Pitbulls: Are They Really Monsters?

a lot of people see Pitbulls in a bad light well I'm going to put some light on this what Pitbulls are actually like .

when you say pitbull people see this they see them as nothing more than killers they make them out to be monsters.

Pitbulls are thy really monsters ?

but this simply isn't true Pitbulls are just as loving as any other dog . they wore breed with terriers and bulldogs and i won't withhold the truth thy wore these dogs were used in blood sports like bull-baiting, bear-baiting and cock-fighting. but thy are not born going oo I'm going to go bite shit thy wore trained to do it just like how you wore potty trained as a toddler. once this blood sport was eliminated in 1835 Pitbulls wore then given a new role 20th-century pit bulls were used as catch dogs which if you don't know it means thy wore used to hunt,drive livestock, and as family companions .now days thy are used as companion dogs, police dogs,and therapy dogs .look at that smile if thy are cold blooded monsters would they let this happen ?if farmers thought thy would kill their livestock would thy yous them for herding sheep cows ducks and chickens even bunnies ? there is no such thing as a BAD DOG ONLY BAD OWNERS NOW I HAVE A question for you all those mean Pitbulls you hear abut or the one you see did you ever think what made it mean and tell me this would you be mean if this happened to you if you didn't fight ? the pic to the right was after he had a new home thy even cut his ears half off
and this is what happens to the ones that aren't up for the fight now i just have one more question for you do you really believe these dogs are born bad ?and ask yourself do they really deserve your hate ?

this is all i have to say thank you

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 19

I could explain to you why Ted Bundy became a serial killer, but it wouldn't change the fact that he was a killer and that his execution was justified by his danger to humanity. You can explain why the bad pit bulls are bad, but that does not eliminate the fact that they are much more aggressive - sometimes fatally so - than other breeds. Other breeds get mistreated and do not become this dangerous, so it is not simply a matter of blaming bad owners.

Almost every time we hear about a pit bull attack, the owner is quoted talking about how sweet the dog had previously been. So, when these dogs turn on humans, it is unexpected and sudden. If you have some magic to determine when a pit bull will become a bad dog, then please share that with us. If not, most of us will continue to think of this as a breed which should not be trusted.

o that is a crock of shit my dog is half pit bull and my cousin has had a full breed pit since i was 6 years old and neither are mean and neither have turned i only put this up because chocolate is really sick right now and might die. and a dog is not a person people are murders and crazy and thy do put dogs that wore used for fighting down because its to late but you can hate an entire line because of some that got a bad start and those dogs that go bad out of no where have a disease thy can't control such as rabies a ] or there brain grow faster than thare skull. so dont hand me a glass of piss and say its brandy

Yes they wore a Breed stronger than the rest and have a few issues with other animals but they wore also breed to not be aggressive towards humans they just don't go bad with out reason from a dease to being scared or beginning trained to fight. i had no intention of changing your mind people are not known for giving up thare own beliefs.

Especially ones that are stuck in the past witch is most people

The flip side is... whether because of genetics of the animal, or how people treat them due to stereotypes, pitbulls a relatively lethal breed. While breeds like labradors, for example, have plenty of bites, they don't have a lot of lethal attacks. My mom was bitten by a dog once... honestly, I can't remember if it was a lab or retriever, but I think lab. However, the wound was not anywhere near life threatening.

For example, this website, dogsbites. org, claims that from 2005-2015, pitbulls carried out 64% of fatal dog attacks on humans in the USA.

www.dogsbite.org/...statistics-fatalities-2015.php

Here's another source that remarks that pit bulls and rottweilers have a significantly higher rate of fatalities in attacks.

dogbitelaw.com/.../all-dog-bite-statistics

It's because thy are strong dogs and it wouldn't happen if people won't so mean

I'm sure you have met plenty of nice pitbulls. Yet the facts are solid--that pitbulls are a huge percent of fatal dogs attack on people. It helps give the reputation pitbulls are dangerous. Because of the people that are put in the ground from dog attacks, pitbulls are responsible for a lot of that body count.

