What do you think of the name Emily?

I've recently read an article about how a name can define a person and give off a certain personality. Hence, what are your thoughts when you hear the name Emily?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, that article you read is ridiculous, because a name doesn't define anyone or their personality for that matter. How stupid.

Anyway, it's a boring name if you ask me. Emily seems to be so common in my generation. I've met so many Emily's it gets annoying. If I have a daughter in the future, I'm not naming her Emily (unless my wife pretty much forces me too.)

What Guys Said 7

• very cute <3

• Common but nice

• cute, girly and a little naughty.

• I think of a sweet smiling girl.

• I've always liked that name.

• Emily! It reminds of that girl who always got caught in some worst case scenario

• Two definite hot skinny and pretty (all at once)
    Or not hot or pretty but still skinny

What Girls Said 6

• Not a fan personally. I went to school with an Emily who always would want to borrow things and then had a habit of "wandering" off with them. Super rude and super passive agressive.

• A lot of the feeling someone will have about a name comes from the sounds of the words. Sharper, harder sounds will give off very different vibes than softer, nebulous sounds. For example, the word lullaby has very soft fitting sounds for what it means. The name Emily is similar in softness. The m and ly sounds round it off. It brings to mind someone very mild mannered, sweet, subdued, practical.

• It's soooo common but pretty, Emily sounds like someone who is a sweet person.

• I really like the name Emily in fact I plan on naming my first daughter that but I plan on spelling is Emilie because that makes it more original.

• I love that name. So pretty.

• Plain and not really noticeable