4 Reasons Why Life Is Precious

1. We don't know how to create human life from non-life yet

Although we have certainly created a synthetic bacterial cell, we have not created a synthetic human cell. The biggest difficulty would probably be the multicellularity. How does nature coordinate all the cells together to function as one organism? There is so much in nature that has not been revealed yet. We are not even close in engineering human life from non-life.

The only way we can "create" new human life is to do what our ancestors have always done: fucking. Maybe someday, we will be able to invent immortal robots, so that even though our flesh-and-blood bodies die, our immortal robots have our memories and identities stored in huge databases. Humans will never have to fuck themselves anymore to replace old individuals. Instead, immortal robots will slowly replace every human life, until the world is overtaken by these sexless, immortal robots. They are sexless, because they don't need to exchange genes or reproduce. They are immortal and can self-heal. They derive their energy from the sun and from solar power plants that fuel the miniature humanoid robots; in other words, they are a better form of us, because they can photosynthesize. In addition, we humans sometimes make irrational, impulsive decisions; robots, on the other hand, will take human rationality to the extreme.

Humans will never have to fuck themselves anymore to replace old individuals.

2. We don't know how to bring people back to life

Once people die and start decomposing, they stay dead. It is not possible to bring people back to life or to reverse decomposition. Decomposition is an irreversible process, because the tiny microorganisms are eating you from the inside out, and your own body cells are dying. The good thing about decomposition is that, if humans let themselves to be thrown on the soil instead of buried in caskets or cremated, then the decomposed human body will be recycled.

3. Youth is short

Humans are unique, because they have a long childhood or delayed adolescence. Approximately 10 years are devoted to developmental growth, but that may be changing, as children are now entering puberty at earlier and earlier ages and becoming more knowledgeable about sex through age-inappropriate media.

About 20-30 years are devoted to growth and development. Given the long lifespans, the initial 20-30 years are only a small fraction of the lifespan.

4. Reproduction is limited to your teens and young adulthood

Humans are extremely fertile in their teens and twenties and maybe even thirties. But then, the ability to reproduce declines, as females go into menopause, and you can't reproduce when your other half becomes infertile. So, if you want babies, then you have to decide that for yourself as early as possible. If you decide too late, then you can just adopt the babies from other couples.

Therefore, young people should be grateful that they are pregnant, even if the pregnancy is not wanted. A pregnancy is a blessing, because without advanced medical technology or health insurance, it is kind of difficult to get a pregnancy. In that light, abortion is evil, because the person who has been blessed with a child takes away the child's life before it has a chance to live outside the womb and robs older, childless straight couples and gay couples from the opportunity to adopt. If the baby does not have a serious birth defect and poses no serious threat to the mother's health, then the baby should be born. Being a rape victim does not excuse a person from abortion, because the baby may be born perfectly healthy and live in an adopted home.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

This whole idea will turn 180 when immortality - or at least a cure for aging - will be achieved.

Grown life is precious.

• 25d

Your conclusion does not follow from your premises. You need a refresher in the logical structure of valid arguments. I suspect also you selected your premises to justify a predetermined conclusion, the fallacy of begging the question.
    Try this.
    All life is precious, not just human life. Where does that lead?

• 25d

Human extinction.

• 25d

I would say respect for ecological balance leading to our finally accepting and obeying God's first commandment, Genesis 1:28 "God blessed them, and God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth.’"
      Notice 'fill the earth.' In other words we do not have an unlimited license to reproduce. There has been a finite limit from the first instant of creation. 'Dominion' over nature is not a license to rape, pillage, and drive even a single species to extinction. In human affairs, even so-called 'absolute monarchs' recognise a duty of care to their subjects. God commands that we respect and protect every living thing. It is wise, since the surest path to our own extinction is our ongoing failure to protect our world.
      Whose side are you on? Think before you decide.

• 27d

Bollocks. Life is not precious and it's immoral to have kids. Any decent person will always get an abortion if they get pregnant

Life is precious until you have to live in a shit society that doesn't help you

"The only way we can "create" new human life is to do what our ancestors have always done: fucking"

Yes i love this mytake.

We don't get any "extra" lives, and we cannot rewind and undo any mistakes or anything that we did not want to do.

I like this take since you mentioned immortal robots, which is relevant to transhumanism. Despite it has not happened yet, and is entirely speculated, maybe it will become part of our reality, or maybe it will never, they did say never say never.

If only transhumanism really meant that eventually there would be no more pain, no more suffering or any possibility of death other than "if" and "only" that the Universe itself collapses or ends.

We have yet to reach the "singularity" and as well as very advanced an powerful nanotechnology and nanomachines/nanorobotics.

If only they all worked and turned out as good as I wish that they would, or similar to how they had been portrayed and represented in various science fiction media.

Otherwise if those kind of robots you mentioned built by humans would never "die" and is never simply destroyed or rarely if ever malfunction, then they would become humanity's legacies having all of our records and data saved, backed up, protected, and analyzed for all eternity. That way in case, for whatever reason, when and if we ever do die out, they carry on on legacy. Otherwise we and them are one, upgraded, enhanced, evolved, transcended or ascended through their assistance, where humans become highly advanced and adaptable and upgradeable cyborgs.

Sexless just means no longer solely relying on traditional methods of biological reproduction or reproduction solely through sex or methods such as artificial insemination or fertility treatments. The fact that we can die in the first place is really why sex and/or reproduction ever mattered. Because like you stated in your take, there is no other possible alternative available to us right now, no other options, although we can continue to research and experiment and hope that there will eventually become a breakthrough, or maybe not, because something terrible can also result if something goes very wrong.

Yes, it's very unfortunate that once we die, it's GAME OVER! There's no way to exactly backup our consciousness and memory and restore it onto a new physical body or physical form. No possible way to "resurrect" anyone, once they are gone.

Summary: life is precious because you only have one.

What Girls Said 7

not sure what you mean by ”maybe even 30s” ... most people reproduce during their 30s.

• 3d

great one

• 5d

right

I legitimately don't see how any of your reasons actually supports the argument against abortion.

You can't tell people what they should feel, you aren't in charge of the world. "I could never have an abortion because I feel life is precious " that's fine. That whole last paragraph is not fine. At all. Especially the rape part...

Yes life is precious
    But I still think women have the right to choose
    Life is precious
    If we didn't have abortion we would be ruining other people's lives
    Life is precious
    I believe every woman has the right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, so she can have a chance to live life
    Life is precious
    And it's important for abortions to be around... My mother had to abort my potential brother/sister a long time ago, but doing so helped her finish school, raise me and my brothers correctly, get away from my abusive dad, and she ended up later having my beautiful two sisters. If my mom didn't have an abortion we could've been dead, abused, taken away, and my two sisters wouldn't have been born. Also my mother was a heroin addict when she was pregnant, so having the baby would've been life threatening anyway. Women have their reasons to abort, there could be birth defects, they could maybe not afford to raise a child, or they could not be ready for they are only children themselves. No matter the reason, it's none of our business and right to judge. And about the adoption thing, there are too many children in the system that nobody wants. I was in a foster home several times due to family issues, and all of them were overcrowded, under appreciated, unhygienic, and unregulated. I was sexually abused in one of them and abused in two. Either help foster homes get better and put more laws in regulating foster homes, or stay out of people's business. I'd rather abort a kid than to put it in there. It scarred me and has traumatized many other children.

It's actually precious only because people tend to forget their past life.
    By the way, between adult and old age, there should be a middle-aged people.