I'm not trying to argue your statistics kind of like how Lions kill more people than cheetahs but I have been attacked by a pitbull before I bear no grudge the dog it was very clear its owners abused it it was thin and had one ear cut off with a knife and you could see where it been beaten I don't justify my actions but later on that night I came back and stole the dog Got It Bad got it healed and then found a new home with people who actually cared for the dog the owners know I took it they just didn't give a shit

This is such a wonderful take.
    Pitbulls are just like any other dog and want love and a family.
    Its sad that people hate them without knowing what they really are like

@blonde401 you'd love this

I was chased by two of them when I was ten years old and I still love them. It's the owners who can't properly care for their dogs who mess them up.

@RainbowFanGirl I was bit by a pitbull when I was 10 but I could see the owners cut off his ear and beat him so I took him a few days later

pitbulls are loyal and protective

this is a trait associated with many dogs (huskies, shepards, rotweilers, dobermans, etc)

the difference is that pitbulls have unfortunately been trained by many to be vicious attackers. this is not in their nature. you can condition any being to be a vicious attacker through training and mistreatment.

sadly the reputation of pitbulls has become pervasive to the point that people seem incapable of looking at it rationally.

um didn't i just say that?

just hard to pick up on sarcasm sometimes... no big deal. your rap is still cool with me haha

lol thanks

I've been around a number of Pit Bulls and they were, for the most part, good loving dogs. I know they can make wonderful pets for the whole family. That said, Pits are one of the dogs that still have their defensive instincts that supersede any love of family or people. I have heard enough stories about how Pits have attacked those they've treated with love for a long time. I have one experience myself. My girl friend had a wonderful Pit. Very, very friendly. The Pit would go out and play with the kids in the neighborhood and the kids loved her. She loved everyone and you couldn't have convinced me that she would ever hurt someone. A friend who the dog had been around many, many times over a two year period and played with her all the time. This friend was doing what he usually did with the dog and suddenly she turned and attacked his face tearing his upper lip off. When looking at the situation afterwards to see why the dog did attack, none of us noticed anything different. He must have moved in a certain way that alarmed her and she defended herself. The same thing has happened with small kids and babies. I would own one, but not ever take the chance of allowing the dog around children and anyone who might be afraid of Pits. It only has to happen once and the real truth is that if you can't guarantee it will never happen, and you can't, you don't put others at risk unnecessarily. Again, I am not against Pits. I'm just telling the truth that many Pit lovers want to pretend doesn't exist.

I love a RedNos Pit

Pit bulls aren't dangerous like wild predator species that WILL kill you, but I'm only saying that dog attack statistics are higher with them. Like you said, they have been and are still very commonly bred for fighting; so if fighter pit bulls procreate, the puppies will likely have inherited "attack dog" genes that can be unpredictable - and many dog attacks happen out of the blue despite training and after years of being friendly.

Do I think pit bulls should be banned? Absolutely not. I firmly believe that breeding bulldogs and pugs should be banned because of their health problems from having flat faces instead of the natural dog head structure, but banning pit bulls to stop dog violence is just like banning guns to stop gun violence: the guns are staying as far as the criminals are concerned, and if not pit bulls, they'll just breed other large dogs for fighting. Why don't they go ahead and ban all large dogs?

The dogs that I think SHOULD be banned, if anything, are pugs and bulldogs. Their faces are flat, unnatural (when you notice) compared to the head shape of other breeds, so it makes breathing and other functions harder for them.

if thy band big dogs thy will have to shoot me long before i let them have my Isabeau she is German shepherd lab  Corgis

I copied this from another myTake about pit bulls that I commented this on because I didn't want to re-type it. I didn't think I mentioned the bulldogs-&-pugs thing, but I re-read this comment and I saw that I did; so forgive me for the repetition with my last paragraph of what I already typed in the second paragraph.

hum ok my cousin used to have a pug i can say not a fan

Pitbulls were bred to be a very strong and aggressive bunch as they are naturally adapt at fighting other dogs and herding. So, yes, Pitbulls are naturally what we humans consider to be amoral. It's just a matter of raising them right to override that confrontational instinct.

