your country. But googling it would help you understand more and people don't realize it wasn't always like today where western women have a lot.

I just feel that women rights isn't necessary?

Right now they're starving kids in Africa, kids in Saudi Arabia being educated with violence, and kids in China working for their industrialized country?

So women rights really isn't relevant towards western society?

honestly you can call yourself whatever you want i dont react based on labels but rather behaviour, if you're a bitch, sleep around, bad quality... etc you can dowhatever you want but i ain't dating you, basically all this "rights for women " things is not needed in the west anymore these days and the simple fact is that men are going to treat women as they see fit not the way women want, iam going to act like a guy and be attracted to women that act like women and have good values so basically you're irrelevant.

Well I agree with you judge on actions not a label I choose for myself.

sigh... You 'feminists' just don't get it do you?

You associate yourself with the exact kinds of people who you claim not to be under the exact same name and expect to be treated differently.

That's like Martin Luther King joining the Black Panthers in an attempt for civil justice. Or any religious person saying their religion is good because they themselves aren't blowing shit up, shooting up a club, and etc.

And why are you "real" feminists not credible, nor respectable, either? Because you haven't done anything for your movement, aside from letting the lunatics dictate what it is. Who got to speak to the UN for internet harassment with doctored facts? Who got to be invited to Google to give a presentation about harassment? Who started up a pointless stifle about themselves using the gamergate tag?

Your position as a "feminist" comes off to me as just another idle soul that lets the loonies do whatever the fuck they want.

Do I have the time to learn about you specifically? No.

I am not going to even bother to try to understand you if you just going to be like that bye Felicia.

My main concern with feminism is how they often have a tendency to ignore the problems of men (murder rates, homeless rates, drop out rates in school, suicide rates, probability of developing mental health disorders, etc. all these men are more likely to suffer from). They also attribute characteristics of men (such as propensity for violence) to their upbringing (they say men are raised to be violent), or ignore the issues that clearly need to be addressed (the rate o abuse present in the lesbian population). Lastly, feminists usually use the guise of fighting for equality to gain advantages over men. I am in medical school, and women had a portion of the tuition paid for, got free books, and a free laptop. These things they were given were most likely paid for by ME, and my male colleges. When a woman or a man says: "Women have it worse than men." I have a huge problem with it. This morosophic statement shows how ignorant they are, and how truly uneducated they are. People have it bad, and people need help. Not men. Not women. Just people.

Well I agree some feminists do that but there so many groups that need help its hard to help them all. But do I think we constantly need to do something for women in the west? no I just think people need to do stuff when someone being abused. Like in the work force, home etc.

Just stop forcing your ideas into women

What ideas exactly? and which one is becoming a issue?

I never said I felt that way and no that's extremists not true feminists do that.

Fair enough

well why would you not want us to say these things if man shaming is accepted within the feminist community. Sure there are a few of you good apples out there that actually stand for equal rights BUT you are not the majority therefor we will keep saying these things until you deal with your own movement.

Your points start with "I". You don't represent all feminists.

I will say what I like about feminism and none of it will be good.

Also we don't hate REAL feminists we hate EXTREME feminists because they act like white lives are the only ones who matter most of the time they kick us out of school then complain about the wage gap when the reason is A they do a horrible job or B they have a different job then they complain about bargirls tits being to big

Sir have you seen these comments? most of them don't care if its real or extreme they hate them regardless.

Good point but mainly because the words feminist, rape have been twisted so much so little people know what they realy mean also now EXTREAM feminist think there is a group of people called menists

How did someone with such poor grammar become an editor? Come on, GaG.

I am not against woman rights but some feminist are stupid and they present crazy things as evidence,

I think feminist need to read this text before presenting any evidence,
    "Human Physiology: From Cells To Systems"

• More from Guys
    27

What Girls Said 13

I'm not a feminist because I think it's a movement that hates men

Sorry, I've never seen a good feminist. Honestly, you seem like a radical feminist by telling people what not to say.

The fact that you completely blew over men's issues and laughed at them because you see "way more" of it happening to women shows you're the problem that people have with feminism. People see what they want to see in order to feed their delusions. Feminism is a work of the devil and you're one of his pawns.

Maybe there a reason why I'm laughing at this people on here if you didn't notice they assuming crap about me then want me to them seriously why should i?