Yes thy are born strong but that doesn't mean born bad mine runs up and jumps up and down wagging her tail and kissing every one who comes from the door she loves little kids but she is really strong and fast dragged me off the couch playing tug a war 😂😂😂 lol and thy are born strong like German Shepherds Wolfhounds Mastiff Rottweilers all big strong dogs pitbulls go along just with them as being just as nice unfriendly the only time a dog is mean as if it has a disease such rabies or if a bad owner

Coolbeans.

I wouldn't say they were bred to be amoral just violent I mean is violence amoral we as a species nation and culture not only condone violence but thrive off it American military and corporations have invaded nations to further their interests our culture eradicated other cultures and stole their land and we go about the controlled genocide of other species to support our carnivorous diets does that make you or me amoral just because it's what we were made to do

Its not so much that Pitbulls are mean as they are just hyper protective. Also the way how pets act is often the end result of how the owner treats them. Neglection and abuse can lead to pets and even humans into a depression state that can come with huge anger flares and unstable emotions.

Owners tell the world their dogs are nice... but many have them trained to attack.

media2.wcpo.com/.../...25033017_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

There is allways things that are born bad but yes not all pitbulls are bad in my time they've been quite friendly I've only been nibbled by dogs

I love my pitbull, my life would not be complete without him. His name is Arnold :3

They get a bad rap , I've got friends that have pit bulls and they are just as sweet as can be.
    There are no bad pit bulls , just bad owners

I made this because my cousin's pit is really sick right now

That's great, I'm glad to hear that.

Yah he is his tail wagging fat ass self again

It doesn't matter what they are, it is still an animal with no concept of morals whose brain can turn bonkers at any point in its life and chew up your kids to pieces.
    If you ask me, I want nothing big enough to kill me or my kids in my house, ever.

My dogs have never turned on me or anyone in my family my dogs have saved my life a Few times Lucy saved my grandma from 2 men who broke in when she was all alone

And Tony left bruises are crossed his kids face if they managed to spill their drink thy wore 4 and 8 what did u think would happen

You are dumb. You don't pin point a serial killer and say you will not make friends or invite this human to your house... It could very well be your dad or your brother, and you wouldn't even know it, having then over for dinner or living under your very roof... The point is, the way you are talking easily applies to all humans as we'll... As you never know which human will turn out rotten and crazy... So should you live in a cave deprived of all human contact bpnust because some humans turn out to be crazy killers? Um no! Unless you're psychotic yourself... Just the same, one should not live in defeat of all dogs especially afraid of some breeds in specific, solely because some have attacked etc. etc... It's just ignorant and frankly paranoia type of oersonality to have that mentality. You are not very bright.

Nice myTake, my cousin has a pitbull and he is amazing :)

Thanks and my cousins has a pitbull to but he is not doing to well now he is sick

They're not monsters. My grandparents have a pit, she's wonderful.

I know thy are it's why I made this that and my cousins pit chocolate is really sick right now

I blame the lazy owners more than the dog. There are certain dog breeds which are known to be more vicious than others, but if they have a decent owner they'll be less likley to do something surprising unless provoked or surprised

Beautiful My Take young lady :) <3

Yes you are right they aren't born bad as a breed but are trained and used for vicious reasons that tend to be profit racketeering. I've known these muscular dogs to be trained for killer sports, dog fighting etc especially in the border of Pakistan & Afghanistan. They are fed anabolic steroids that ruin their health in the long run and when they are done with the dog they are put down.

These chaps can have a nasty temper but they can be reared to be loving for sure :)

Good take!! And you're right, they do get a bad reputation. And it usually is the owners that cause there behavior.

Dog fighting is so messed up! I hate that the criminals who do that stuff, get off so easily. Weeks to months maybe A year of jail time. What rubbish!!

Pitts are still not my go to breed of dog! Far from it. I personally am not a fan. I guess I do believe in them turning on there owners a bit to much. It's contradicting to what I said above I know but, it's sort of how they been represented for so long.

Cute pics tho. The smiling one and dog with kids.

thanks and i did this becuss my cousins pit is really sick right now

Haha chocolate!! Funny name & yeah I'm sure he would lol😋😊

Lol he is the color of a chocolate bar that has a swirl of white chocolate so grand paw named him that

What Girls Said 12

Dogs are never born bad, just people and other factors tend to make them act bad. It's the same with people but yes some people naturally tend to be more aggressive but it doesn't mean they're dangerous.