Why don't feminists stop lying? The 78cents to the dollar myth has been debunked so many times.

Agree 100%

The problem is that the radicals aren't just a "fringe group" anymore. The National Organization for Women gave an award to a false rape accuser, yet they do nothing against the blatantly sexist Duluth Model? I cannot call myself a part of that movement.

That is because there no uproar about the national organization for women and someone needs to bring to light their are not true feminists and should be disband or replace the people that run it. Besides the evidence of the mattress girl lying came out after that and during that time only a small group of people were questioning whether she was telling the truth. Now we know she was lying and she a piece of shit.

they*

yes!!!

When feminists stop hating men, I will stop calling them man-haters.
    When feminists stop saying that women are better than men, I will stop saying that they think women are better than men.

When guys stop making pink accounts, I will stop replying to their comments.

If you won't criticize the 'extreme ' feminists, you are defending them, in practice. And since the 'extreme' are most of the modern feminist movement, you're joining with them when you defend the 'movement.'

I never said I agree with them so don't tell me I agree with them if you never heard me said it.

No, you pretend not to support them, but Ike a lot of people, you stick to political correctness an refuse to apologize for them or criticize them.

Guess what, That means you support them in practice. It's like Trumo refusing to criticize David Duke. He claims not to support him.. but, guess what?

No I don't please provide evidence like I said to someone else they being extreme. Also don't sit here and try to tell what I support I don't support them. They call themselves feminists for all I care because I know they not real feminist. I never be sorry for this bullshit.

Personally, I think the bigger problem at large, as that so many of us get stuck on labeling both ourselves and others. I don't like labels, and try my best to not use them... but I'm sure that I'm not 100% successful in that effort.

While, I can identify with SOME of the typical feminist objectives and beliefs, I don't identify myself as one. A new user labeled me as "a feminizi" the other day, because I was telling some dude how wrong he was about why most girls that wear padded bras, don't do it to "get attention fro men". He knew nothing about me, yet he drew that conclusion.

I've been called a "feminist, a slut," and I can't remember what else, because I hate to see people judge others and use slurs to label them. So I must have an agenda, and therefor I must be labeled as something.

What's with all the labels anyway?

For instance, I try to eat healthy. I mostly eat fruits and vegetables, but I do sometimes eat meat and fish. I don't hunt or fish, but some of the people in my family do. I love animals. But do I have to join PETA or be a vegan to not be labeled as something that doesn't respect animal life?

It all starts to sound pretty fucking ridiculous to me. What's next? Fruitarian?

https://youtu.be/vXIdcA6mlV4

Labels are so important. If we let gays live as they want. their asses would be so wide that shit happens

I'm sure that you're right about that. My point is that because we all choose to label each other, extremists get lumped in with the more level headed ones... and you can point to any group that labels itself and see that happen.

I just choose to state my positions on issues without the labels... and even that gets me labeled (incorrectly) once in a while by people that jump to conclusions and make assumptions. ✌

I agree 1000%! if you have an opinion that disagrees with a guy your a feminist or feminazi. If you disagree with a Sl*t shamer you are immediately a sl*t. I have opinions on a variety of subjects but won't let anyone else label me for their lack of understanding or reasoning. If you want to use a label on me, refer to one of the ones I've used for myself in my profile.
      As for the carrots, Those poor old carrots. That's beastly. Lol.

A-fucking-men sister!

As a feminist myself, I can't not agree with this.
    It's just ridiculous how many misconceptions people online have of feminists, when logically, labelling all feminists these ridiculous things, it's the exact same thing as labelling all Muslims "terrorists". Only that one is frowned upon by society and the other celebrated. I don't even know where people get this idea that every feminist out there is an extremist when I can testify that I haven't encountered an actual feminazi in real life AT ALL so far, while I'm almost 100% positive that I'm walking past men and women who identify as feminists all day every day so it can't be that overwhelmingly many "feminazi" after all.

Right? I only ever see this talk about feminazis online never saw one in the flesh. But I see it too much now on social media where women will excuse men bashing women /feminists and men just like to bash men and feminists.

Yeah there's those guys on here, they are usually the misogynist kind that isn't worth a second of your time, as well :P Whenever I encounter such a guy on here and notice there's no arguing with them because they are just way too far up in their "all women are evil"-mentality I just cut it off right there.

Agree