The 2 dogs I have are half Australian Shepard and half pitpull. They're both extremely sweet and silly and have never tried to hurt anyone not even strangers.

ya i know i have a half pit how loves new people she hears a new voice she is running full speed down the hall waging her tail rubbing agentst them like you are new you must give me LOVINGS

I have a pit bull black lab mix and she's just a big baby. She may be a big brute of a girl who can push around bowling balls with her mouth, but she's convinced that she's a lap dog, and she plays with my four year old cousin whenever she comes over. The most "vicious" thing I've ever seen from her is the time she wanted to cuddle with my step dad, so she shoved my mom off of the bed with her feet so that she could have the warm side of the bed. That, or the time she tried to snatch a moth out of the air, spit it out, then kept nosing at it wondering why her friend wasn't playing with her any more.

My half pitbull Hachiko does that only she Love's up on the a cat I have no idea why but she loves that cat as soon as she sees that can immediately she started licking its face and rubbing her nose up and down the cat's belly she is very good at hip checking you out of the bed

She likes to mess with our cat. When the cat is hanging out of her litter box to poop (Not sure why she does it, but she holds her upper body out of the box) Bella (The dog) goes over and just starts licking her face. That's the only time she does it though. I found that out the other day when I heard a pitiful little "meowl" and looked down to see the dog harassing the poor defenseless kitty. Too much love at the wrong times! xD

Nice Take.

I wrote one just like this back in June where I go through the common misconceptions and dismiss them with facts and statistics. Pit Bulls are just like any other dog.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a28689-pit-bulls-monsters-or-misunderstood

Every time I think of anyone fighting these dogs it infuriates me. Like Michael Vick... now I know that there are way more than just him. But after it came out and he went to jail then come back and played for the NFL. When ever he got hurt... it just made me feel all bubbly inside. I dated a guy who had one... he was huge. But just like a big baby. Sweet as can be.

Pitbull - dangerous to human aggressive and bloodthirsty dog.

This idea of ​​the dogs of this breed is completely refuted by people who at least once had direct contact with the pit bull. This pit bull is very sociable, he is cheerful, playful disposition and very friendly disposed towards man. Pitbull rarely has an innate suspicion and distrust.
    Not a bit more than in any other breed, among the pits meet aggressive individuals. The roots of aggression in dogs often lie in their lack of confidence, and unprovoked aggression is a way to prevent and advancing the imaginary danger. This pit bull - is a fighter, completely confident in their abilities, it can not only repel any attack, and defeat any enemy, so it has no need, showing aggression, ahead of someone else's attack.

I actually really like pitbulls. My family and I actually went to a shelter to adopt our first dog and I was torn between two pitbulls, a brown female named Dutchess and a grey male named Mikey. My stepdad wanted to adopt a pitbull mix named Benny. My mom was too afraid of them. Unfortunately Dutchess and Mikey weren't adoptable because they were somebody's lost pets and we decided to not get Benny. Instead my parents decided that we'll get a pitbull puppy so my mom won't be so worried, my 2 year old brother will have some time to bond with it while it's young, and so it'll be easier to introduce it to my two cats. We're going to another shelter in a few days to see if we can find a puppy.

So I must slightly disagree. I owned 2 pittbulls, a female and a male and man did I love them. My female grew up to be extremely loyal and protective while my male grew up to be a total goof like Chance from Homeward Bound.

When I was pregnant my friend and her kids moved in with us and my female pitt was not pleased. And I know kids can pull and tug and be crazy, but just normal things like them walking by had my pitt on edge. She wouls nap with me at my stomach and I remember my friends daughter just lightly knocking on my bedroom door because I had a phone call, so she walked into the room and my dog immediately began growling and showing her teeth.

She continued to do things like that throughout my pregnancy enough that I was scared to have her around my baby. And since I didn't want to separate her from our male I found a home for both of them together with a gentleman. It broke my heart, I cried, and even debated begging for them back, but I was worried about her around my kids.

So my opinion, it isn't always about raising, it didn't make her a "bad" dog, but there are some who just aren't meant for children, other dogs, so on.

I do believe that this breed is probably one of the vest breeds for children.

I Have a German shepherd which I Love soo much!! But I can honestly say from my own experience of owning pit bulls before that they truly are the sweetest most lovable pets toward children! It all depends on how you treat them in how they turn out to be... And I can't really say the same thing for German shepherds as they can still be sweet dogs and gentle... They are far more demanding and persistent in being the alpha... So you need to be more careful in letting a child play when the rules are still not clear to your dog... At least from my experience, that's how I see it...

I never once had to make it clear to my pits that "we" are the alphas... They just simply knew when to stop something if we said it was wrong and that's that we never took them to get trained and were very very obedient.. I trained them myself. Never once did they act territorial within our own family... Where as my new german shepherd we paid for classes and yet he is still trying to be the leader from time to time and acting territorial within the family... He's doing better now but we did have to make it clear who is the alpha many times and he's not even a year old yet... He is a very smart dog but Just too persistent in being the boss.

I trust Pit bulls ❤️!! More than GSD!!! Especially around kids... But again that all depends on the type of treatment given to them by their owner. 🐶❤️!!

Pibbles (as our 5-year-old calls ours) are fantastic family dogs. One of the best breeds for families with kids.
    They're VERY protective. Their protective instinct can be warped into violence if -- and ONLY if -- they're severely maltreated, in very specific ways that promote violence (in other words, the way you train fighting dogs), pretty much right from day one.

If they're NOT specifically trained to rip other dogs' or people's throats out, pit bulls are SUPER gentle, loving, and bonded to their owners and their families.

Notably, pit bulls don't usually just pick ONE "favorite" family member to bond with -- they really do bond with the whole family.
    Lots of dog breeds tend to be strictly one-person dogs at heart -- they'll pick ONE member of their family, and bond to that ONE person, and even "defend" her/him against other family members (with barking, aggressive behavior, and -- if they've been raised wrong -- even biting). Pit bulls, generally speaking, DO NOT do this.

__

Also -- You wrote on rationalmale's comment that you "don't dispute [his] statistics".
    Well, you SHOULD dispute his statistics girlfriend.

See, this is what's MOST infuriating here -- is that soooo many of the reported "pit bull attacks" AREN'T EVEN PIT BULLS.

In way, way too many cases, you'll take one look at the police/news photos and see that they're totally different breeds of dog -- breeds that DO have genuine histories of random violence (Presa Canario, Dogo Argentino, etc).

But, most authorities are ignorant, and so they'll lump ANY offending dog that looks anywhere between a terrier and a mastiff into the category of "pit bull". It's disgusting.

I'd bet good money that less than half of the reported "pit bull attacks" actually involved pit bulls at all.

I don't doubt that the reason I made this was because my cousin's pit is really sick right now and I have a dog who is half pit she loves are cat and if someone broke in she would probably lick the half to death jump up and down and give them the tug rope she loves new people lol

There's a dog store here in LA whose owner does that. He personally volunteers as a rescuer, and the dogs live right there in the store -- they're running around there all day during the business day, and he's licensed to adopt them right out of the store (after he does a home check and all that stuff). He's had as many as 12 dogs running around the store right in the middle of the day along with the customers, lol.

If you're ever out here, you should stop by and buy something there. It's this place:
      http://www.barknbitches.com/

Ok cool I think the most I had at one time was 13 but that's because people kept dropping puppies over the fence I think they figured out what I was doing at the time I had a golden retriever a black husky what was kind of neat because he had blonde paws and blonde eyebrows it was funny he did funny things those eyebrows it was awesome a Blue Heeler a chihuahua a wiener dog some kind of Pitbull mix and some other dogs I have no idea what the breed was it was random stuff mixed together

Pit bull is not bad. The carer is bad in case pit bull is very wild

One of my friends own a pitbull and she is a wonderful dog. People that say pitbulls are monsters must hate animals.

This is a great myTake. I love pitbulls and they are just as good as any other dog breed. They definitely don't deserve the hate they get.